Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    If this kind of stuff was what it was all about.... I would be behind you 100%. I cannot think of an honest person who would not support the rights of people to be safe in their workplace.

But it's not JUST about that and you know it.
    AT the raw level of a local, this is entirely what it's all about.

How much do you contribute to your pension? How much do we? What happens if the economy tanks? Does your pension lose value? Is there a chance, that once you retire you might not have that pension?
    Pension? You mean the prorated "annuity" I get under FERS? It's not much, look it up. My "pension" is a thrift saving plan, AKA a 401-K. If the market tanks, my TSP tanks, very simple. It's MY money, with an agency match, and I pay FICA as well. THe BS being fed to the public by the MSM is the way it USED to be under CSRS. FERS is a whole different breed of cat. In addition, my pension, such as it is, is subject to Congressional whims. If a corporation raids their pension fund, they're subject to federal action. If My employer raids the pension funds (to the tune of $149 BILLION dollars, look it up) it's just another day in DC.

Don't get me wrong.... I am in NO way jealous of what you have. I've been told that, that I am 'jealous' of the lavish benefits certain unions enjoy. Please...

If you can't tell.... Its the issue of forever pensions that boils my blood. At least private companies have to answer to their shareholders... Unless you are GM and get bailed out... By US!

Finally, don't take this personally, because its not.
    Again, WHAT forever pension? Where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    AT the raw level of a local, this is entirely what it's all about.

Pension? You mean the prorated "annuity" I get under FERS? It's not much, look it up. My "pension" is a thrift saving plan, AKA a 401-K. If the market tanks, my TSP tanks, very simple. It's MY money, with an agency match, and I pay FICA as well. THe BS being fed to the public by the MSM is the way it USED to be under CSRS. FERS is a whole different breed of cat. In addition, my pension, such as it is, is subject to Congressional whims. If a corporation raids their pension fund, they're subject to federal action. If My employer raids the pension funds (to the tune of $149 BILLION dollars, look it up) it's just another day in DC.

Again, WHAT forever pension? Where do I sign up?
    Thanks for the knowledge.

What you get is fair it seems. I hope you did not take it on the chin too bad of late.... Its much different than the local teacher's union.

---

Please stop it with the "evil" BS. I know you are not evil. I know the average working joe in a union is not evil. You sound like somebody else who posts here....

---

Maybe you need to find another job? It sounds like you have a high frustration level. You said you have system engineer skills. Give me your resume. At my company, you get to be a peer with everyone, even the owners.

Can you speak AS400? I have an opportunity for just such a person.

I am NOT patronizing you. I'm serious. This still is America. If your job is killing you....
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War