Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent: Great Dane Needs A Home By Noon Today!!

I do agree, Mugsy.

My great dane cost me over $6,000 last year. (Emergency surgery for torsion and two cases of Hemorrhagic Gastro Enteritis).

Definitely not a cheap breed!!

I hope he is neutered soon. That scares me moreso than anything.

Me too...I've seen too often what happens to dogs who are given away free to people who can't afford them and they end up dead or at a shelter somewhere.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Ok, I'm just venting...he doesn't have the money to BUY a Dane, why would he have the money to take CARE of a Dane.
    I was going to say that too and decided not to but then I saw you post it.

HHDane is one of the best rescues, I love/hate looking at their site (hate because there are so many homeless danes).

I hope he's in a good home.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    I was going to say that too and decided not to but then I saw you post it.

HHDane is one of the best rescues, I love/hate looking at their site (hate because there are so many homeless danes).

I hope he's in a good home.
    I do too, but, it upsets me that there were rescues out there that would have taken him and he would have gone to a screened home with Dane experience...especially with his food aggression issues. If this kid doesn't know what he's doing, he'll end up bitten and the dog ends up dead.

I hope he's in a good home as well, but, a 17 year old doesn't strike me as someone qualified to be a first time dog owner with a Dane.

Again, I'm just venting...I just generally hate people, so my opinion doesn't really count.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I spoked with Heidi on Yahoo Messenger on Sunday. She expressed to me that she wasn't too happy about the home either, but atleast he's not stuck in a shelter somewhere or dead. I agree.

Heidi had no choice as to where he went, it was the owner's choice, however I do recall her saying the previous owner was very adament about him being returned if it does not work out.

Also, who's to say he isn't neutered? His "things" look awfully small for an intact Dane... it could just be extra skin? If he is intact... sorry for calling your things small, Mr. Whopper!

I do too, but, it upsets me that there were rescues out there that would have taken him and he would have gone to a screened home with Dane experience...especially with his food aggression issues. If this kid doesn't know what he's doing, he'll end up bitten and the dog ends up dead.

I hope he's in a good home as well, but, a 17 year old doesn't strike me as someone qualified to be a first time dog owner with a Dane.

Again, I'm just venting...I just generally hate people, so my opinion doesn't really count.
    Exactly. I wish she let him go to HHD or at least let them screen the home.

I do dis agree kind of with the 17 yr old comment. I'm the same age (although pretty much 18) and I think I would be capeable of taking on a Dane. Then again I know alot about dogs and the breed (not saying this kid doesn't).

I generally hate people too
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    I spoked with Heidi on Yahoo Messenger on Sunday. She expressed to me that she wasn't too happy about the home either, but atleast he's not stuck in a shelter somewhere or dead. I agree.

Heidi had no choice as to where he went, it was the owner's choice, however I do recall her saying the previous owner was very adament about him being returned if it does not work out.

Also, who's to say he isn't neutered? His "things" look awfully small for an intact Dane... it could just be extra skin? If he is intact... sorry for calling your things small, Mr. Whopper!
    I wanted to speak my piece about the whole situation. I do agree with you all about it not being the best home for him. I had no control over that whatsoever. At the start of it all she was going to take him to a pound saying he was aggressive and he would have ended up dead for sure. She gave me the oppurtunity to find a home for him, but only given me a few hours to do it. I did everything in my power to find this poor guy a home, short of taking him myself. Since I have four inside dogs at it is, it would be putting my dogs in harms way and that is not something I was wanting to do. I even took it upon myself to try and find a place to board him until I found him a home. I was indeed happy that I connected her with the rescue and she made a time and place to meet them. I thought that was the best thing, because he would get the help he needed and get a home with experienced daneowners. Then when I followed up with her on how everything went, that was the email that I had received. I truly hope she means it when she told me over and over "I told them if he is to much for you, let me know I will find him another home"

As far as him being intact, to my understanding that was a picture of him before he was rescued out, he is NOT intact to my knowledge. I hope I have cleared up a few things. At this point I can only hope and pray things will work out for Whopper.