Thread: I broke down and got it!

I broke down and got it!

I have been looking at this KNOWING this was something Giz would love since she loves brushing so much and likes to take the brush and do her own face... Today I went ahead and got it for her and I didn't even have it put together before she was after it. This little video was shot hours after I brought it home. I didn't get her immdeiate reaction because I couldn't take my eyes off of her or I would have missed something. Nobody had to show her what to do, she knew all by herself.

Amy had to come check it out, Giz was not happy, she did not want to share! Amy would not run away from her and they seem to start a swatting match. You can see Amy is acting so much frisker now. Just before this she was attacking my shoes and having a ball. That Cosequin has done the trick and she shows how much better she feels in how playful she has become. Could be me but I don't think she is as stiff and ridgid as she was although she isn't Limber Lulu, she is moving with more ease than before. Anyway, here she is at Giz's do it yourselfer groomer.

Here is a sunset I got on the river just a few nights before we got off and it is not that far from where I live. I thought it was awesome and I had to get some pictures of it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aw, those vids are wonderful, and I completely understand what you mean about not wanting to blink and miss some of the fun!

Isn't it wonderful when they actually like the TOY you bought, as opposed to the box it came in?

I have one similar. I put it away now and then and, when I bring it back out, I rub some catnip over it. Takes days for them to get bored!

The sunset really is lovely, thanks for sharing all these lovely things with us!

Oh! Before anyone asks.. Boo is still doing great! She is playing a lot today and shared the bed with Samantha again last night. Yesterday when I got home and she realized I was here, she wanted ALL my attention and claimed my lap refusing to give it up for more than a few minutes at a time. Her fur is so full of knots and I have tried to get her interested in that thing I got Giz and she will have no part of it... She HATES grooming of any kind... Any suggestions?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh yes, I forgot:

WELCOME BACK!!

I have 2 suggestions:
    1. work on desensitizing her. Use catnip, tuna, BOTH, other things. Sit with her and the treat next to you and the brush. Give 2 brush strokes, give her a treat, and let her go. Start with twice per day, maybe add a third time OR a third stroke with the brush, see how it goes.

2. find a groomer who is licensed to work on cats. I had to take my Vita to a groomer once, she just got so matted it was beyond my abilities. I didn't have her bathe or anything, just asked them to shave out the mats. We were in and out in 15 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies
    Oh! Before anyone asks.. Boo is still doing great! She is playing a lot today and shared the bed with Samantha again last night. Yesterday when I got home and she realized I was here, she wanted ALL my attention and claimed my lap refusing to give it up for more than a few minutes at a time. Her fur is so full of knots and I have tried to get her interested in that thing I got Giz and she will have no part of it... She HATES grooming of any kind... Any suggestions?
    Try a skin/coat supplement (Smudge loves the 3V Caps I put in his food because it's mostly fish oil) to minimize the tangling - you'll be surprised at the difference it makes. If they share food bowls, just puncture the capsule with a pushpin and let her lick the "liquid treat" from your fingers. Also, keep a nice sharp pair of scissors handy to your lap-sitting place, and gently snip out just one knot at a time when she's all relaxed and comfy - the sudden absence of the uncomfortable pulling is a nice surprise.

Love, Columbine (whose sweet little Smudge's face is just now healing up, but boy, is his fur healthy everywhere else!)

That looks so cool! I'm glad she loves it as much as you thought she would.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Thank You, Michelle!!!

Yes, my furkids love theirs. They even sleep on it during the day. I don't know what it is that they like so much but I'm glad they do.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

WELCOME BACK AUNT LAURA.
    WE HAD A BIT OF AN EMERGENCY WITH JOSEOH WHO HAD AN ABCESS UNDER HIS TEETH , BUT HES ALL BETTER NOW.
    AND HOPEFULLY WITH NO TEETH, HIS PROBLEMS WILL BE OVER AS HE WAS ALWAYS GOING IN FOR CLEANING.
    I WILL LOOK UP THOSE BRUSHES TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY ARE BUT I TOO HAVE THAT FEAR THAT THE CATS WILL IGNORE IT.

YOUR CATADIAN PALS.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

WOW Giz really likes that brush. Cute video and I'm happy to hear that Boo is still doing great.

I've seen those brush thingy's many times and wondered if my guys would like it, because a few of my boys enjoy being brushed. Now seeing how Giz is with it, I think I will break down and also buy one. Thanks Laura.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Welcome back, it's good to see you again!

I couldn't view the video in this browser, but will try another later.

I'm glad both Giz and Amy like the brushing arcade - I really should get one for Fister, I'm sure he'd enjoy it too.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.