Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

......so, the Hispanic media was rife with stories about how 'wonderful' it would be to elect a party that was going to fast track the citizenship laws.

One of the dynamics/thoughts in the Hispanic group (HG) is that they work hard and contribute to the economy - the illegals are in a very unique position here in the US -work under the table and if caught, they can be deported.
    They do pay taxes - sales and gas - and often work in the industries where the work is hard, dirty, and at or below the minimum wage. They work with no benefits and no insurance.

A 'promise' of citizenship was a classic bait and switch move by the political machine...and years later, with no real movement on the horizon - this next election should be interesting and 'fun' to watch.

The dems are going to blame the repubs for the bottleneck and try to keep the HG.
    The repubs are going to try and swing them over.....with what new promises?

Bottom line?

It's politics to sway a group to vote for you. But how long is it before that voting block see the promises as a cruel way to put people on "hold" while they play games with the laws.

It's a great way to get into office, but soon the people who's shoulders you used to stand on, are going to tired of being stepped on?

Frankly, they're arresting the wrong people in those cases.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Can the "Duck Dynasty" boys 15 minutes of fame be over?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Buh bye, Disney.

Well, I was planning on bringing the kids to Disney.

No longer.

http://www.computerworld.com/article...n-workers.html

No, I'm not a xenophobe.

However, I have had enough of the abuse of a program designed to bring truly special, irreplaceable talent into the country to displace American workers with lower paid foreign staff brought in under the auspices of H1B.