from the article Edwina's SEcretary posted: "More than 2,000 sought services on the first day of the medical clinic -- and hundreds were turned away. People were lined up Tuesday night, hoping to get in. The MTA announced it was extending service of Line 115 because of "overwhelming demand" for service to the clinic, which runs for eight days.

The Remote Area Medical Foundation is a trailer-equipped service that has staged health clinics in rural parts of the United States, Mexico and South America. It brought its health camp to urban Los Angeles County on Tuesday to begin a stint that the group's officials described as its first foray into a major urban setting."

I hope to go on a work trip with Remote Area Medical. I didn't know they were starting up inner city services. In addition to doctors they also use nurses. You can go to parts of Kentucky, Tennessee or Virginia. It makes me really sad that in America, in 2009, there are so many people who need care that they're being turned away.