Page 1 of 54 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Had it with the Food Channel...

I have tried to be patient with the Food Channel but have given up.

WHY?

Why do you have to touch your hair while cooking?
    Why do you have on long sleeves-that look like they get into the food?
    When your go to the pantry, why do you put stuff into your armpit, when you can't carry anything else?
    Why do you insist that anything burned is CARMELIZED?
    I watch for the recipes, not the alcoholic drinks.
    Why the faces when you taste your cooking?

Oh, the one "guy" that really irritates me is the dude with the bleached blonde hair -Fieri- and his Diners program.

I was watching the tail end of the program and he did something that I found to be so totally friggin gross and rude. HE goes to different tables in the place he is looking at, he talks to the patrons, then picks up a fork/spoon and takes food off of their plates.

Another thing that gets me going is the double dipping that a host does from the platter of food they have prepared.

ugh.

Chill out its TV, not to be taken too seriously, besided I know you love Rachel Ray and you can't live without her.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Chill out its TV, not to be taken too seriously, besided I know you love Rachel Ray and you can't live without her.

Oh, I don't take it seriously....I just cannot stand it when I am trying to be entertained and notice that she brushes her left hand thru her hair and start to wonder what kind of crusty crap is stuck in her wedding ring...the same ring she plunges into the meat loaf.

Also, Why do they prune veggies and throw away huge chunks?
    Why do they half arse scrape a mixing bowl, leaving huge amounts of food in it?
    Why call out measurements if you are going to eyeball it?

--------

I do like RR, she has the best comedy show on....it's a joke.

Her made up words, baby talk, trying to land jet aircraft with her hand movements and creepy laughter make her one of the worst.

I adore Rachel Ray. She has such great ideas and I have learned alot watching her show.

Just this weekend I was looking for a package of dvds of her show to give my husband for his birthday.

I was in Jamba Juice the other day....watching the young woman making my smoothie take off her hat and redo (and it took a few attempts) her ponytail.

Now THAT grosses me out!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary
    I was in Jamba Juice the other day....watching the young woman making my smoothie take off her hat and redo (and it took a few attempts) her ponytail.

Now THAT grosses me out!
    I h a t e when they do that. I just want to scream "Wash those hands!"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Also, Why do they prune veggies and throw away huge chunks?
    Why do they half arse scrape a mixing bowl, leaving huge amounts of food in it?
    Why call out measurements if you are going to eyeball it?
    Because they're the Food Network and they can afford to toss out the dregs that any normal person would not. I like it when they tell me what the measurement would be, even if they can estimate it visually. I can't eyeball it, so I need to know how much to measure.

Rachael Ray is too hyper for me. And I cannot get into Guy Fieri at all. But I like "Unwrapped". And I like the shows where they take one item of food (a hot dog, a pizza, a sandwich) and tell you how it is different between one region of the country and another.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

The one that gets me is Giada de Laurentis. If she shows her Tommy Molars one more time, I'll gag! My son would think I'm being sacrilegious; he feels that anyone that is that hot and can cook is a gift from the gods. I've tried several of her recipes and they are quite good. It's the phony smile about EVERYTHING and the throwing back of her head and laughing when doing something as simple as making a toast that irritates me. That said, I love the Food Channel.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Im sure it is the nerdy chemist in me coming out, but I love Good Eats. With the writer's strike we have been watching A LOT more of the Food Network. (And Speed, and Discovery, and Speed, and Animal Planet, and did I mention Speed?)

The Food Channel is silly. Anybody can make a delicious meal if they can afford ingredients that normal people can't, eat food that normal people's doctors (or just common sense) would forbid, and just do the fun part while somebody else deals with cleanup.

I think there should be a Real People channel, with a cooking show about how to concoct a tasty meal out of bulk grains, affordable cuts of meat, ordinary vegetables, and whatever is on sale, without using 16 pots and 4 as-seen-on-TV gadgets or an entire pound of butter.

Love, Columbine (and if you've never tried zucchini and sweet potato soufflé, don't laugh until you have!)

