Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Puddy Orphaned Cat - Can you Help???

True

Well~ Looks like I started a landslide ~ Lol ~~
    I agree with Cataholic {an Attorney Huh} and Cizcat ~ But, In my case and Puddys ~ I am not going to drag Irene to an Attorney or ask for money to keep Puddy ~This is not my place~ BUT! I'm am going to ask Irene if she has talked to the Attorney about Puddy, and ask again if need be ~ and I will keep In touch with Irene in the years to come. She knows who was there for Freddy and Puddy and who was not ~ I am only a rescue person in this picture. I do not own Puddy.
    But this Issue is very Important ~ If not for Irene, Freddy & Puddy would have been put to sleep ~ Rays {Freddy&Puddys owner} death bed wish to Irene, was NOT on paper. I myself do not have a written "will" provision {only a letter} for my fur kids ~ but will by next week. Thanks guys

this was perhaps the wrong forum to post to. i thought since we were talking about wills and cats, it might be a good idea to remind readers that a will doesn't automatically mean success.

one other idea i might mention--

as a further caution, i have binder-clipped to my driver license the following message:

i have animals waiting for me at home. in the event i will not be back with them today, please call:
    (names and phone numbers of three friends who know what my plan is in case i die or am incapacitated and leave animals waiting for me)

each of my pet friends gets one of these cards every Christmas.

the best we can hope for is that an ethical, responsible person finds this notice and acts on it, if and when the time comes.

cat ^..^
    Last edited by czicat; 09-19-2002 at 09:33 PM.
    A kitten is to the animal world what a rosebud is in the garden
    ~Robert Southey

Welcome home Eric. It is good to know that Puddy has a good home with Irene and that you are watching out for them. As to wills and so on, it certainly is good to mention your furry ones in your will and to attempt to be certain that someone will steop in to care for them.

It is also interesting to note that in some communities if a person is incapacitated and the animal shelter is aware, the shelter will pick up and babysit the animal until the human bean is home from the hospital, nursing home or whatever. I found this out in my community quite by accident. Something worth checking out where you all live.

The note attached to driver's license is an excellent idea. We have a friend who always knows when we go away and we check in when we get back home. If we did not check in as scheduled, this individual would show up at our home to attend to the furbabies. :-)

Abbie

Originally posted by czicat
    as a further caution, i have binder-clipped to my driver license the following message:

i have animals waiting for me at home. in the event i will not be back with them today, please call:
    (names and phone numbers of three friends who know what my plan is in case i die or am incapacitated and leave animals waiting for me)

each of my pet friends gets one of these cards every Christmas.

the best we can hope for is that an ethical, responsible person finds this notice and acts on it, if and when the time comes.

cat ^..^
    This is a great idea and really hits home for me since I got Peanut when her first Mom (a good friend of mine) was killed by a drunk driver. Fortunately she had close family that knew Peanut was at home, waiting, so Peanut was immediately brought to one of my friend's sister's house until I picked her up. Since my parents and the rest of my family are in Wisconsin, I have a note near my license to contact them in the case of emergency, but putting another note there about the cats is a great idea. Thanks!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

911 ~ A forward from CZICAT

I have been very busy with my business & Rescue and just don't have the time to post ~ BUT this is an emergency that we need to respond ~~~ The sick person and this act ~~ MUST be dealt with ~~ Please support the efforts to stop this person ~~~ WE MUST RALLY !!!! Eric

PS Puddy is doing GREAT ~~

http://www.msnusers.com/ADOPTAPETASA...rathomeii.msnw