Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for married folks. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    I actually met hubby when I was 9 and he was 11. We went to the same church. Many years went by and one day he appeared in church in his Air Force uniform. (He was on leave). I couldn't keep my eyes off him during the service. That week, out of the blue, he called me and asked me out. That was the beginning of it all.
    WOW!

Your story sounds exactly like our! We too met as children in church. Only I am 5 years older than him so I really didn't 'notice' him until he was older, although he told me he had a crush on me since he was 14.

His sister and I are good friends, she was divorced the same year I was so we started going out together (yes, looking for guys!! ) Then she became pregnant...... She asked Tim & I to be the babies Godparents (maybe she knew something before I did!!).

Tim was in the Navy for 7 years while I was in a bad marriage. I got out of the marriage, Tim got out of the Navy. We were at his sister's house one day for a birthday or something, we talked, 2 days later he called and asked me out.

We went out for dinner & a movie, that was Memorial day 1989 and that was the first day of our lives. We took a trip to San Diego for his birthday, July 4th, and by October we were engaged. We got married on February 17, 1990. Quick, I know but we didn't have to go through the meeting of the parents or the getting to know you stage because our families had been friends for many years.

He said he 'knew' when he was 14. Ok, so it took me a little longer, but I think I realized it in San Diego. So glad he waited for me!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I'm really loving reading all of your stories, and thanks for all the well-wishes!! I don't have a date yet, but you know I'll keep PT up to date!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

We met a mutual friend's birthday party. Hmmm...how much of the detail do y'all need to know? Stuart walked in to the party, I asked who the cutie was and my girlfriend told me to stay away from him, which pretty much guarenteed I was making a point of introducing myself. Let me add that this was about 8 at night and I had been drinking Tequila for about 8 hours by then! (Stuart still loves it when I go on a Tequila binge.) We spent the weekend together and didn't have any contact for the next 2 years. We had a powerful connection right from the start, but it scared us both so bad we ran the other way! It's a good thing too, in hindsight. We weren't ready for anything then. We would have messed it up and ended up hating each other if we had stayed together at that point.

Two years later--to the day, same girlfriend calls and says I should come meet her over where her boyfriend is working, about six blocks from the condo I had just bought in Calgary. I knew she was up to something, but it was Friday night and I had nothing better to do so I went over. Turned out her boyfriend was putting new flooring in Stuart's house. I never really left again.

We were married a year later, again to the day. Our 9th anniversary is this May.

Congratulations on your engagement!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Congratulations, that must be a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    When I first met Andy at a Comic Convention my heart did a pitter patter.
    That is practically made of win!

Niņo & Eliza

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I think I knew from the very moment I met Jason...

We went to ladies' spa night together *giggle* he was willing to even put on a dress. We watched the man show together, and he stayed till dorm hours were over.

We started dating a few weeks later, after I took him home with me for the weekend. Sounds strange, but he was a friend, and I had just started driving. It was going to be my first time driving home. 2 1/2 hour drive. A girl friend backed out at the last minute. I asked everyone I knew. He's the one that said yes.

My mother still refuses to believe we weren't dating at the time.
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Ohh, and congrats!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

FIRST OFF< CONGRATS!!!!

I have known my husband my whole life. My mother and his mother were best friends since they were kids(still are). My dad and his real dad were best friends since they were kids.

Rickie moved away when he was about 8, came back at 15... We have been together ever since. I have tons of childhood pictures of us together

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I'm loving these stories!

Congrats Cathy! How exciting!!

Yay! Congrats! I'm so happy for you

I met my husband threw, of all things, an online video game. The ironic thing is that my ex-hubby introduced me to the video game, as I didn't like video games at the time. Threw our online characters, we became good friends, and, as my marriage ultimately ended (for reasons not related to the video game at all), I started talking to my current hubby more and more on the computer. We became such close friends that we actually became best friends. We spoke on the phone on a regular basis. We fell in love but were too embarrassed and ashamed to admit to one another. He was, after all, in TX and I was in MI.

After being friends for over 2 years online, one day, upon hearing him tell me he was going on a blind date, I admitted my agony of him dating, and that I was totally in love with him. I knew that he sure seemed like the one as soon as I admitted to myself and him that I was in love. He told me he felt the same way, a couple months later he booked a flight to come meet me for the first time. Since I first started talking to him, he told me that the only way he'd ever fly on an airplane is if he were dead. He was petrified of airplanes, yet he knew he wanted to meet me bad enough to suck it up and face his fear.

We knew before we even met face-to-face that we were meant for each other. It was obviously fate, as neither of us played the game to actually 'meet' people. Just a couple months after meeting and spending a week together, I moved to TX (houses and cost of living MUCH cheaper). 4 months after arriving in TX, we were married. It's been 2.5 years and the best years of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    That is practically made of win!
    Ha! Thanks. Should I have mentioned he was wearing a Boba Fett costume and it was when he took off the helmet that my heart pitter pattered?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congrats Cathy!!!! I hope that everything works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    Ha! Thanks. Should I have mentioned he was wearing a Boba Fett costume and it was when he took off the helmet that my heart pitter pattered?
    Seriously. That's just cute! I have to say that's the similar feeling I got when I met Mike. When he said hello, I guess you can say, "he had me at hello"..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Congratulations that is wonderful

My hubby and I actually met online originally... and I really had that feeling before I even met him. We talked for a long time online and on the phone and I just felt such a bond with him. We finally decided to meet in person and the second I saw him that was it. We were married a year later.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

My dh and I met at a church Christmas party, and we were friends for over a year before we ever started dating. He asked me out for the first time at a Super Bowl party the next year, and the rest is history. Sometime between our first and second dates, we both knew where things were headed. We married the following August.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife
    My dh and I met at a church Christmas party, and we were friends for over a year before we ever started dating. He asked me out for the first time at a Super Bowl party the next year, and the rest is history. Sometime between our first and second dates, we both knew where things were headed. We married the following August.

Cool... August what?

Ours is August 22nd lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com