Thread: Politics and religion.

I liked the article on Pelosi. Thanks. I understand where she is coming
    from. Her statement saying .....

"Our country is great because people can say what they think and they believe," she added. "But I also think that they have to take responsibility for any incitement that they may cause."

Heaven forbid someone get a wild hair & attempt to assassinate the
    President because they though they were saving this country somehow.
    Just see how fast these loons back away from responsibilty for actions
    they cause with their hate speeches. Talk about a rebellion.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Heaven forbid someone get a wild hair & attempt to assassinate thePresident because they though they were saving this country somehow.
    I agree with this 1,000,000 percent. ANY kind of violent action against the government would bring about the worst kind of tryanny you can imagine. If some crazy fool did something, they would get exactly what they don't want.

Please dear God I pray... Please do not let it come to violence.

Just see how fast these loons back away from responsibilty for actions they cause with their hate speeches. Talk about a rebellion.
    Can you please clarify who the "loons" are? Some of the people at large or the talking heads?

Hate speeches? Can you be a little more specific? HATE is a pretty powerful word. I have not heard any "mainstream" pundit on any side call for HATEful action.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    I agree with this 1,000,000 percent. ANY kind of violent action against the government would bring about the worst kind of tryanny you can imagine. If some crazy fool did something, they would get exactly what they don't want.

Please dear God I pray... Please do not let it come to violence.

Can you please clarify who the "loons" are? Some of the people at large or the talking heads?

Hate speeches? Can you be a little more specific? HATE is a pretty powerful word. I have not heard any "mainstream" pundit on any side call for HATEful action.
    May I mention 3 names - Bill O'Reilly, Scott Roeder, George Tiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    OK. I am sorry, but can you possibly help me and quote something specific? I do not listen to or read any of these people. I fear a Google will turn up way to much to sift through... So if you have something specific handy, I would appreciate it.

ETA... My bad... I see where you are going here. Reading now.

Thanks!

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

OK... I am no fan of Bill O'Rilley. Never watch his show or read anything he writes. I consider him the equivilant of a TV evangilist.

That said, I think it is a bit of a stretch to link him to Tiller's murder. Scott Roeder was ALREADY crazy. 99% of those fools in the "militas" are NUTS already. If I go and say "I think abortion is wrong" and a crazy person hears it, snaps and kills a person.... Am I culpable?

You might have something to add as I am, obviously, not very familiar with the case. But I don't know if you can blame O'Rilley here. Roeder already was a nut job.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I liked the article on Pelosi. Thanks. I understand where she is coming
    from. Her statement saying .....

"Our country is great because people can say what they think and they believe," she added. "But I also think that they have to take responsibility for any incitement that they may cause."

Heaven forbid someone get a wild hair & attempt to assassinate the
    President because they though they were saving this country somehow.
    Just see how fast these loons back away from responsibilty for actions
    they cause with their hate speeches. Talk about a rebellion.
    So, she's asking every one to be kinder, gentle when we talk about the prez, yet she had nothing to say about people throwing shoes, Bush hater comments and sites like the huffington post?

I seem to remember the stink about Tony Snow's revelation of cancer and the moron who posted about him dying a painful death because he was the press sect for GWB?

She really should get a grip on reality because she really has no grasp of the concept.

----------------------------------

The building I worked in had a gift shop and the woman who ran it-it was a volunteer operation and non profit to boot-ran the place with these delusions that it was HER private business. She was a tool and treated the women, mostly retirees, with very little respect or dignity.

NP reminds me of that woman.

Her 'shop' does not belong to her, the bullying and talk really has no bearing on the BIG picture and she is just a figure head in her position.

She has shown that she is a puffoon and her equation of a 'workplace murder' that happened 30 years ago to signs and placards shown at a march is a stretch under any circumstances.

She must be either delusional, stupid, delusional and stupid, a moron or on the verge of stupidity, clearly show by her inability to own up to her own spoken words.

Again,
    She told us that the CIA lies to Congress, when called on the carpet to explain how she came to that conclusion she acts like my dad did during the onslaught of his Alzheimer's.

My dad would never talk ill of the government anyway.

-----------------------------

She's clearly an embarassment to either side of the aisle and can't seem to quite her facts straight about the murders of Milk and Moscone.

It had nothing to do with gay rights or 'rhetoric'- It was some poor jackass who lost his job and went on a killing spree. I am sure if Dan White had paraded in front of his old job with a anti whatever sign, the connection might have some valor.

She can talk all about people being responsible for their words and actions.
    Until she shows me that? She's just another dottering, foolish woman who is on the down hill side of skiing Bandini Mountain.

-----------------------------------

Bandini was a company that made fertilizer. They had an actor dressed up in winter clothes and skis try to make it down the side of a mountain made of poop-It was a great commercial and people still use the line, Skiing Bandini Mountain to this day.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Ads+ca...+...-a08908510

No man has greater love for his job than Ball. He once skied down a man-made mountain of Bandini fertilizer for a commercial when the actor assigned to the task balked. "I had to join the Screen Actors Guild and I still get minor residuals," he comments.

Keep your mouth and eyes closed, Nancy.

It's a long way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    OK... I am no fan of Bill O'Rilley. Never watch his show or read anything he writes. I consider him the equivilant of a TV evangilist.

That said, I think it is a bit of a stretch to link him to Tiller's murder. Scott Roeder was ALREADY crazy. 99% of those fools in the "militas" are NUTS already. If I go and say "I think abortion is wrong" and a crazy person hears it, snaps and kills a person.... Am I culpable?

You might have something to add as I am, obviously, not very familiar with the case. But I don't know if you can blame O'Rilley here. Roeder already was a nut job.
    I'm no O'Reilly fan either. But he spewed hatred toward Dr. Tiller incessantly. Roeder may have been a lunatic on his own, and may not have listened to B.O. But we will never know for certain - will we?

You asked - Can you please clarify who the "loons" are? Some of the people at large or the talking heads?

I was answering your question. O'Reilly hated Dr. Tiller - at least that's the way it appeared to me. But he has his First Amendment rights - just like the rest of.

Google Bill O'Reilly Dr. Tiller. There will be many examples, going back years.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Don't forget Hannity and Glen Beck. Very frightening!

She really should get a grip on reality because she really has no grasp of the concept
    This should not be said by someone who insisted the US was not involved in the Bay of Pigs. Or that Joe McCarthy was a guy who did some "stuff" with good cause.

And what does funnay mean? Is this just a misspelling of funny or what? And why would you make a word longer?

Glenn
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Don't forget Hannity and Glen Beck. Very frightening!
    Glen Beck is truly frightening. When I was in Nursing School, back in the dark ages, my psych training was in one of those huge state hospitals. The kind where electric and insulin shock therapies were daily events. Glen Beck reminds me of the paranoid schizophrenic patients I saw. This was before Lithium and Prozac.

I often wonder if this is just a persona he puts on for TV? Maybe he's fine at home? I would hope so, for the sake of his wife and children/

Glenn Beck is truly frightening.
    Free speech is truely a frightening thing.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

12. Just took a look at the TIME magazine that arrived today. Cover story - "Mad Man - Glenn Beck and the angry style of American politics"....should be an interesting...if terrifying...read!

Reminds me of a Supreme Court decision - about free speech - is not shouting "fire" in a crowded theater.

Follow the money, Beck left CNN for Fox. CNN, and Time Warner are butthurt over Glenn Beck's success.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Free speech is truely a frightening thing.
    truly

truly
    So you got a job working for BHO?
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.