Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    McC is bound by the "rules of engagement" -no I'm not talking about a prenup..

I read that many of the troops were disgruntled that they were not allowed to "carry out the mission" they were tasked to do.
    The worst thing about strict RoE is it causes hesitation. Soldiers often have to take an extra second or two when seconds mean life or death. Combat happens fast. You are quick or you are dead and the 2nd place guy goes home crippled or in a body bag.

Either we fight to WIN or we should go home. War is a ugly, dirty business. You don't win wars by playing nice. Our soldiers are among the very best in the world. We should be able to trust them to do the right thing. Because 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 they do.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    The worst thing about strict RoE is it causes hesitation. Soldiers often have to take an extra second or two when seconds mean life or death. Combat happens fast. You are quick or you are dead and the 2nd place guy goes home crippled or in a body bag.

Either we fight to WIN or we should go home. War is a ugly, dirty business. You don't win wars by playing nice. Our soldiers are among the very best in the world. We should be able to trust them to do the right thing. Because 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 they do.
    This isn't a good comparison but it's like getting a pass down ice and trying to figure out where to put your shot.

You only get one chance and you have to take it.

You can tell how a 'business' is run by talking to the 'troops' and asking about the 'boss'.

Now? we have to wait and see.