Richard, I agree with so much of what you said! Having said that, I have to admit I probably watch Food Network more than any other channel and my favorite is Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. And I'm plump just like she is! Of all of those people, the ones I would most like to spend the day with, in their home, are Ina Garten and Rachael Ray. Have you guys ever watched the chefology or whatever they call it about their lives? So neat! And what beautiful, quaint homes they have.

Tyler Florence grew up in Greenville and comes back and does cooking demonstrations sometime, but I've never seen him in person. And I've got to say, I like Giada too. Heck I like them all, even Miss Perfect, Sandra Lee!

Oh but Richard....don't you still have the hots for Nigella?????

I admit I do watch the Food Channel when nothing else is on to watch. Do not like RR or that blonde guy who keeps referring to the food as "bad boys".

I love that blonde lady from the deep south...her name escapes me now. Everything is "y'all". "So just slide them in the pan y'all". Her heavy accent is so cute but man does she ever cook with pounds of butter. Maybe that's the way they cook down there?

I'm getting hungry. Time to pack up and go home for the day y'all.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom
    Im sure it is the nerdy chemist in me coming out, but I love Good Eats. With the writer's strike we have been watching A LOT more of the Food Network. (And Speed, and Discovery, and Speed, and Animal Planet, and did I mention Speed?)
    Good Eats is our favourite Food Network show.

Quote Originally Posted by slick
    Oh but Richard....don't you still have the hots for Nigella?????
    Of course.....

I'd eat off her plate anyday!

----------

Oh, I forgot the Delicioso lady. She's an afterthought.
    She does a cooking show on a spanish language show and she is another person on it. She's another one that's adopted the RR baby talk/lips on her program

The overusage of guava, plantains and sweet sauces on meat make me want to gag. IT goes back the the Booby Flay mango salsa/chipotle/honey way of cooking.

at our local chinese restaurant -
    one of my friends was there with her family she watched one of the cooks go to the bathroom - not shut the door - give it a little shake and walked out to the kitchen and started cooking again. I had forgotten about it - ordered from there - then she told me all about it and how they had found cockroaches there as well, and it made me so sick - I couldn't eat AND called in the next day!
    I betcha those people that Guy's eating off their plates are well rewarded for allowing him to do that.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Richard, it sounds like you're addicted to the Food Network just like I am. I've fallen in love with all of them and watched them over and over and over and then.......tore them apart, limb from limb

Emeril(and others)preach about washing your hands and cooking area when working with chicken, yet, have you noticed how many people use chicken straight from a package without washing it? Are all those meats and veggies they use clean or will the high cooking temps make them safe enough to eat? Is it just me or isn't it proper to wash certain meats?

Guy Fieri seems to eat enough to kill an elephant and he won't be around much longer with the fat he consumes in just one show I have to say that I do like him though. Giada is a cutie but she can lose the "talking with the hands". Also: she overemphasizes words to the point of practically spitting right into the camera.
    Can we get some new episodes of Iron Chef(probably my favorite)? Maybe some new Throwdowns with Bobby Flay too?

Those chefographies were so cool. I was really interested to hear their stories.

Paula Deen at Paula's Party feeds everyone in the audience from the same food/dish, etc. Enough of that already!!
    Did anyone catch the show yesterday where she was doing the brunch for her girlfriends? She made a hamburger with a fried egg and bacon on top, using two glazed donuts as the bun. It was over the top, even for her. Unbelievable!!

Gotta love it!

This is a great thread and my favorite topic.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Emeril fans.....

I had heard that Lagasse would be leaving TVFN in the near future. The rumor came to me from my nephew. I didnt pay too much attention to it until last week.

Martha Stewart has purchased the rights to all of his shows, books -I guess the whole Emeril Empire - with the exception of the restaurants he opened.

Stewart runs the Fine Living Network and may be looking to bulk up her lineup.

----------

The programming on TVFN has baffled me lately.

The contests always have some commercial tie in....The cake competitions that are held in Disneyland then you have to sit thru the ads about Magic Kingdom's anniversary and the chance to win a night in Walt Disney's bedroom..

Even the goofy "this Iron Chef timer is brought to you by......" gets me irritated.

----------

The people that feed Fieri get a free dinner and any communicable diseases he may have.