Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tiger's Home! 'The butter incident!'

Hugs and prayers....omg, I hope the Transfer Factor and the amino acid helps...I've heard Omega 3 oils help too, which you can get in the form of salmon oil, so Tiger would like that!

Cancer, you came from nothing, and to nothing - return! You are NOTHING!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Goodness, all of you have been through so much. Healing prayers for Tiger and prayers for you and your husband also.

I had a hard time falling asleep last night thinking about Tiger in the cage at the vet hospital. I was so concerned about the swelling, not only inside his nasal passages that they said would force him to 'open mouth' breathe but also the possible swelling at the back of his throat from the incision in his soft palate. I had this fear that he wouldn't be able to get enough air overnight but I prayed alot and finally fell asleep. I called the clinic at 8:30 when they opened and the tech told me that he not only was he doing fine but that to their amazement he was not breathing through his mouth but through his nose. They said he sounded 'gurgley' but that was to be expected. He was even eating this morning. I'm so proud of him, he's such a fighter. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to bring him home this afternoon. Anyway, just thought I'd post a 'mini' update. Thanks for all those prayers and well wishes everybody. God is listening.

I'm not only happy he got through the surgery well, but that he's also eating and breathing through his nose!!! I'm happy for both of you.

Hopefully his recovery will go fast and he'll be back to the old Tiger in no time. Even if the surgery can't be done again, I'm sure he'll feel better with the time you have given him with the surgery. I pray that the time you guys have left together is long, healthy, and full of happy moments, snuggles and head butts.

Thanks for updating us.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Oh this is so good to hear!!! Big gentle hugs to dear Tiger when he gets home!!

Awwww....Tiger! A kitty this happy and loved and determined is GOING to get well! Especially if he is on pain meds, he will be breathing easier and feeling better.

HUGS to that baby! Can hardly wait til he comes home!

Thanks guys.
    We picked him up at 4:30 and he's home with us now. He's so hungry but every time I put a plate of food down for him, he sniffs and sniffs and then looks at me. I tried 4 different foods and each time I entered the room he was all over me waiting for me to lower the plate but then he sniffed like crazy and then sniffed everybody else's food and then just stared at me. I think he can't smell it. In the end, he ate a handful of crunchy tempation treats!
    He's wobbly but I'm so amazed by him. He gets these hiccup things happening which the vet warned me about but as soon as it passes, he just keeps truckin'. He's my superhero.

Here are two pics that I took about 15 minutes ago and one pic that the vet sent home with Tiger. I was so shocked when I opened the envelope and found it. But, it was very interesting to me as well. It is a graphic pic of his surgery and the opening they made in his palate so don't scroll down if you don't like to see that kind of stuff.
    p.s. I ordered the Transfer Factor Plus Advanced today and it should be here next week so I can get started on building Tiger's defenses and ridding him of any remaining cancer.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [IMG]

WOW. The surgery pic didn't gross me out, but I am really impressed with vets who do the surgery...there are a lot of really fine bones in there, which is why they often can't get every last bit...they would hurt the bone.

He is looking very sweet...might take a day or so for the sense of smell to come back. Stinky Sardine Time?

I'm so glad to hear that Tiger is now home and doing well. He'll probably start eating more in a few days. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I say a prayer every day for vets like yours and mine and the people who work w/them. What an incredible job they do and we rely on them so much to help and save our furkids. I'm so impressed w/how things rolled w/Tiger and I sure hope he has some peace for a while. (and you, too)
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so glad he's home and feeling better. Hope the smell comes back soon.

Sorry if I'm asking a silly question, but is that the area below his tongue?

I was thinking back to a cat that I had fostered to two little old ladies, and their one cat, Alexander, had a mass at the back of his tongue and could hardly swallow. They swore the vet said nothing could be done, and it was so sad. I had to give him canned food, made almost soupy, and he drooled all down the front of him. It's unfortunate, but he and the 11 other cats and their owners died in a fire about 4 months after they finally found a place. I hope they are all well at the Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    I'm so glad he's home and feeling better. Hope the smell comes back soon.

Sorry if I'm asking a silly question, but is that the area below his tongue?

As far as I know, the soft palate is just beyond the roof of the mouth (the hard palate) and it is above the tonsil area. Sorry, I have the picture upside down so it totally looks like it is below his tongue. The vet wrote on the pic and I didn't want the writing to be upside down.

Mild scare today. He wouldn't eat this morning so he didn't get his prednisone, just the pain reliever liquid. By the time I got home from work he was doing terribly. Gurgling, gasping, hiccuping and barely moving with eyes half open. I called my local vet and rushed him over there. She gave him a prednisone injection that will be good for 24-36 hours and we administered another pain reliever dose while we were there. He actually started perking up on the ride home and felt good enough to have a few tiny bites of some wet food. By tomorrow, I should be able to get him to eat the wet food with the prednisone in it. I was just glad to get a few doses of prednisone in him by the vet to help get him over this next day or two and then I just know he will be on the road to better health.

Oh that would have been TOO scary!

I hope Tiger gets on the road to healing now...dear widdle boy!

Give him a gentle cuddle for me, ok?

In my case I think surgery pix are interesting, especially since I've never seen a surgery like that one.

Sorry Tiger gave you a scare and had to go back to the vets, but I am glad they got him perked up with the injection.

Have you tried warming his food up to get him to eat? Sometimes we do that at work when a cat has a hard time smelling or not wanting to eat. Warming it makes it stinkier. Also things like sardines, tuna, salmon, anchovies are good stinky foods that you could try mixing in with the wet. Maybe that would help him to eat better for you?

Anyways I hope he gets to eating and the recovery goes smooth from here on out. Thanks for the update.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

How's Tiger doing?? Hope he's breathing a little easier!

Gentle hugs sweetie boy!