Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    I watched that wonton thing last night too. I said the same thing!! Empanada????? HUH?? I wondered where he got that idea?
    I stopped listening/reading to the tips/food trivia a while back.

Example?

It's hard to take anyone serious when they talk about cross contamination, yet the wipe their hands on their pants?

I agree!!

Today, I saw Sandra Lee dump a handful of some spice in her hand and it was supposed to be like a teaspoon. She discretely dumped the other 40 tablespoons on the counter top.

This is so much fun!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I agree!!

Today, I saw Sandra Lee dump a handful of some spice in her hand and it was supposed to be like a teaspoon. She discretely dumped the other 40 tablespoons on the counter top.

This is so much fun!!
    That's funny.

For a long time I was 'blinded' from seeing the little things that happen while I was getting the spit off my chin.

The hands, hand washing and other faux pas that take place during the show.

Check this one out.

I also thought of this one while watching SL. They grab cans (RR is another magician when it comes to this trick) off the counters/shelfs and the lids magically open up for them. Dang, if I could get away from opening up cans when I cook, I'd save so much time I could to to Zimbabwe and teach children how to open beer bottles with stones!

I have always wanted to be a person that gave back the the world!

LOLOLOLOL,
    I finally figured it out.

When I was a kid I would watch the serials (episodes) of Flash Gordon.

I was flipping thru the net when I spotted a pic of Ming the Merciless and started to laugh like a maniac!

what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ming1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	43503   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mike_symon_03.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	43504  

lol lol lol

Now we know where we've seen Symon before!! He always tries to look like a warrior.

RR-- 30 Minute Meals = Yea, sure, if somebody is doing everything for you and all you have to do is dump the stuff in a pan.

We've never seen that day she brings hime the groceries and supposedly cleans everything before refrigeration. She doesn't tell us that takes the entire weekend. Wouldn't we love to see her doing this?

You can watch the chefs spill something over the side of a bowl and in the next scene, it's gone. There are people all over the set acting like slaves. They're probably getting minimum wage and the chefs are living in $5 million dollar homes.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

We've never seen that day she brings hime the groceries and supposedly cleans everything before refrigeration. She doesn't tell us that takes the entire weekend. Wouldn't we love to see her doing this?

You can watch the chefs spill something over the side of a bowl and in the next scene, it's gone. There are people all over the set acting like slaves. They're probably getting minimum wage and the chefs are living in $5 million dollar homes.
    Food Stylists. baby, Food stylists! If you ever get a chance to watch the 'behind the scenes' programs you can see all the different shots needed to make a show. Each scene is outlined, then blocked-they do a run thru of what will be filmed, where the cook will stand, etc., etc., and what angles they need. That is why you see the drips that disappear after certain shots!

OOOH Richard! Did you see Chopped the other night? They had a chef that was dipping his spoon continuously and the finally called him on it!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I did see some bits and pieces of how they make some of the shows. It's amazing how many people it takes to pull off one show. I love to laugh when the stars act like they did everything.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    OOOH Richard! Did you see Chopped the other night? They had a chef that was dipping his spoon continuously and the finally called him on it!!
    NO
    I missed it!

LOL, there are two sets of rules! Home and cooking for 'guests'. At home you can do anything you want. Most of the time we just cook for ourselves and we can dip as much, or little as we want.

I just find that when they -FN-pushes these little tips about chicken safety and washing hands, then you catch some of the chefs doing the exact opposite, I stop and say, "Did I just see that!"

I especially like the Two Day Recipes!

"You marinate over night - I happen to have a dish I put in the fridge yesterday!!!!"

I think I mentioned this before but I'll keep saying it. Ace of Cakes:::I can not believe how many times the cake decorators scratch their heads, shake their heads, scratch their skin, right over the cakes!!! It's unbelievably gross. There isn't much sanitary anything going on in there. None of them wear gloves, hairnets, etc. I wonder if they wash their hands after going to the bathroom?
    I've never noticed that! Eek!

I've been watching a lot of "Throwdown" lately -- is it just me or does that show air often throughout the week? Anyway, I want to know if the people being thrown down aren't in some way tipped off that Bobby and company are going to be crashing their party. If he were throwing me down, I might be pretty p*****ed at him for showing up!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I've never noticed that! Eek!

I've been watching a lot of "Throwdown" lately -- is it just me or does that show air often throughout the week? Anyway, I want to know if the people being thrown down aren't in some way tipped off that Bobby and company are going to be crashing their party. If he were throwing me down, I might be pretty p*****ed at him for showing up!
    I have watch only a couple of them, and it is usually set up that the person thinks they are going to tape a segment for a cooking show on their "specialty" and BF shows up for it to become a "throwdown." That way they are prepared, have ingredients and everything handy, are ready to explain what they are cooking and how, and aren't freaked out by the camera ...

I think they may be on reruns for the summer season, I don't know, I don't watch it regularly, or have my DVR record it.
    I've Been Frosted

I saw whahisname - Tyler Florence do this today.....

He was making something that required some cookies made from pine nuts.

He needs to put the cookies into a bag and crush them for the recipe.

He grabs the bag from the shelf/cabinet, opens it up and pulls one cookie out.
    He breaks the cookie in half - as a demonstration - he wipes his left hand on his pants and opens a plastic bag and tosses the cookie halves in.
    He reaches over to the cookies, then empties THAT bag into plastic bag and begins to smash the cookies. I sat there for about three minutes trying to figure out why he didn't just empty the cookies into the plastic bag then break one open from that pile. TF has a weird way about him-he talks to the audience like we are stupid.

It was a weird segment and I really couldn't figure out all the drama over busting up cookies!

While watching Tyler Florence, count how many times he says, "absolutely delicious". Another thing: he talks so fast, I hope he doesn't have cardiac arrest some day on set.

Have I ever asked this question? Why does Sandra Lee feel the need to roll her "L's" all the time? It's sounds weird and it seems ridiculous.

Sandra Lee also talks to the audience like we're stupid. It's usually, "I want you to do this and I want you to do that". Thanks Sandra, now I can handle my day.

Throwdown is on alot, Elyse. BF is on during the day with his grilling show. I think it's Friday where they have a Throwdown episode. They also show it back to back all the time.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

While watching Tyler Florence, count how many times he says, "absolutely delicious". Another thing: he talks so fast, I hope he doesn't have cardiac arrest some day on set.

Have I ever asked this question? Why does Sandra Lee feel the need to roll her "L's" all the time? It's sounds weird and it seems ridiculous.

Sandra Lee also talks to the audience like we're stupid. It's usually, "I want you to do this and I want you to do that". Thanks Sandra, now I can handle my day.
    The SL "L" rolling? Yes, noticed that!
    All the stars have their own signature phrases-you could almost have a drinking game/contest with each episode!

I am looking forward to the New Iron Chef - I wonder who will be leaving....

And I keep forgetting that the "chairman" is going to do a 'Dancing' show, that should be worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The SL "L" rolling? Yes, noticed that!
    All the stars have their own signature phrases-you could almost have a drinking game/contest with each episode!

I am looking forward to the New Iron Chef - I wonder who will be leaving....

And I keep forgetting that the "chairman" is going to do a 'Dancing' show, that should be worth watching!
    I can't wait for the new Iron Chef!! I also wondered who is leaving. We hardly ever see Morimoto competing anymore so I'm guessing it's him. Mario Batali, not much either.

What dancing show is the chairman going to? I wonder who will take his spot? How many FN people can do the tricks he does?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!