Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

What time is The Next Iron Chef on? I thought I recorded the new season, but I must have chosen the wrong one, as it has Michael Symon as a contestant, and he's already an Iron Chef on the show - or is he on this season again?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    ODo people actually eat chicken feet, cockscombs, jellyfish, stinky tofu? I was a surprised at how well those chefs adapted to the items they were given.
    You must never have been to Dim Sum at an authentic Chinese restaurant, they send around carts, and one always has chicken feet sticking up, and another has duck feet! We always declined those carts. And I have eaten jellyfish - at a banquet in Beijing, China! (It was kind of like bouncy rubber bands, not a lot of taste.)
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What time is The Next Iron Chef on? I thought I recorded the new season, but I must have chosen the wrong one, as it has Michael Symon as a contestant, and he's already an Iron Chef on the show - or is he on this season again?

TNIC is on Sunday nights. 9 p.m.

They re-run the previous season as a teaser, before the premiere of the new season.

D&D, I have had feet and comb,

Karen,
    You can win tons of stuff from friends and family by betting people you'll eat duck or chicken foot.

The only problem is where to put to bones!

I live a real sheltered life. I am amazed, all the time, at what I don't know.

Karen. Michael Symon is not on this year. That is an old show.

Richard, are those things also the part of Mexican culture? Have you seen the show yet? I'll look forward to hearing how many of those exotic ingredients you have tried as a part of Mexican culture. I see you've had two of them. How were they prepared? Mexican style? I can't remember if those items were mentioned on the show about Mexican cuisine with Jeff Corwin.

While the segment was running, I was wondering what Richard knows about these strange food items.

I had no idea, Karen, that some Chinese restaurants offer the items. I'm not even sure if there's an authentic Chinese restaurant around these parts.
    Last edited by Daisy and Delilah; 10-07-2009 at 08:31 PM.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

lol,

Soup, stew, fried or BBQed.

When you are a kid you eat and do not realize what you are eating....

I've had pretty much all the animal, The last time I ate brains, I almost died. Not, really died, but kinda.

One of the worst meals/dishes was a green chile with pork that I bought from a Mex market.

The green sauce was outta this world but the meat was tongue. Green chile dishes always have pork in them. As it cooks, the meat shreds and melts in your mouth.

The food joint put tongue in the chile and you could tell what kind of meat it was because it held it's shape and was 'tongue-y' in texture.

It was very strange to have to chew the meat.

-------------

A good chicken foot soup is really good, but a little work to get the meat off the 'hoof'.

I wonder why we have a repulsion for certain parts of the animal? If we can eat the flesh, why not the rest of it?

Well, maybe it's not everybody that has this problem. Even when I see this on tv, most people are making faces and turning up their noses.

Richard, did I ever ask you about certain Spanish cultures eating meat that isn't fresh? This really intrigues me.

I may have mentioned my daughter visiting a Mexican family years ago. She had made friends with one of the girls in the family. She would tell me about the rotted, smelly, meat in the kitchen. The meat was there and going to be prepared for dinner. What do you know about this? Do the jalapenos and chiles kill the bacteria?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Richard, did I ever ask you about certain Spanish cultures eating meat that isn't fresh? This really intrigues me.

I may have mentioned my daughter visiting a Mexican family years ago. She had made friends with one of the girls in the family. She would tell me about the rotted, smelly, meat in the kitchen. The meat was there and going to be prepared for dinner. What do you know about this? Do the jalapenos and chiles kill the bacteria?
    No, never had the rotting meat in the kitchen.

That's way beyond anything I have ever encountered on my plate.

Could it be someone was pulling a leg?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    No, never had the rotting meat in the kitchen.

That's way beyond anything I have ever encountered on my plate.

Could it be someone was pulling a leg?
    Could be. lol
    My daughter was around 10 at the time. The family told her they eat the meat. They could have done it to get her started. Pretty funny now that I think back.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Did anyone see the "Dinner Impossible" where Robert Irvine was at the New Jersey bakery? Was it just me, or was he rude to the front of house lady? Although she did come in a couple times and ask him about special orders he didn't know he needed to have ready. And the one at the Hotel Hershey, he should have used the test kitchen consultant more. And an entire meal, chocolate in every course, but no mole? I thought the Irish/Asian wedding project was great fun, though.

New Jersey people, what is pepperoni bread? They don't sell anything like that at Weber's or Kirschbaum's (my two favorite bakeries). It looks yummy! Do you heat it up before you eat it?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Did anyone see the "Dinner Impossible" where Robert Irvine was at the New Jersey bakery? Was it just me, or was he rude to the front of house lady? Although she did come in a couple times and ask him about special orders he didn't know he needed to have ready. And the one at the Hotel Hershey, he should have used the test kitchen consultant more. And an entire meal, chocolate in every course, but no mole? I thought the Irish/Asian wedding project was great fun, though.

New Jersey people, what is pepperoni bread? They don't sell anything like that at Weber's or Kirschbaum's (my two favorite bakeries). It looks yummy! Do you heat it up before you eat it?
    Was that when the tray of donuts fell down?

I think he and the girl were more flirting than mad at each other. If it is the same episode? They asked the gal to help on the Groundhog Day mission and she was just as funny.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Peppero...ad/Detail.aspx

MMMM, that sounds great.

I make a 'cheese bread' last night with some Jiffy Pizza Dough mix. I didn't have the pepperoni, so I just made it w/the recipe on the box and left out the pep!

I had it with some fish soup I make in a crock pot and it was really good.

To me, Robert Irvine is rude to somebody on every episode. Particularly that one. I think she was getting mad at him for real.

Elyse, I think I've seen pepperoni bread in Publix here. I'm looking for olive bread and Publix only makes it occasionally. My sister served it one time. It was awesome. Do you have Publix there? How about Fresh Market?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Elyse, I think I've seen pepperoni bread in Publix here. I'm looking for olive bread and Publix only makes it occasionally. My sister served it one time. It was awesome. Do you have Publix there? How about Fresh Market?
    I made some olive and pepperoni bread and it was good.

Get the pizza dough mix - I can't remember the name of it!-and follow the directions.

I made peanut butter cookie-from a box and three loaves of bread in the last week.

For the first two loaves the yeast was too old.

I took the 'experiments' and make bread crumbs with one, and croutons with the other...

The last loaf I made, with newer yeast, and came up with a dense sweet bread.

I followed the Amish bread recipe and it worked very well, I think will take some herbs nicely.

I am going to make another 'test' loaves as it cools down today. I'll post the recipes later on.

Yummm Richard!

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Yummm Richard!
    It's really easy.....If you can find the pizza dough mix....you are halfway there!

----------

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amish-W...ad/Detail.aspx

Amish bread recipe....
    Last edited by RICHARD; 11-01-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I made some olive and pepperoni bread and it was good.

Get the pizza dough mix - I can't remember the name of it!-and follow the directions.

I made peanut butter cookie-from a box and three loaves of bread in the last week.

For the first two loaves the yeast was too old.

I took the 'experiments' and make bread crumbs with one, and croutons with the other...

The last loaf I made, with newer yeast, and came up with a dense sweet bread.

I followed the Amish bread recipe and it worked very well, I think will take some herbs nicely.

I am going to make another 'test' loaves as it cools down today. I'll post the recipes later on.
    Thanks, Richard!! Always helping me out. I think you have cooked everything on the planet.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!