Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Another thought about the rev and his rants.

Everyone focuses on the "race" part...What about the hate speech against the government?

Not about some of the fools we have in office, but just the general tone and hate against the system?

Most of the other 'revs' (ain't gonna capitalize the word because they really don't deserve it.) are commenting about statements being taken 'out of context' and misconstrued. Hmmm, I wonder what else we and the media have missed?

Al Sharptongue was vehement in his support of BO, Jesse Jackson was cornered at a function and stuttered his way into deflecting the question posed by the reporter about his thoughts on the matter.

------------

I guess everyone knows about BO's unwillingness to wear a flag pin on his lapel or putting his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance.

You want to lead the country that your spiritual advisor dislikes so much?

A talk show host made the observation, as I did, about the flags behind BO during his speech-he won't stand behind a pin on his lapel, but he'll stand in front of eight of them in his time of political need?

I have more questions than he has answers.

----------

And here's a little foible that I really am focused on.

The 'Three Umm Rule'.

A talkshow host here in Lost Angeles would kick callers off the air if they called up and "Ummed" more than three times during the call.

Bo has an annoying UM and hesitancy when he speaks. He pauses and searches for an answer or a word.....

Kind reminds me of other politicos that aren't well versed in off the cuff speaking.

Check it out.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

It has been getting to be an every other thing with Obama.He seems
    to give speechs to interpret & explain ,what he said in his last speech.

Now he's explaining his Grandmother was acting like any other" typical
    white person" in holding a bias against blacks.

What the heck is a "typical white person"? Is it like a "typical black person"?

I'm surprised all caucasians havn't rioted in the streets at hearing that.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh goodie! Now we are judging presidential candidates by the jewelry they wear!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Oh goodie! Now we are judging presidential candidates by the jewelry they wear!!!!
    Ummmm......He also may be an....Ummmmm anti- Ummmmmm......CLICK

--------------

Is a flag pin jewelry? Or a statement? Or a way to support that evil US of A?

He could have a Prince Albert for all I care.....It's the thought his wife dresses him and dictates his wardrobe and accessories.

P.S.
    He made such a great speech about race and not a mention of NASCAR....

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Is a flag pin jewelry? Or a statement? Or a way to support that evil US of A?

He could have a Prince Albert for all I care.....It's the thought his wife dresses him and dictates his wardrobe and accessories.

Today I wore a cat pin....ooooo what is the statement! Jeez And if I don't wear it tomorrow maybe Lou Dobbs can do a commentary on it!

So you judge a candidate on his/her clothes...I get it! How....high school!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary

So you judge a candidate on his/her clothes...I get it! How....high school!
    I try to get a little deeper than that. I think you took my statement out of context. It's the reason that he won't wear a pin that bugs me-You know, He could be a TYPICAL AMERICAN MALE and get behind the whole ideal.
    But no, he's gotta be different.

Mitt Romney got the same BS because he was a Mormon, Mormon=Polygamist, right? The reason that is wasn't a really big deal is the fact that MR didn't attend a church where the pastor/cleric/elder was running his mouth off and making light of the white man in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky or passing around the idea that god should damn the U.S.

I kinda wish my grandmothers were alive. I see alot of angst that I could attribute to them. See, I am half white and would love to go out and pillage and burn some stuff. Because BO mentioned the brown man in his speech, my hands are tied.

---------------

The line of the week went something like this-
    We went from Rosa Parks trying to get a seat on the bus to Barack Obama throwing his grandmother under the bus.

-------------

Can I speak to my spiritual advisor before making any more statements on this thread?

What the heck is a "typical white person"? Is it like a "typical black person
    Yeah, we all look alike.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    Mitt Romney got the same BS because he was a Mormon, Mormon=Polygamist, right? The reason that is wasn't a really big deal is the fact that MR didn't attend a church where the pastor/cleric/elder was running his mouth off and making light of the white man in the oval office with Monica Lewinsky or passing around the idea that god should damn the U.S.

---------------
    You know I've heard several white preachers on TV say sort of the same thing. Only instead of saying g d..n the US, they put it like : God will punish the US for things like abortion etc. They weren't directing hate at any one group, they were including them all.

Now some of the news people brought up that someone said the country is ran by rich white people. There was a big discussion on CNN about this. Fact is, the country IS ran by rich white people. Not that it's right, but few of other races have lots of money and those that do, have better things to do with it. If rich people didn't run the country, they wouldn't need so much money to run for president. Abe Linclon would never get elected today.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Line of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I try to get a little deeper than that. I think you took my statement out of context. It's the reason that he won't wear a pin that bugs me-You know, He could be a TYPICAL AMERICAN MALE and get behind the whole ideal.
    But no, he's gotta be different.

I kinda wish my grandmothers were alive. I see alot of angst that I could attribute to them. See, I am half white and would love to go out and pillage and burn some stuff. Because BO mentioned the brown man in his speech, my hands are tied.

---------------

The line of the week went something like this-
    We went from Rosa Parks trying to get a seat on the bus to Barack Obama throwing his grandmother under the bus.

-------------

Can I speak to my spiritual advisor before making any more statements on this thread?
    That line of the week is one of the best things I have heard all week. Thank you for posting it!!!

Bo

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    It has been getting to be an every other thing with Obama.He seems
    to give speechs to interpret & explain ,what he said in his last speech.

Now he's explaining his Grandmother was acting like any other" typical
    white person" in holding a bias against blacks.

What the heck is a "typical white person"? Is it like a "typical black person"?

I'm surprised all caucasians havn't rioted in the streets at hearing that.
    Well, didn't you know that only WHITE people can be racist? Most of us don't care that he is black if he seemed to know what he was doing and cared a whit about the country he is President of.