Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Good article.

My opinion on women doing anything is this.

If a woman wants to compete with men, go for it. But, do not complain about getting dirty, literally and figuratively.

By the same token, the men she competes with should offer her the same competition that they would afford another man.

By that I mean, Don't slap her arse during or after a game, don't pull a strength move that she can't match, use guile, brains and a little finesse..
    I have been in some of the most satisfying games (behave yourself!) with women when I have played-as opposed to trying to out muscle- them.

----------

Gals will always get the short shrift, menopause, monthlies, hormone comments. The most dangerous opponents to any woman politico are the AHs like Dean and Pelosi- the female basher and the old crow who can't stand to see woman ascend to something they can't or will never be.

They only care for end result, should BO get the House. The salivate over the chance to show up on the White House door step, hat in hand and remind the him about the color of lipstick they were wearing when they kissed his arse.

Ah, politics!

----------

By the same token -no pun intended there, god knows you can't say anything these days without someone playing the race card- I heard two interesting news stories/clips about women and politics.

The woman who called BO and 'inadequate black man'. I was waiting for the backlash of protest against the media for playing the clip of her saying that.
    Nothing, nada, zilch.

Then a guest on a news show was asked about who she was going to vote for.....She hinted that her vote was going to BO becaUse he is a ROCK STAR!

WT Ever Loving F does THAT mean?

Why not put Mick Jagger in? Bob Dylan? Axel Rose?

We love our rock stars, but they come with a severe handicap. Drugs, alcohol, vapid personalities and not the best judgement.

Everyday I see a little more clearly.

No one questions BO is inadequate and a rockstar.

God, Have mercy on our souls, our country and the state of Rock and Roll.

AMEN.

Remember this little fact in a few years from now.

There is a heat wave that starts from the tip of Florida and stretches into the Mid Atlantic area.

In FLA there have been blackouts from an overloaded electrical network.

"I can't charge up my electric car to get to work!"
    From on extreme to another.

Think about this when you vote in November.

-------------

Oh, Hybrid means.....

Hey, You Bought Right In to the Drivel!

Ugh,

I am already tired of the effing election. And of the smears!

I heard this one the other day.

MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true.

Also, the Special Action and Election Group of Twelve that BO has hired to give him counsel.

Ahhhhh, win the election first......Ummmm, Ahhhhh, Ummmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Ugh,

I am already tired of the effing election. And of the smears!

I heard this one the other day.

MO took her oldest daughter to see Sex in the City as a bonding experience. That is such a stupid story it has to be true.

Also, the Special Action and Election Group of Twelve that BO has hired to give him counsel.

Ahhhhh, win the election first......Ummmm, Ahhhhh, Ummmmmmmm.
    Would you please provide the sources of your information - thanks.

Please explain to me why some of the politicians are against drilling off our own costs because it will take 5 years to get the system up and running?

Seems to me if we are in this mess now, just think of the mess we will be in 5 years from now if they don't get off their bums and do something NOW!!!

Sure let China and N Korea suck the area dry when we need the oil too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Would you please provide the sources of your information - thanks.
    The new Laura Ingraham show. She made the reference yesterday about the SITC movie-I think it came from MO's sitting in on the View program. All the news programs were tauting the BO committee/gang/group/hangers on that he selected.

-------------

I think that JM was in error when he mentioned the SK's drilling off the coast.

Anyway, we have ourselves to blame for being lazy and too politcally correct.

The gov't. can charge a tax or tariff and donate those proceeds to the Bureau of Land Management and the other agencies that take care of the land and parks....that should keep everyone happy.

The new Laura Ingraham show. She made the reference yesterday about the SITC movie-I think it came from MO's sitting in on the View program. All the news programs were tauting the BO committee/gang/group/hangers on that he selected.

-------------

I think that JM was in error when he mentioned the SK's drilling off the coast.

Anyway, we have ourselves to blame for being lazy and too politcally correct.

The gov't. can charge a tax or tariff and donate those proceeds to the Bureau of Land Management and the other agencies that take care of the land and parks....that should keep everyone happy.
    Laura was wrong. MO took her best friend with her to see SITC, not her daughter.
    Don't you think Laura has been a bit off the mark since being banned from her radio station? I watched her new TV show, and thought she was shrill and not so 'together' as she is on the radio. For the most part, I enjoy her radio morning shows; but ended up switching away from the TV. Maybe yesterday she got rattled by that piece with Susan Rice.

The new Laura Ingraham show.
    An irrefutable...totally unbiased "news" show!
    What??? Not on Stephen Colbert or O'Reilly????

You have given me the best laugh of the week...Laura Ingraham show as a "source".....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    An irrefutable...totally unbiased "news" show!
    What??? Not on Stephen Colbert or O'Reilly????

You have given me the best laugh of the week...Laura Ingraham show as a "source".....

I can't help it if I am not riveted to a program, I channel surf a great deal,

I have the attention span of a gnat and just tell ya what I heard, KInda like the people who watch Colbert or O'Reilly faithfully.

I have no knowledge of Ingraham before she showed up on my cable. For all I know Susan Rice is a side dish or some gal from the Food Network!

I did preface the MO story as being a smear. I am of the mind that stupid stories are sometimes stupid enough to be true,

Like barring Muslim women from sitting in the gallery at any speech a politician gives.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 06-19-2008 at 11:14 PM.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.