Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heaven's a lot brighter now... McMurphy (2/24/2008)

Heaven's a lot brighter now... McMurphy (2/24/2008)

McMurphy passed away in the middle of the night, Feb 24th, 2008.

Oz woke me up to let me know there was a problem with MooBoo and I got there just in time to say Goodbye to him. Oz was there next to us in the last moments, nudging his best buddy in concern.

Gulliver stayed sleeping on the bed, until MooBoo took his last breath. At that exact moment though, he came to the edge of the bed and started barking in our direction. Knowing the Murph Dog's sense of humor towards Gull, I can only imagine what his parting shot was to Gull as he headed on up to Heaven.

I doubt I'll ever be blessed to have another dog, that loved life as much as Murpher. His tail was always in motion, bringing sunshine into our house everyday. I've no doubt, he spent an exorbitant amount of time laughing to himself, as he turned his quirky sense of humor towards me, Maddie, Oz and Gull.

After Maddie went blind, he'd do lil' things to rile her up, like wave his rear end in her face. Then when she'd get mad enough to go after him, with intent to yank out some of his Cairny hair, he'd hide behind a bush from her, with his tail wagging a mile a minute and big ole' grin on his face.

If I put down 3 toys for each dog, it wouldn't take long before he'd claim all 3 for himself. Apparently 2 Collies frantically barking at him, that "They were telling Mom", held no weight with him.

I always kept a towel down next to the bed, for the Collies to use to jump down off the bed, so that they wouldn't slide around on the wood floor. Mooie had a nice cushy bed, but invariably, he'd park himself down on that towel, preventing the Collies from getting off the bed. He again, would turn a deaf ear to their barking and whining for him to move, so they could get down. All the while, a twinkle in his eye and grin on his face.

If I called him for bedtime, he could be right outside the bedroom door, but he'd make a huge, unnecessary circle around the whole house, with me following close behind, hollerin' "MooBoo, I'm not gonna chase you around this house", before he'd make it back around to his original starting point and enter the bedroom. This same scenario occured outside too. I'm sure the neighbors got quite a chuckle at hearing me say everyday, "MooBoo, I'm not gonna chase you around this backyard".

When I called him to come inside the house, he wouldn't come in until I opened and closed the door 3 times. I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind that one.

If I asked him to Come, he Stayed. If I asked him to Stay, he Came. If I asked him to Sit, he remained Standing. If I asked him to catch a frisbee, he ducked. If I asked him to weave through some poles, he ran beside'em. He had a set of rules in his head, that were uniquely his and I'm gonna miss those things most about him.

A couple of weeks before he died, I put out a Flamingo stuffie that was fairly big. Murpher had slowed down a bunch at this age, but when Gull came whizzing by him with the toy, Mooie launched himself at Gull with all he had and managed to grab hold of an end as it flew past him. Gull kept running... MooBoo kept holding... being drug, sliding across the floor. When it was all said and done though, MooBoo had possession of the toy. I wish I'd gotten that on video. But I was able to put together a lil' tribute of what I did have as far as video and pictures. Hopefully, I captured what life was like living with the Murph Dog. I know for sure, Heaven got a whole lot brighter.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ooTribute2.flv

Love you, MooBoo... I hope you remembered to wait to pee on the Pearly Gates, after God let you in.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

What a wonderful tribute to your MooBoo. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. You were blessed to have him at home, where he was happy. Just look at that smile in the signature. The RB sure is getting a lot fuller I know you'll miss him dearly. It's all the little things they do that we miss the most. I'll have to watch your video at home as the work computer won't let me. Play long and hard at the RB, McMurphy and don't forget your family. Peek in once in a while to let them know you're still with them. You will be deeply missed and never forgotten.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

What a character he seemed to have been. To say he kept life interesting is an understatement. I am glad you were with him at the end and he was surrounded by love and comfort.

Please accept my sincere condolences for you loss. I am sure you are right Heaven had to have gotten brighter and a lot more interesting too since your boy got there.

Rest Easy McMurphy. You are greatly missed and loved. Be you mommy's guardian angel and check in on your siblings from time to time to incase they need your silly antics ok.

(((HUGS)))
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I am so sorry for your loss, Les. McMurphy was a very special boy, and I think he is going to find ways to continue to make you smile and let you know that he is still not far from you. Have fun at the bridge, Murph, you will be sorely missed.

I am so sorry to hear about this. What a wonderful tribute to your MooBoo. Rest easy McMurphy, play free at the bridge.

Robin

Oh no not another PT pup . Rest easy little scruffer man, you will be sadly missed but remembered always.

What a wonderful tribute, Les.

I am so sorry for your loss and you have my deepest sympathies. I am so grateful that you shared your wonderful MooBoo with us. What a character! Thank you so much for sharing him with us and for allowing us to be a part of this lovely tribute.

Have fun playing at the bridge with your sister, Murph!

Rest In Peace, McMurphy. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    Oh no not another PT pup .
    My first thought also.

Par, The picture in your siggy... I remember when you first posted it (before it was your siggy) you wanted us to see what you look at while trying to take a bath!

Oh here comes the tears again.... you were in deed blessed to have him in your life, he sure made sure you life was not dull!
    I was laughing through the tears reading your post about the silly ways he kept the collies in line!

Rest easy now McMurphy, I'm sure you'll keep all the RB PT pets on their toes up there!
    You will be missed.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Major LES going on here. The video was an awesome tribute to Murph. I remember Maddie too and can just imagine their reunion. Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your little friend. If I did the math correctly he was 18. What a wonderful long happy life he had.

Cool God just got Another One!

Farewell, McMurphy ~ your antics will be long remembered and never forgotten.

Sure hope God can handle another one - You and my Bowser will make a good Pair to
    drive Him **crazy** with the "reverse commands" - "Come" and you guys GO;
    "Sit" and you both STAND; 3 Door Slams before it starts to sink in ... "Wonder if that's for ME?"

Fond, very Fond, memories ... You're going to be *missed*, McMurphy!

Hang on, God - Bowser and McMurph will surely *grow* on Ya!

What an absolutely wonderful tribute to McMurphy. I wish I would have thought to have taken more videos of Snoopy especially doing his tricks. McMurphy was obviously a one of all time great dog and we all will miss him. Having just lost Snoopy, my heart goes out to you and all my tears are shed for both our special boys and Ashley's Shadow.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Wow....this was wonderful. I loved that you remembers all his little quirks and even though I was teary eyed and sadden by his passing for you I also had a few little smiles as I pictured his funny little antics in my mind. What a wonderful personality he had, comical! I am sure he will be greatly missed and my heart goes out to you. I am truly sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Such a loving memorial for McMurphy, both the written word and the video. You certainly were blessed to have McMurphy in your life! I suspect he is one of a kind, he hee. Can't help but smile reading of all his antics, adventures and successes in stealing ALL the toys!

Keep them all on their toes while you are waiting for all your humans at the bridge, McMurphy!

RIP Murphy

I'm sure going to miss those pictures and videos you were so great at getting.

I've done my crying the last few days, so today...I will watch your video again and smile. Smile at what a great dog God has met

(((HUGS)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm not very familiar with with McMurphy. But that video really let me know how he was. I was giggling and smiling through tears.
    He was a lucky dog to live so many wonderful years with you.
    RIP McMurphy - I am sure you welcomed the other PT dogs that recently joined you at the bridge. You can show them the ropes.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)