Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

About the NFNS-

I had to laugh at the first challenge. Cook your signature dish and make up another dish with your team mate.

Cooking is from the soul......It's love and care.

How can they judge a signature dish cooked in a half hour? Oh, I forgot, the Terrorist rachael ray can do it!

I failed the test....It takes me at least four hours to think about my signature dish.

I wouldn't even begin to know what my "signature dish" is - maybe my cookies, but I doubt that would count ... there'd have to be a "signature dish" in each category. But that's why I could never be on one of those shows.

I did guffaw at the "Lisa" creature looking down at Alton Brown, and then everyone else, when they "didn't get" her highfallutin' beauty-pageant-ish speech about what her "personal touch" is. Honey, if they, the people who actually make their living explaining food to the rest of us don't "get it" the problem isn't with them. It's you. I felt like quoting my mother at her, only this is usually said to a tantruming child "Honey, it's okay. You're all right, the world's all wrong," and leading her off stage. She doesn't understand that for the most part, no one cares that she can cook wearing high heels, but I'd love to be her podiatrist in a few years ... or orthopedist, when she destroys a knee by slipping on some kitchen spill in 4-inch heels ...