Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

I have taken a vacation from most of my cooking shows....

I have been watching FitTV, it's an exercise channel and they have some cooking programs on that I really like.

I just have to remember the names!

-----------------

I saw a really funny cooking show on BBC called, "Come Dine with Me"

It's a gameshow where four strangers are hooked up to host a party at each of their houses. They meet, eat and then grade the meal with the winner earning 1,000 pounds.....

I laughed because I could GAIN 1,000 pounds just watching.

THe narrator is the FUNNIEST part of the show.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend the program.

--------------

The Cooking Channel?

I don't get the programming, but I do get a few of the programs on the ON DEMAND part of my cable....I have watched a few of the programs and the hosts are very pretentious. They have some gal that cooks on the sidewalk.
    She's very obnoxious. The other programs kinda sucked.

TVFN is turning into a game show channel-and they are sending all the cooking shows to the Cooking Channel. They have brought back to the channel the "Two Fat Ladies". Loved them, but I don't get the programming, so I am out of luck.

I saw the next game show is Racing Food Trucks.

I can hardly wait.

------------

As usual?

I have a complaint about a show I saw..... Giada was cooking up a picnic to have at the Getty Museum. The GM is a huge museum that was built here in El Lay....

I have wanted to go to the GM, but never had the chance...I tuned in to see what they would show of the place.

Hardly anything......

The first part of the program was her cooking and then taking the food out and having a picnic on the grounds of the museum.

She made some kind of fish cake? (I didn't pay attention to THAT part....)

As her and her guest sit down to eat, G has her kid with her.

The child is sitting in her lap facing away from G.

G begins to feed the child and takes this cake and just holds it up to the kid's face and lets her eat that way....

I was thinking, "Is she really sure that she cut up all the ingredients small enough for a child to chew/swallow?

I don't have any kids, but I know enough NOT TO LET A CHILD eat without paying attention to what they are eating.

My mom had a few rules about feeding tots.

You feed them first and make sure that the food is of the proper size.

Never feed them by holding food and letting them determine the size of 'bite'
    they will shove into their mouths.

Don't feed a kid on your lap. Take the time to set them up so you can see what they are eating.....

A few steps to make sure the child is eating, not stuffing their mouths and you can see WHAT they are eating.

I gave up and changed the channel.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

So I was happy that Aarti won the Next Food Network Star - and did anyone catch her first show last week? I think she's fun to watch, and I like learning about new things - and might try her kulfi recipe - bookmarked it, though I'd substitute black chai for the Earl Grey and have to skip the pistachios ...
    I've Been Frosted

I loved Aarti too!!! I'm thrilled to death that she won. She is so cute and speaks beautifully.

I watch the Two Fat Ladies on the Cooking Channel. They are something else.

I've noticed that Giada lets her daughter eat anything anytime. I can't believe it either.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I love the Food Truck Race program on TVFN.

Some of the challenges are too predictable and I am not a fan of Tyler FLorence.....But, I have really enjoyed it.

I want to know what happens to the money they earn at each stop.

-------------------

Did anyone see that Mario Batali was sued by some ex-employees?

---------------

I was watching the end of a wedding cake competition where the people the cake was for were covered with tattoos.

The woman they picked to make thier cakes was also a tattooed person.Very obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I love the Food Truck Race program on TVFN.

Some of the challenges are too predictable and I am not a fan of Tyler FLorence.....But, I have really enjoyed it.
    I want to know what happens to the money they earn at each stop.
    I was curious about that, too - but we missed the first show, so thought maybe it was explained then!
    I've Been Frosted

If TVFN decides to try this again?

I would bet on a South East Asian syle truck.

You can get a burger or Fried Butter all across America.

It's the 'novelty' trucks that are going to win.

I heard that Anne Burrell(Batali's sous chef) was also sued for harrassing some female employees that worked for her. She was way too rough with them, supposedly, and they retaliated.

What was the suit against Mario for? I really like MB.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I heard that Anne Burrell(Batali's sous chef) was also sued for harrassing some female employees that worked for her. She was way too rough with them, supposedly, and they retaliated.

