Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I would have no problem with it - IF we then "cut" the wars/conflicts and brought every single service person home; from every single country where they are currently stationed.
    I agree about the conflicts we are fighting now. I do.

But as for pulling ALL our people back form any foreign country.... I know we are losing our superpower status, but for now we still need to be able to project power. Especially when our potential opponents are increasing their ability to project.

You have some hearing loss, and chose not to avail yourself of help. That's all well and good, but what about all those troops from Iraq and Afghanistan - you know, the ones with traumatic brain injuries, loss of limbs? What about them?
    These are the people who the VA should focus on. The ones who are truly disabled by their service. I just want to waste to end. My hearing loss does not prevent me from working or living a normal life. But I know that a LOT of vets do take that monthly check...

Grace, I am sure you understand how dependance can utterly ruin a person. Surely in your career you have seen it. I know it FEELS great to help those in need.... If ONLY that was the case. But no... LBJ gave us the "Great Society". HA! LBJ single handedly created GENERATIONS dependant upon their hard working neighbors. GENERATIONS of people raised in single parent homes. But, he also did get those people to vote "D", so its all good.

---

What do we cut then? How do we fix the almost impossible level of debt we have? I've always said that whatever the fix is, its going to hurt.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Some only insist on strict Constitutionality only when they benefit from
    it. Sorry, that's not they way it works folks.
    I agree.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

No wonder we are going broke. We give aid to Egypt to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars.

More than 80 percent of U.S. aid to Egypt, or $1.3 billion, is in the form of military assistance, according to data supplied by the U.S. State Department. With President Barack Obama in power, military aid has stayed unchanged and economic assistance has been cut to $250 million from $411 million in 2008 with the phasing out of democracy-linked programs.

The amount of money Egypt receives from the U.S. is exceeded only by Afghanistan, Pakistan and Israel, based on the State Department’s budget request for the current fiscal year.

source

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Liz! Those are the same people who whine about "activist" judges -- defined as a judge who makes a decision you don't like.

Unlike say... a judge who goes to speak at a political rally...or who lies on his financial disclosure by failingto list the income his wife receives from her work for fringe political groups...

Justice Thomas was only about 15 years late in reporting the required
    information. Wonder if he thought to report it to the IRS?

Scalia is a cheap date and a loud mouth who will talk endlessly to anyone
    bored enough to listen.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

5. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Justice Thomas was only about 15 years late in reporting the required
    information. Wonder if he thought to report it to the IRS?
    Exactly what I wondered! Once a liar...well...

But what does BHO have to do with these guys? Or GWB for that matter?

I am confused. Thomas was appointed by GHWB and Scalia by Reagan.

But what does BHO have to do with these guys? Or GWB for that matter?

I am confused. Thomas was appointed by GHWB and Scalia by Reagan.

Nada, zip, zero to do with either of them.

As my old History teacher used to say," a fact ignored is still a fact"
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    As with all government programs, the VA is not without its share of fraud/waste/abuse. I know of people who get a FULL disability check from the VA, but are still quite capable of having a job and/or still work under the table.
    The way I see it ????
    Veterans are doing it no different than lots of others in your country, they are just trying to live.
    A start ???
    Stop giving massive aid to other countries. What ??? Is the USA some world Santa Claus ???
    They talk about the billions and billions given to other countries by the USA, when we all know that if the situation were reversed, you would receive sweet Fanny Adams from other countries.
    And then they talk about cutting down the veterans pensions, veterans who have given their very blood to their country.
    Don't make no sense to me.
    I think your country needs a bloody good clean out, and I wouldn't be starting with veterans.....no....go higher up the ladder, that's where you'll find the abuse, waste and fraud.

Now we have Palins's thoughts on Obama's reaction, or lack of it, to the
    unrest in Egypt. Read her comments, they're better than the funny pages.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sarah...ry?id=12851413
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Now we have Palins's thoughts on Obama's reaction, or lack of it, to the
    unrest in Egypt. Read her comments, they're better than the funny pages.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sarah...ry?id=12851413
    Her second speech is all over the place? I quit listening to it.

Sarah has bought up a good point. Who will be ruling Egypt? Any Ideas?

10. What are the chances Ms. Palin can name "those other countries" in the Middle East that she is worried about? What are the chances she can point to Egypt on a map - without coaching?

Would slim to none cover it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Cleopatra ????

12. Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    What Ms. Palin does not seem to understand is that it is not the role of the United States government to install rulers in foreign sovereign nations.

The Egyptian people will decide who will lead their country. As I understand it they want someone to lead - not to rule.

Now that Palin has her own thread can we keep this hate in there?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Blog Entries
    What Ms. Palin does not seem to understand is that it is not the role of the United States government to install rulers in foreign sovereign nations.

The Egyptian people will decide who will lead their country. As I understand it they want someone to lead - not to rule.
    Is that why we are fighting in Iraq,& Afghanistan? Our country has been either fighting or shelling out money & weapons for decades to our favorite rulers/dictators. It would be nice if we had people who want to lead & not rule in our own country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Is that why we are fighting in Iraq,& Afghanistan? Our country has been either fighting or shelling out money & weapons for decades to our favorite rulers/dictators. It would be nice if we had people who want to lead & not rule in our own country.
    Its a two sided sword. It keeps us fighting amongst ourselves and keeps the hate alive for Sarah Palin. Its a win win for the Libs.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.