Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for married folks. ;)

Question for married folks. ;)

When did you know he/she was the one? How?

I'll post an update (which you can probably guess from the topic of this post) in a bit....I want to read some PT love stories!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I just knew in my heart that he was the one - there was no particular moment that it hit me. But just a couple months into dating him, a rival for my affections said, "Well, then, when you break up with him, will you go out with me?" and I said "I don't plan on breaking up with him!" And I haven't yet!
    I've Been Frosted

LOL this is kind of an interesting story...

When I met John at Dennys, his ex was taking him out that night as a sympathy dinner for breaking up with him . I struck up a conversation and the rest is history there but what was funny was what his ex said as I was leaving. He told me she said "Wow, it looks like you found your soulmate"

I was hooked when he told me that story...a few weeks after we started dating lol.

I'm divorced but, if I had my way, we'd still be married. I know, I know, you want a true love story but, without going into a long, boring story as to why we're divorced, let me just tell you how I knew he was the one. I was a single mom w/a 5 year old son, without much hope of finding someone to want me and my son and we were a package deal. On the second date, John took me shopping for toys for my son, never even having met him yet. On the third date, the three of us went out together. Later, we were sitting on the sofa watching TV w/my son between us and my son put his arm around John and his other arm around me and said "The three of us. Together." John said "Yep!" and that sealed it for me. I'm getting choked up just typing this. We were together for nearly 24 years before it ended but we're still good friends to this day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I actually met hubby when I was 9 and he was 11. We went to the same church. Many years went by and one day he appeared in church in his Air Force uniform. (He was on leave). I couldn't keep my eyes off him during the service. That week, out of the blue, he called me and asked me out. That was the beginning of it all.

I knew I was in love with him after just a few weeks of dating. I knew he was the one pretty much the same day I fell totally in love with him. We started dating at Thanksgiving and were talking marriage by Valentine's Day. That was 7 years ago, we're married 6 years, and I still feel the same way about him.

The way I look at it is this: No matter what goes on (life sure does have its share of trials, and it tests marriages pretty hard) at the end of the day, do you go to bed thinking you can't imagine life without him? Even when I'm furious with my husband, I still can't imagine not having him here with me. I realize I'm furious with the situation, not him, and it gets me by the hard stuff. I never dated anyone where I felt that way before. I always felt like they lacked something I needed, or they didn't understand me.

Soooo, my update....I'm engaged!

I'm in the Veterinary Technician program at my school, and after joining the program I became friends with one of my classmates. One evening, I bumped into her and her brother at a coffee shop near my house, and after that the three of us would go out to coffee so my classmate and I could study on a regular basis. I thought he was really fun and good-looking from the start, but I was with someone else and my classmate told me he wasn't looking for anyone, so I assumed he wouldn't be interested anyways.

Well, I finally finally finally ended the relationship that had gone sour months before,(YAY!) and started moving my stuff into my classmate's place. Her brother helpd me get my stuff moved,and one night while we were lounging around watching movies I realized I was totally smitten. Fortunately for me, the feeling was totally mutual.

I knew he was the one after just a few weeks, maybe sooner than that. We were talking about the future and what might be and he said "I see in you the best friend I could ever have", and something in that moment, the way he said it...I just knew. I've never known anything with such certainty in my life. I could go on a bit, but right now I'm too excited to sit still any longer...

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I am so very happy for you! I'm glad you got out of that other relationship. I hope your happiness makes up for all the bad times.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

That's wonderful news! When I see young couples on TV and they're looking for a new home or starting a family or whatever, I become somewhat envious. It appears that those days are over for me but they sure were sweet when I had them. Enjoy each minute to the max and, above all, enjoy each other. Best wishes to you both.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Yippee! Congrats! You totally deserve this happiness.

When I was 22, I decided it would be great to follow a dace-course, for singles. One day a guy kept stepping on my toes, so he asked if he could get me a drink. The rest is history..... . I knew immediately that he was the one! We got engaged after 3 months and married 6 months later . All this happened almost 29 years ago, and we still live happily together
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I have to say.. I'll share my story, but.. I know that in my heart, he is the one. I am 23 years old, Mike is 24 years old. Here goes:

Last October, Mike saw me on campus on the Oval (oncampus), I don't know what made him notice me; and when he did, he never forgot about me. What I looked like, especially. He told his roommate that he was walking with that he thought I was really cute. So, I didn't even hear anything about it until I returned back to OSU for the winter quarter, which was 3 months later. Mike is my best friend's boyfriend's roommate. So, I already had met my friend's boyfriend, and the roommate, Beau that was walking with Mike that day who saw me. Mike told Beau to look and Beau goes "Oh I know her, that is Michelle's friend!" but we didn't think of stopping and say hi to each other at the time.

So 3 months later, my best friend set up for us to meet, and we both didn't know, the first night, we didn't talk much, we were scared of each other. The next night, was the Monster Truck rally, which was our first "date" so Mike says. After that, the rest was history.

We are still together, a year and 3 months later. He's everything I wanted in that significant other, that sense of humor, personality, oh man, I love it the way he makes me laugh no matter what the situation is. He's a wonderful guy, eventhough there are times that I wanted to kill or strangle him for just the way he is, you know... men! I believe that he is one of a kind, and he's a keeper.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Well first of all...Congrats!!

I'm not married, but I might as well be. That's what he says. The other night at the bar we frequent the bartendar asked us if we were married and Bruce said - close enough.

So we met almost 5 years ago on match.com. I was a bit leary since he was way out of my age range (he is 13 years older). But as we talked and got to know each other age wasn't a factor AT ALL. On our first date I felt like I had known him forever. 3 weeks after we met we planned a vacation together. Less than one month after we met we said our "I love yous". 3 months after we met we went on our first cruise to the Caribbean. 5 months after we met I moved in with him.
    March 22nd will be our five year anniversary and yes, we are still not married. LOL It's just not the right time (financially) for us. But that's okay with me because I am happy!

So have you picked the date??
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Congrats!!

When I first met Andy at a Comic Convention my heart did a pitter patter. Problem was... I was dating someone!!

But the relationship went south a year later and a few months after that Andy asked me out. And then 4 years later we were married.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. I hope you live a very happy life togather.