What was the suit against Mario for? I really like MB.
    I think the MB suit was about tips.

http://www.lawsuitagainstbatali.com/

LOL, Do you own a pair of Crocs?

NO, I don't have a foot fetish.

Is anybody watching Top Chef Just Desserts?

I watch it, but Paul doesn't watch it with me, he's just not a big desserts person anyway.

I thought this past week's show was interesting - Seth never did seem mentally stable, so it was alarming when he had that complete breakdown, and then panic attack. I think the producers did the right thing is saying he was not allowed to return to the show. It might have made "interesting" tv, but he clearly needs some sort of help.

And I thought Malika taking herself out was pretty gracefully done, she had talked about just not being happy being in a competitive environment, and seemed at peace with her choice. I have nothing but respect for her.

What did you all think?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I think the MB suit was about tips.

http://www.lawsuitagainstbatali.com/

LOL, Do you own a pair of Crocs?

NO, I don't have a foot fetish.
    I don't own any crocs.

I love the new show, Karen. I didn't get to see the whole last episode though. I'm thrilled to hear they removed Seth. He was a real mess.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I took a vacation from the TVFN and came back to find it messier.

I think that the channel turned into the "FoodGameShowChannel".

--------------

The TailGate program.

Finally figured it out.

Just make Guy a HUGE plate of food, serve him and put a mike on him.
    "Money, FlavorTown". Sheesh.

--------------

The Next Iron Chef.

Chef PonyTail is a d-bag of the most stellar proportions.
    He was the most insufferably whiny, cry baby have ever seen.

What was his beef with Ming Tsai? Anybody can have a show on TV. Walk into a cable studio and do your own.

Moron.

-------------

Top Chef.

That should be interesting..... All those meat heads in the same competition?

Priceless.

12. I have a friend who mentions this show quite often an i was considering watching it until i read the posts about people fiddling with their hair an etc while cooking.

ugh. no thank you. makes me nauseous just reading it. i dont see how a cooking show can be taken seriously when the so called chefs do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    I have a friend who mentions this show quite often an i was considering watching it until i read the posts about people fiddling with their hair an etc while cooking.

ugh. no thank you. makes me nauseous just reading it. i dont see how a cooking show can be taken seriously when the so called chefs do that.
    Most of the cheftestants on Top Chef don't do that, I promise.

Now, on Hell's Kitchen - that's another story, lots of unsanitary, and unprofessional behavior of all sorts, but I haven't watched a single episode this season, it's just too predictable and frankly boring.

Richard, I am looking forward to watching the Top Chef All Stars - there are some "not winners" that I genuinely like, and will root for. Carla, in particular, has always reminded me of a smarter sibling to Big Bird from Sesame Street, so it'll be interesting to see how she handles a second season.

Also, Richard, I have been rooting for Ming Tsai all along. I have eaten at the "Blue Ginger" restaurant whose you see on his jacket, and they take food allergies quite seriously. They took my list and asked if they could keep it to enter it their computer under my name for future visits, and created an entree and salad for me that was not on the menu at all, but entirely Karen-safe and scrumptious. Paul and his mother, who were with me, did order from the menu and enjoyed their food, too. The man has my respect, and I have seen nothing on the show to diminish that. He's not the flashiest or loudest, but may be the most experienced and most capable.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Richard, I am looking forward to watching the Top Chef All Stars - there are some "not winners" that I genuinely like, and will root for.

Also, Richard, I have been rooting for Ming Tsai all along. I have eaten at the "Blue Ginger" restaurant whose you see on his jacket, and they take food allergies quite seriously.

I see Marcel cut his hair for the show?

I have always dug MT and his cooking programs, Chef PonyTail was a butt head and always had something to say about him. Not to fond of seeing him
    in the finals.

Did anyone else see the Top Chef Just Desserts Finale? I did, and was quite happy with the winner. I didn't *think* I was really rooting for anyone in particular, but am very pleased - and the winner was surprised and quite gracious and everything one could want in a cheftestant.

I so would love to have been tasting LOTS of those foods!
    I've Been Frosted