Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Hybrid View

We watched it, too - several interesting folks, and several I think will not last ...
    I've Been Frosted

I think the right person was eliminated tonight. I think one particular statement that this person said during the challenge, was a contribution to the outcome.

I liked that the guy with the hat had something complimentary to say about each of the competitors.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Spaghetti Western guy's teammates saved him tonight.

I am very confused by this whole Paula Deen thing. It sounds to me like she was sued for a hostile work environment by a former employee and things got worse from there. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Paula Deen was not renewed because of admittedly using "the n-word" in public, which came to light in her testimony regarding the lawsuit being brought against her connected to her restaurants.

I thought the right person went home tonight, considering not only the failure of the dish tonight, but all other cooking challenges. Seems like all style no substance, sadly. I didn't dislike that person, but odd choices were made, and resulted in that contestant's downfall.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I am very confused by this whole Paula Deen thing. It sounds to me like she was sued for a hostile work environment by a former employee and things got worse from there. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
    I saw a good column by Dawn Turner Trice about this. She makes the point that things were different when paula Deen was growing up in the south. However, as a celebrity and a business owner, she had a responsibility to not let that carry over into her restaurant; but it did and was witnessed by other people. I'm not explaining it well, but it was a good column.

I have to admit I didn't get the "Star Salvation" thing. One of the eliminated competitors was brought back but I missed how that came about. I thought both teams missed the key question about the "secret ingredient".

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I have to admit I didn't get the "Star Salvation" thing. One of the eliminated competitors was brought back but I missed how that came about. I thought both teams missed the key question about the "secret ingredient".
    "Star Salvation" was shown online online - and was mostly a cooking competition, from the ones we saw. We have cable, so it was available in the "on demand" section.

And yeah, I was surprised neither team picked up on that, some of them seem so intent on presenting themselves they forgot they were there to present the guest!

I did think the right person left, that person seems more suited to something else - maybe being a QVC presenter or something.
    I've Been Frosted

I don't agree with this week's outcome. I liked the eliminated person's point of view. We'll see what happens next week, though.