Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

Poor Hillary

She can't seem to get out from under his shadow

KINSHASA, Congo (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton's temper flared on Monday when a Congolese university student asked her for her husband's thinking on an international financial matter.

A week after former President Bill Clinton traveled to North Korea to secure the release of two detained American journalists and stole the limelight from the start of his wife's first trip to Africa, Clinton was clearly displeased by the question at town hall forum in Kinshasa.

''You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?'' she replied incredulously when the male student asked her what ''Mr. Clinton'' thought of World Bank concerns about a multibillion-dollar Chinese loan offer to the Congo.

''My husband is not secretary of state, I am,'' an obviously annoyed Clinton said sharply. ''If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband.''

The question was left unanswered as the moderator of the event quickly moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    She can't seem to get out from under his shadow
    As it turns out...the translator made a mistake. The student was asking what President Obama thinks about the issue.

I don't blame her....I would be annoyed if someone asked my what my husband thinks about an issue. Reminds me of the first time I served on jury duty and the attorney asked me what my father did for a living - not what I did, not what my mother did -

And your special guest referee for today's event is Senator Arlen Spector!

With no 'disrespect' meant to our wonderful lawmakers?

Ya get what you sow, morons.

-------------

Watch the prez' THM meeting today.....

That should be interesting.

---------------

Poor Hillary,

She put on the 'shrew' in Africa, eh?

Now, her reaction wasn't very politically correct was it?

Of course she can't channel Bill. why would she want to do THAT!

Now here is one wild and wacky woman!

Orly Taitz

How did she get in the country???

And here is a great clip of screeching in a high pitch voice, with the objective to drown out the person speaking... you know...also known as a person interested in a rational discussion of healthcare?

rational?

It is going to be a long season!
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-11-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Please.

Health INSURANCE Reform.

It's all wordage and unwillingness of people to see the direction the wind blows.

HCR and HIC are two different topics, What an incredible snow job we are getting from the current regime.

Health INSURANCE merely means you will get to see/talk to a doctor, Health care happens AFTER HE TELLS YOU you need to have your hang nail surgically removed.

It's like buying a ticket to an event/concert/game.

The people with money can afford to sit up front and SEE the event.

The people in the back are in the buidling and can barely make out the stage.

The people outdoors are SOL.

The only thing that HIR does is give you the chance to see a doctor, then take the chance that your ins co will tell you your procedure/tests are not covered.

If insurance companies are forced to test everyone, everytime- who will pay for that. And what will that do to premiums/costs.

---------

Before I forget.

Since I am against the current way BO is planning to go aobut HIR/HCR He insinuates that I am part of the problem. Please, This FW does not know the first thing about HOW med care is administered and how it works for and against the public.

INstead of taking on the COSTS of healthcare, he's taking on the way it is administered.

There no progress to be made here.
    This is just a waste of time and the morons chanting, Yes We Can are just as much to blame.

Yes we can, but how much will it cost us?

--------

Let the stuttering begin.