Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eve needs healing thoughts please -Optimistic UPDATE

Eve needs healing thoughts please -Optimistic UPDATE

I had to take Eve to the Cat Hospital early this morning. She was very agitated and straining in her litterbox - completely abnormal for her as she is usually regular as clockwork. Instead of her normal pee pucks she could only manage little dribbles I was up all night soothing her and trying to keep her calm.

After physical examination and urine testing and abdominal xrays this morning, Dr. Sandy confirms there is no blockage or obstuction however, the xray evidenced the presence of stone(s) in her bladder - poor little girl. Blood results will be back early tomorrow am and Dr. Sandy will make a more informed decision about what and how her condition will be treated. He has kept her overnight and given her medication for the discomfort. He is extremely thorough and won't assume anything until he has reviewed all her test results. He is worried there may be some kidney related issues as there was blood in her urine .

Needless to say we miss our baby and home isn't right without her. Please send some positive thoughts her way - I know she'll feel your vibes
    Last edited by Bengalz; 04-03-2008 at 07:45 PM.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I hope that Eve will get treatment and be on the mend as soon as possible so she can be back home with you in a day or two.

Oh, poor Eve! We're all sending prayers of comfort and healing her way.
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Eve! I hope the blood was caused by the stones and nothing else. I am glad she is in such good hands, and is being kept comfy.

I hope the stones can be dissolved with ultrasound or something so she doesn't need surgery! Girl kitties have larger urethras, so hopefully that will make treatment and recovery better and quicker!

HUGS to you and your baby girl.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you so much. I know every positive thought will help our girl get thru this - she's a trooper and has stepped up to every challenge in her life.

Thank you Catty for reminding me that today's technology is amazing - I'll be sure to check every option available with Dr. Sandy
    Yours in Whiskers

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Poor Eve. I sure hope that it's nothing serious and that she'll make a full and quick recovery. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care and try to update us when you can.

Poor Tigris has been pacing up and down the room all night as he was so worried about Eve.
    He has never had crystals but he had a so-called idiopathic UTD some years ago which came back after some months- so he knows the pain.

He tells Eve that she should trust Dr Sandy- allthough he knows it will be difficult for her. He tells her she shouldn't eat her diet afterwards but maybe you do not have to tell her that.
    And he sends sweet purrings and headbumpies.

Oh poor Eve. I hope the vet will be able to treat this fast and Eve will be back to normal soon. So glad to hear the vet is thorough and keeping her pain free while waiting for the results.

Fister and I send lots of healing thoughts and kisses.

Get better soon, Eve!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The girls have all their paws crossed for their lovely friend Eve. Poor little girl. I hope she has had a comfortable night, and I will be on the lookout for updates on her condition.

Prayers for Eve that she will be on the mend ASAP!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Good News:
    - Eve's blood panel and kidney enzyme tests are 100% normal
    - She does not have a fever, is well hydrated and is eating
    - The stones in her bladder do not appear to be significant enough to be causing the problem; therefore no surgery (at least not at this time)

Pending:
    - Eve is still straining and in pain; symptoms of Cystitis (bladder infection) - anyone who has had one knows how that feels
    - She still needs pain medication and today has been put on antibiotics to help fight the infection
    - She is still in the hospital and we miss her terribly (Daddy almost went over and kitty-napped her today )
    - The question of blood in the urine and low urine concentration count in her kidneys is now being re-tested via a Urine culture which takes about 3 days for results ; the Urine culture will also identify the type of bacteria causing the bladder infection and make sure the antibiotic medication is correct for her

So .... our paws and claws are still crossed: 1) hoping the medication will show a positive result in the next couple of days and 2) the Urine culture brings a better urine concentration in her kidneys.

Thank you everyone for thinking about our baby and keeping her in your prayers. I know your healing powers are working

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    Poor Tigris has been pacing up and down the room all night as he was so worried about Eve.
    He has never had crystals but he had a so-called idiopathic UTD some years ago which came back after some months- so he knows the pain.

He tells Eve that she should trust Dr Sandy- allthough he knows it will be difficult for her. He tells her she shouldn't eat her diet afterwards but maybe you do not have to tell her that.
    And he sends sweet purrings and headbumpies.

Barbara,

Please give Tigris a huge hug and tell him his concern is very special to us all. Evie is taking his good advice and being a very good girl

All those sweet purrs and headbumpies are just the best medicine she could get
    Yours in Whiskers

• Lao Tzu

13. Good thoughts for a speedy recovery for Little Eve! I know how painful and frustrating a bladder infection can be...

I'm so glad that her blood work is normal and that she doesn't need to have surgery and is staring to do better. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. I sure hope that she'll be able to come home soon. Please take care.

After Tigris heard the good news he could catch up on a little sleep - *phew*
    But I could see his paws were still crossed.

I think that sounds all fairly reasonable. The urine culture will tell them what antibiotics to use and to be more specific with them.

All our best thoughts for your little girl. I know how you feel when they are away. When Filou had his sleepover with Doc Trude two weeks ago I felt like calling evry hour to hear how he is.