I have taken a vacation from most of my cooking shows....

I have been watching FitTV, it's an exercise channel and they have some cooking programs on that I really like.

I just have to remember the names!

-----------------

I saw a really funny cooking show on BBC called, "Come Dine with Me"

It's a gameshow where four strangers are hooked up to host a party at each of their houses. They meet, eat and then grade the meal with the winner earning 1,000 pounds.....

I laughed because I could GAIN 1,000 pounds just watching.

THe narrator is the FUNNIEST part of the show.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend the program.

--------------

The Cooking Channel?

I don't get the programming, but I do get a few of the programs on the ON DEMAND part of my cable....I have watched a few of the programs and the hosts are very pretentious. They have some gal that cooks on the sidewalk.
She's very obnoxious. The other programs kinda sucked.

TVFN is turning into a game show channel-and they are sending all the cooking shows to the Cooking Channel. They have brought back to the channel the "Two Fat Ladies". Loved them, but I don't get the programming, so I am out of luck.

I saw the next game show is Racing Food Trucks.

I can hardly wait.

------------

As usual?

I have a complaint about a show I saw..... Giada was cooking up a picnic to have at the Getty Museum. The GM is a huge museum that was built here in El Lay....

I have wanted to go to the GM, but never had the chance...I tuned in to see what they would show of the place.

Hardly anything......

The first part of the program was her cooking and then taking the food out and having a picnic on the grounds of the museum.

She made some kind of fish cake? (I didn't pay attention to THAT part....)

As her and her guest sit down to eat, G has her kid with her.

The child is sitting in her lap facing away from G.

G begins to feed the child and takes this cake and just holds it up to the kid's face and lets her eat that way....

I was thinking, "Is she really sure that she cut up all the ingredients small enough for a child to chew/swallow?

I don't have any kids, but I know enough NOT TO LET A CHILD eat without paying attention to what they are eating.

My mom had a few rules about feeding tots.

You feed them first and make sure that the food is of the proper size.

Never feed them by holding food and letting them determine the size of 'bite'
they will shove into their mouths.

Don't feed a kid on your lap. Take the time to set them up so you can see what they are eating.....

A few steps to make sure the child is eating, not stuffing their mouths and you can see WHAT they are eating.

I gave up and changed the channel.....