Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hannah tries rice cereal for the first time today ***updated with pics and video

Oh how cute!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

ahh what a doll! I love the little baby shivers that she does Austin has NEVER liked any kind of cereal He's 9 months now and still doesn't like to take anything off of a spoon. Tyler on the other hand LOVED any sort of baby food as long as we used the rice cereal or oatmeal cereal to thicken it up to about the texture of mashed potatoes.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Aw, poor Hannah. Come to my house baby girlie, and I will make you whatever you like. Can't watch the videos at work, but I will check them out tonight.

The video and pics are adorable, by the way. I forgot to mention that last night.

Thanks everyone....

You know how BAD the rice cereal is? Even the dogs won't go near it LOL

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    Thanks everyone....

You know how BAD the rice cereal is? Even the dogs won't go near it LOL
    One night when I was feeding Katherine, Mary Joyce was begging for the baby's cereal until I gave her a bite. Our 2 year old doesn't like it any more than your dogs do.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife
    One night when I was feeding Katherine, Mary Joyce was begging for the baby's cereal until I gave her a bite. Our 2 year old doesn't like it any more than your dogs do.
    LOl that's so cute haha.

I added a touch of applesauce to her cereal and she seemed to like it much more. She has even already figured out that when the spoon comes to her mouth she has to open up

Sam does not seem to like rice cereal but is ok with oat cereal - mixed with apples just as you did.

Everything I've tried gets the worst looks but if she sees mail/newspaper/remotes anything like that on the floor they are in her mouth faster than I thought she could move. If rice cereal tastes like paper shouldn't she like it? I don't understand babies! Perhaps if I spread her food on the floor and act like she should not eat it she will happily eat it all.

I love to see the shudders she does. Can't mistake what she means.
    I used to put a tiny bit of pure honey in the mix & my kids both loved it.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What funny pics and videos. Like everyone else stated, the shudders are so funny

I tried Quinn on cereal when she was about 6 months old and she hated it, every type of baby cereal she hated. I always mixed it with breast milk and I tried fancying it up with fruit and she was never interested. I just waited until she was about 7 months old and just started her on baby foods slowly, and she was fine with baby foods, just not cereal.

Now I will make oatmeal from Quaker rolled oats and put walnuts, a little soymilk, vanilla extract, raisins, cinnamon, and a cut up apple and add just a little brown sugar and she LOOOVES that stuff! So it's not all cereal she hates, she just hates the baby cereal

LOL Thanks everyone. yeah my little girl is NOT subtle hahaha.

She seems to be doing better now that I am adding in just a touch of applesauce though. She's even opening her mouth when the spoon comes to her.

She's not eating much but at least she is getting used to the process for when we do start fruits and veggies

I still make that face if someone tries to feed me lima beans. She's a cutie!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Both Justin and I have been bit by the baby bug, we both want another one so badly. Seeing cute little Hannah isn't helping either, she's making me want another even more.

Nathan never liked rice cereal either, he liked oatmeal better, but still wasn't a huge fan. Now applesauce is his absolute favorite food, I often mix it in with other foods. Before long you can add some spices to Hannah's food, Nathan loves cinnamon! I love wholesomebabyfood.com, it has helped me out a lot with feeding Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim
    Austin has NEVER liked any kind of cereal He's 9 months now and still doesn't like to take anything off of a spoon.
    Missy, Nathan went through a phase when he wouldn't eat from a spoon too. I ended up feeding him with a medicine dropper like this for about a month, then he started eating from a spoon again.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla