Thread: Politics and religion.

Seriously?

If I had gone in front of any committee and said, "I need booze, ciggies, massages or ???????"

I would have been laughed out of the room.

I think that it was a fluke for her to even be let into the room.

Not because she DIDN'T have anything important to say, it was her crusade.

While I do think sex is fun? To ask a company/school to pay for me to have "fun" while I should be working or studying shows just how dumb some of the people who have a voice and the chance to make a difference, then make it all about them.

Yes, I do know all the medical applications of BCPs and how they help some women's illnesses and conditions, to openly complain about a school not providing you with the means to go out and get some "fun" to be funny to the point of making me want to puke.

She didn't deserve to be called anything more than a misguided soul - Had she come to the table with the arguement that SHE HERSELF needed BCPs for anything more than having sex?

I'd buy that all day.

------------------

I had to laugh yesterday about a speech I heard on the tubular.

I heard this 'exec' used a term that made me laugh.

He was talking about "having the back" of another entity.

WTF was that all about.

When people start using 'street slang' to get a point across, It make me cringe and want to laugh at the same time.

Having someone's back
    It is what It is.
    They are on crack have, to be some of the dumbest phrases that have made it into the public domain.

Especially when uttered during a speech that has to do with world peace.

Keep it clean folks, and remember children view the forum.

I was just glad some companies were acting on their convictions and pulling their dollars from his show.
    I've Been Frosted

Schultz offered to take the time off. I agree that Limbaugh's apology was insincere but I think that Schult'z was also. It's just that he was smarter than Limbaugh by preempting the station w/his apology and self imposed suspension.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

4. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Sometimes things happen that restore my faith in the goodness of some corporations:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...hip/?hpt=hp_c2
    Amen...amen. The dollar is all people like Limbo understand.

What I cannot get over is it was apparent from his remarks that he had not even heard what she said (which is also true of a poster on this!)

She did not say she wanted the government to pay for anything. She did not say ANYTHING about recreational sex....btw what makes sex "recreational"?

And want to talk about a fluke? A table full of non-medical men opining on women's reproductive issues. Sorry - that is a FARCE!

And wanting her to make a sex video??? I thought O'Reilly is the sex pervert and Limbo the druggie. Don't you wonder if his insurance pays for Limbo's recreational drug use??

There is no double standard here. Free speech does not mean speech free from consequences.

And the most amusing line from Limbo about the sponsors pulling out..."They've decided they don't want you or your business anymore. So be it. For me, this program is always about you..."

Oh Rush...really?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Keep it clean folks, and remember children view the folforum.

I was just glad some companies were acting on their convictions and pulling their dollars from his show.

I am glad the mattress company pulled their support and the flowers-to-go people followed suit.

I hope that any jewelry store gets smart, too!

Much ado about nothing.

I get 50% off of my pedicures on my own, I don't need RL's sponsors.

I saw Rush twice, best concert I have ever been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

And want to talk about a fluke? A table full of non-medical men opining on women's reproductive issues. Sorry - that is a FARCE!
    So, my statements about the military that you cannot possibly understand the military unless you've been there are ridiculous and caused your feathers to get severely ruffled, but men can't discuss female reproductive issues?

I think someone said something about a double standard????
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    So, my statements about the military that you cannot possibly understand the military unless you've been there are ridiculous and caused your feathers to get severely ruffled, but men can't discuss female reproductive issues?

So, "go forth and multiply" really is about math?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

Nope. Nothing double standard about it. Read the Supreme Court decision that caused Congress to amend Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to include pregnancy as a protected class. I don't remember the name of the case but the employer was GE. Those nine men said that since only woman can get pregnant, pregnant men were not being treated differently than pregnant women.

Of course men can discuss female reproductive issues. But hardly as authoritatively as well....a female.

Equating occupation with gender - really? A real stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Equating occupation with gender - really? A real stretch.

Not at all. The military isn't an occupation in the normal sense at all, and calling it an occupation is a prime indicator that someone just doesn't get it.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Not at all. The military isn't an occupation in the normal sense at all, and calling it an occupation is a prime indicator that someone just doesn't get it.
    And that is what is said of just about every occupation. Just last week I had a guy in an unemployment hearing telling me and the hearing judge that we could not understand what road construction is all about - the challenges, etc. until we "walked a mile in his boots."

It is rather offensive that you think people are incapable of understanding but there you have it. I have never been a lumberjack, or a chef, or a soldier or a spy. While that doesn't mean "I cannot understand" I can tell you without a doubt that I would not - ever- testify before Congress about life in the military.

And that is the point.

Dear presidential candidates,

It doesn't help me when you air negative attack commercials on your opponents. Just tell me why you should get my vote. I don't particularly like any of my options for the upcoming election, so you'll need to convince me.

Dear Canada,
    Are you accepting new residents? I might need to move in after the November elections.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Wow, if it's gotten this bad over there, maybe it's seriously high time to come home.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=15917672
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Much ado about nothing. It's not unusual, frankly I can't remember ever being under arms when politicos were in the area, except on training ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Much ado about nothing. It's not unusual, frankly I can't remember ever being under arms when politicos were in the area, except on training ranges.

In a war zone??
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt