Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

And this from the woman who is so concerned about the troops she spend Sunday morning reading obits.

Because you have an issue with someone it's okay to disrespect millions upon millions of servicemembers?

Here's a buck.

Go buy yourself a clue.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Here's a buck.

Go buy yourself a clue.
    Target-

Three for two dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Go buy yourself a clue.
    She might also try

sudo apt-get -y install a-clue
    Sorry for the bad joke, Im up late and feeling geeky.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Blog Entries
    Bravery, Courage, & Dignity seem to have lost their meaning in other places of the world but in mine it is alive & well. The other day Christopher Opat came home in a coffin. The streets of his home town were lined with over 2000 people coming together to pay him honor. Our governor ordered our countrys flag to be flown at half mast that day. The representative sent by the military was in tears because he had never seen so many people turn out for a military funeral before. I heard a song played in memory of Christopher on our local country western station where at noon before the news the Star Spangled Banner is still played. Bravery, Courage, & Dignity are still alive in my part of the world. THANK GOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Bravery, Courage, & Dignity are still alive in my part of the world. THANK GOD!
    I think you forgot Humility.

I am sure that each and every service person would blush at all the attention they receive when they finally come home.

I saw a story with the lead line of "Rush gets star on walk of fame" so
    I worked up a rant and clicked on the story........... It was about the band
    Rush, not the big fat moron. A perfectly good rant gone to waste.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I saw a story with the lead line of "Rush gets star on walk of fame" so
    I worked up a rant and clicked on the story........... It was about the band
    Rush, not the big fat moron. A perfectly good rant gone to waste.
    WTF, do have against one of the ALL TIME GREATEST ROCK BANDS?

Easy, Turbo.....

I do that often and I blame it on lazy editors.

Hollywood Walk of Fame

Would you like to be nominated?

From Wikpedia -

Each year, an average of 200 nominations are submitted to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Walk of Fame Selection Committee. Anyone, including fans, can nominate anyone active in the field of entertainment, as long as the nominee or his or her management is in agreement with the nomination. (A letter of agreement from the nominated celebrity or representative must accompany the application.) Nominees must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in the category for which they are nominated. Posthumous nominees must be deceased at least 5 years. At a meeting each June, the Committee selects approximately 20 celebrities to receive stars on the Walk of Fame during the following year. One posthumous award is given each year as well. The nominations of those not selected are "rolled over" to the following year for reconsideration; those not selected two years in a row are dropped, and must be renominated to receive further consideration. Living recipients must agree to personally attend a presentation ceremony within five years of selection. A relative of deceased recipients must attend posthumous presentations. Presentation ceremonies are open to the public.

A fee (currently USD $25,000), payable at time of selection, is collected to pay for the creation and installation of the star, as well as general maintenance of the Walk of Fame. The fee is usually paid by the nominating organization, which may be a fan club, or a film studio, record company, broadcaster, or other sponsor involved with the honoree's current or ongoing project. The Starz cable network, for example, paid for Dennis Hopper's star as part of the promotion for its series Crash. It was unveiled in March 2010, shortly before his death.

Traditionally, the identities of members of the Selection Committee have not been made public in order to minimize conflicts of interest, and to prevent lobbying of committee members by celebrities and their representatives (which was a significant problem during selection of the original 1550 recipients in the late 1950s). However, in 1999, to answer growing charges of "back room politics" in the selection process, the Chamber disclosed the members' names: They were Johnny Grant, who chaired the Committee and represented the television category; Earl Lestz, president of Paramount Studio Group (motion pictures); Stan Spero, retired manager with broadcast stations KMPC and KABC (radio); Kate Nelson, owner of the Palace Theatre (live performance); and Mary Lou Dudas, vice president of A&M Records (recording industry).

After that disclosure, however, the veil of secrecy was restored; subsequently, the Chamber would say only that Lestz (who received his own star in 2004) became the Committee's chairman after Grant died in 2008, and that "each of the five categories is represented by someone with expertise in that field."

As of June 2010, Lestz had apparently been replaced as chairman by John Pavlik, former Director of Communications for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. While no public announcement was made to that effect, he was identified as chairman in the Chamber's press release announcing the 2011 star recipients.

The Speaker of the House

"Unemployment compensation is a job creating mechanism."

http://www.breitbart.tv/pelosi-unemp...o-create-jobs/

Any of you lefties got a defence for this typically brain dead Pelosi comment?

PUH-LEASE explain to me how unemployment compensation CREATES Private sector jobs?
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War