Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    May not be unusual but it doesn't explain why Baucus got to ramble on the way he did. If others can be denied an extra 30 seconds to finish their thought, Baucus should've been yanked off the floor w/a hook for his outrageous conduct.

Do you honestly believe that any politician can restrict themselves to
    a measy 30 seconds to explain anything?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Do you honestly believe that any politician can restrict themselves to
    a measy 30 seconds to explain anything?
    My point is that whether or not they can wrap it up in 30 seconds is irrelevant. They were denied the chance but Baucus got to ramble on while drunk.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I wonder - when the Senators get up to speak, they normally have a specific amount of time alloted. When Lieberman was speaking he had run out of time and wanted more. Did Baucus speak within his alloted time - without running over? That might be why he was not interrupted.

Then, again, maybe the Senators who were present just wanted to see him make a fool of himself

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    maybe the Senators who were present just wanted to see him make a fool of himself
    Or there's that.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I wonder - when the Senators get up to speak, they normally have a specific amount of time alloted. When Lieberman was speaking he had run out of time and wanted more. Did Baucus speak within his alloted time - without running over? That might be why he was not interrupted.

Then, again, maybe the Senators who were present just wanted to see him make a fool of himself
    You know I just now viewed the video of Baucus's address to Congress
    and am struck with the irony of who made this objection to it.

It is Mark Foley, Really, it was Mark Foley.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

You know I just now viewed the video of Baucus's address to Congress
    and am struck with the irony of who made this objection to it.

It is Mark Foley, Really, it was Mark Foley.
    No kiddin'. Pot, meet Kettle.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I went to sleep last night knowing that the current regime has all of the problems of airline travel under control.

Jee-zus, that was the worst night of sleep I have had in a while.

o.k....

It's not right to say the prez lies, but some of us can agree that pointing out his not having a "negro dialect" doens't provoke the same kind of ire?

LOLOLOL,

Child please!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    o.k....

It's not right to say the prez lies, but some of us can agree that pointing out his not having a "negro dialect" doens't provoke the same kind of ire?

LOLOLOL,

Child please!

I can't believe how this remark by Reid has been blown way out of proportion
    by the media.

It wasn't racist to begin with, but anything to complain about, some will
    take & run with it. Morons.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

I can't believe how this remark by Reid has been blown way out of proportion
    by the media.

It wasn't racist to begin with, but anything to complain about, some will
    take & run with it. Morons.
    I am living on another effing planet.

That was a effing racist statement.

Just like people that tell me that I speak 'good English' because after they hear me speak Spanish they are stunned that I do not have an accent.

Child Please.

Reid is an old tyme racist and that's all there is to it.

If I said something like "white people are white because they live in the snow and don't get sun" would that get me a pass?

If that is the case, BO, NP and all their ilk are liars, cheats and effups to the nth degree.

Let's see congress censure my sorry arse.

I am watching Mark Mcgwire come clean about his steroid use.

At the moment, I believe him far more than any politician.

P.S.

MM just stated that Howard Waxman knew about his steroid use before the testimony at the senate hearings.

Lovely.

I am living on another effing planet.

That was a effing racist statement.

Just like people that tell me that I speak 'good English' because after they hear me speak Spanish they are stunned that I do not have an accent.

Child Please.

Reid is an old tyme racist and that's all there is to it.

If I said something like "white people are white because they live in the snow and don't get sun" would that get me a pass?

If that is the case, BO, NP and all their ilk are liars, cheats and effups to the nth degree.

If Harry Reid is quilty of anything, it's being an old white geezer using
    a old white geezer dialect.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

If Harry Reid is quilty of anything, it's being an old white geezer using
    a old white geezer dialect.
    LOLOLOLOL,
    Love you!

Before anything happens I would like to apologize to everyone who may have taken offense to what I said in the previous post.
    You women out there will recognize the story.
    You aren’t as strong as men, you are moody, cry at the drop of a hat, you want to stop for directions all the time…..
    Reverse that. Now make yourself a woman construction worker working with mostly men?

I worked for YEARS with women who were ‘anti-man’…Imagine taking a position at work and having women walk up to you and say a male doctor ‘prefers to work/deal with women’ because now, he can’t bulldoze a gal, then bring her to tears because they didn’t make out a schedule that favors him.

I have been threatened, pushed around and humiliated because I was male……and that does not cover the idiots who would walk up to me and start telling ‘mexican’ jokes because they heard a knee slapper.

I love a great Mexican joke, but do not bring it by looking over your shoulder and whispering it to me because you are afraid of looking like you are racist.
    I am 100% prejudiced against stupid people who think that racism, prejudice and hate are all hunky dory (Sorry David Bowie!) because we have a Mexican Supreme Court Justice, a Black president and a white moron named Harry Reid who blurt s out a racist comment while in the midst of a spasm of Alzheimer’s/senility.

Give him a pass because he’s a Democrat, but keep his statement close to the vest.
    Say stupid things, apologize for them …..your mind was taken over by a space alien that made you do it.

No space alien makes me talk.
    But, I can admit to being stupid and flawed. Yelling out that someone “Lies” is not as terrible as accusing someone of using “street jive”.

LOLOLOLOL,
    Barbara Billingsley was fantastic speaking to the brothers in the movie AIRPLANE and no one called the old white woman on the carpet for making fun of the way black people talk.
    I forgot, she was make believe, Harry Reid is a real life mofo, that votes on laws for the people elected him!

Ai! Dios de mi alma!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 01-11-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Oh yeah, Reid's statement was racist alright. It matters not his party affiliation. Racists come in all parties and they're running their mouths w/abandon. If any one of us here had made that statement, we would've been called on the carpet immediately and rightly so. We need to remove our ear plugs and actually HEAR what these politicians say. And I don't make that charge of racism lightly. It's a serious thing to say about someone.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Gotta tell this story, again!

I went to a 'sensitivity meeting' for work and took my customary spot at the back of the room.

The woman who chaired the meeting asked the question, "Who isn't prejudiced in this room?" the three women who sat in the front row had no hesitation raising their hands and proclaiming that there were not.

Two seconds later I spoke up and said that I "loved racism".

I watched spines stiffen and they turned around in time to hear me say, "I love sit at home on Sunday's and watch the cars go round the track!"

One person's perception is another's motorsport?

True that there are racists on both sides. The difference is in how they are treated.

Reids statement is from last year and it was swept under the rug until now. If any GOP representative had made that statement, well..... I think we all know the media and DEM carpstorm that would have erupted.

Gotta tell this story, again!...

One person's perception is another's motorsport?
    Thanks for brining the funnay!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.