Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent: Great Dane Needs A Home By Noon Today!!

Urgent: Great Dane Needs A Home By Noon Today!!

Hey everyone this is Heidi. One of my friends welcomed a wonderful fawn male dane into her family a few months ago. He came from a shelter and has a bit of a food agression problem (hoarding food, growling a bit). Well she has kids and doesn't want to take the chance of him biting one of her kids if this problem gets out of hand. She is taking him to the pound at noon today. She called and asked me if I could find him a home. His name is Whopper and he is approx 2 years old. He is a fawn male dane. Can anyone help me out? I would take him myself, but I already have four and can handle another with my aggressive female.
    Here is a picture of him

She adopted him a few months ago and all of a sudden he needs a home in a few hours. Of course... why not.

Has she contacted rescues yet?
    Here's a rescue in Ohio

http://www.hhdane.com/
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

It's 2:30. Is it too late? I probably would have a rescue to take him...

I would have helped if the woman would have had him neutered.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsy
    I would have helped if the woman would have had him neutered.
    I agree - and food aggression is one of those behaviors that can be worked on very effectively given a little time IMHO. I wouldn't want anyone to put their children at risk, obviously, but had she contacted a rescue group before now, perhaps he could have been helped. Poor boy doesn't have much of a chance to get out of a shelter alive now.

So sad.

Any idea what happened to him?? I really know someone who would probably take him!

Wow... how sad. =,( Can she not keep him seperated from her kids, until she finds a rescue? He looks like a brindle Dane to me.

How do you know he isn't neutered, Mugsy? It seems like... if he came from a shelter... that would be expected.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Quote Originally Posted by bckrazy
    How do you know he isn't neutered, Mugsy? It seems like... if he came from a shelter... that would be expected.
    I thought that as well.. but if you look at the picture she posted of him, I think you can see testies.

Molly, I pm'd the person that started the thread yesterday but I've still not heard back from her.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9

Molly, I pm'd the person that started the thread yesterday but I've still not heard back from her.

Is this the woman who came to the PT picnic at the dog park? She
    brought her own Danes to the park.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You can see the evidence for not being neutered!

I wish she would tell us something because my friend in MN is REALLY interested in this boy. I just hope it's not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Is this the woman who came to the PT picnic at the dog park? She
    brought her own Danes to the park.
    Yep Liz, that's her.

I hope he's found a good place to go.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Patty came in and saw the Dane and said if anyone answers me about the dog she will take him if he's still there.

If no one has taken this poor dog in, please have your friend contact Dale Bath at Harlequin Haven Great Dane Rescue.

Phone: 937-379-2231

Email: [email protected]

I apologize...

I do apologize everyone from the bottom of my heart that I left you all hanging. I have no excuse. I checked the post till noon that day, no posts, and failed to follow up. Harliquen Haven was contacted and they were scheduling a pick up when they found someone that welcomed him into their home. Here is the post that Amber sent me. THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND CONCERNS!!!

Hello Heidi

I did find a home for Mr. Whopper late last night he is going to an 17 yr old kid that lives with his mother which is a nurse. They live out in the country and this boy has been looking at great danes for a long time just did not have the money to get one so whopper was a wonderful gifdt to him. The way they bonded was amazing when they first met. I think he will have a WONDERFUL home and will be loved. At least now I can check up on him to see how he is doing. I gave them as much information as I knew when it came to danes considering I was learning lots myself. They have no little children around and they promised me that if he was to much to handle they would call me first. I want to thank you and the group for caring so much in regards to getting him a home. I am sad that he did not work out for us but I felt my children were in danger. He will make a wonderful pet for someone with no kids and no other animals. His personality is very strong and he wants all the love and attention. Once again thank you and the group.

He is now over by Tiffin!

Amber

Great News!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy

I hope to God everything works out...I hope there was a neuter contract or something and I hope this kid has the means to support a Dane and the special health and food needs of a Dane.

Ok, I'm just venting...he doesn't have the money to BUY a Dane, why would he have the money to take CARE of a Dane. I rant like this all the time, so just ignore me....