Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

I just read that the "Reverend" Mr. Jones is moving up his planned visit to Dearborn to April 22 (i.e., GOOD FRIDAY!):

------->
    ... Jones plans to join an “anti-Sharia law” protest outside the Islamic Center of America on April 22 in Dearborn, Mich., which has a large population of Arab Americans. The protest has been organized by an obscure northern Michigan militia group called “Order of the Dragon.”
    -----
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/04...ad-to-violence

He has his own wacko little church, so he's not from Westboro Baptist.. There's more than one "church" like this?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I just read that the "Reverend" Mr. Jones is moving up his planned visit to Dearborn to April 22 (i.e., GOOD FRIDAY!):

------->
    ... Jones plans to join an “anti-Sharia law” protest outside the Islamic Center of America on April 22 in Dearborn, Mich., which has a large population of Arab Americans. The protest has been organized by an obscure northern Michigan militia group called “Order of the Dragon.”
    -----
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/04...ad-to-violence

He has his own wacko little church, so he's not from Westboro Baptist.. There's more than one "church" like this?
    Good God. Can't they put a stop to this imbecile ????

"I'm Back !!"

How to stop a government shut down

Well, looks like our congress has messed around and are not passing a budget - again!

Here is one way to stop them from shutting down the government:
    make it clear that no congressmembers will get a pay check either since our military men and women won't. AND no vacations for congress unless and untill the budget is passed and FINALLY all congress people and the president will all be spanked hard if they don't pass it by the end of the day. sheesh

Enought messing around you dummies!!!! It's not like making a budget is NEW. It happens (or is SUPPOSED too) every year!!!!!

BY the way, why don't we cut off monatary aid to countries who HATE us?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

From USA Today -

By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY

Members of Congress say they'll donate their pay to the U.S. Treasury or charity if the government shuts down.

Add House Speaker John Boehner to the growing list of members of Congress who say they'll skip their paycheck if the federal government shuts down tonight.

By law, members of Congress and the president would continue to receive their pay in the event of a government shutdown.

Boehner is sending a letter to House lawmakers explaining how the House Administration can help them return their pay to the U.S. Treasury, which he plans to do.

Several lawmakers in both parties have said they will either donate their pay to charity or give it back to the U.S. Treasury if a budget deal cannot be reached and the government closes its doors at midnight.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has joined an effort led by Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., to get members of Congress to give up their pay. Manchin's "no budget, no pay," pledge has attracted support from two dozen lawmakers, including Republicans John McCain of Arizona and freshmen senators Mark Kirk of Illinois and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.

Boehner's annual salary is $223,500 -- the most for a member of Congress because he is by law second in line to the presidency. Reid earns $193,400. Members outside of the top leadership group receive $174,000 for 2011.

And from FOXNews -

Not only will neither chamber pass the other's no-pay bill, but the 27th Amendment to the Constitution provides that laws changing congressional pay don't take effect until the following term.

Issa noted this concern, as did Sen. Christopher Coons, D-Del. But Coons said the Constitution wouldn't prevent lawmakers from volunteering to give up their pay.

"There is a constitutional issue here. We might have to voluntarily give back our pay in the event of a shutdown. But I think the pain here ought to be spread broadly," Coons told Fox News. "The average folks out there watching this ought to know that we in Washington get it, that a shutdown is an embarrassing failure on our part to do the job we were hired to come here and do."

Dan Weiser, spokesman for the chief administrative officer of the House, said members of Congress have to receive their paychecks by law, but that, if they don't give them to charity, they can also use them to pay down the national debt. However, The Washington Post reported last month that just a few lawmakers have gotten in the habit of doing that, and that donations from Congress to the debt totaled just $15,000 in 2010.

The looming government shutdown is a sad state of affairs, but even
    worse is the awful news I heard about yesterday. Fox network is NOT
    renewing Glenn Beck"s TV show. Where ever will I get the REAL INSIDE
    SCOOP on politics now? We are all doomed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The looming government shutdown is a sad state of affairs, but even
    worse is the awful news I heard about yesterday. Fox network is NOT
    renewing Glenn Beck"s TV show. Where ever will I get the REAL INSIDE
    SCOOP on politics now? We are all doomed.
    I heard and am desvastated. <<Snicker>> Who will idolize Sarah Palin now? Who will connect the conspiracy dots for us? Who will make the tea for the tea party???

I REALLY am sorry to hear that. Don't agree with everything he says. But I liked him.

Looks like Spooky Dude finally got him off the air.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

He's not dead, I'm sure he'll be all over other media outlets, like radio.
    I've Been Frosted