Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    You're so right, Richard!! I just need to get out more and pay attention to what I'm seeing.
    The best "stop and scarfs" are stuck in the little corner strip malls.

There is a little fried chicken place about 5 blocks away, I never ate there until a group of Thai, Thais (more than one!) bought it and they started advertising THAI food!

They still keep the Fried Chicken thing going, But as long as the sell Pad Thai?
    I am there.

It is true about the crowds........IF you drive by during BF, Lunch or Dinner and you see people around the door?

Crap food restaurants don't stay open long.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/07/27/v...chicken-video/

I came across this site because I heard that GP was cooking meat!

She did a series with Mario Batali and some othe guy where they cooked and ate their way across Spain.

One morning she was at breakfast with MB and she was acting like a real prima donna about what he was eating. She said she was avegan.

I was really surpised to see her cooking chicken!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Good food is found everywhere!

You just have to keep your eye out and take a few chances.

Sometimes a trip to the nearest "Little" area of your town is a good thing!

----------

Now, why would they make Melissa do 10 dollar meals?
    Because they think it is in tune with the "economic issues" of the day? I watched the first of her shows, and even went and got the recipe for the potato-bacon torte from the website - it is even "Karen safe" - which is a rarity! And the apple granite was very interesting to see done as well - it's just frozen applesauce, and then you run a fork through it to get the grainy texture - looks simple and yummy! (That, I'd just leave the lemon juice out, but apples I am okay with!)
    I've Been Frosted

I was wondering what you all were thinking about her show so far. I think I've seen two if there have been two already. She seems nervous but that's to be expected.
    That potato torte really looked good.

I'm glad they're running the Chefographies again. Alot of them I didn't see.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Because they think it is in tune with the "economic issues" of the day? I watched the first of her shows, and even went and got the recipe for the potato-bacon torte from the website - it is even "Karen safe" - which is a rarity!

Oh, I am sure that the eco-times have a huge impact on her show. I was hoping for a show that would fall between the "pan roasted finger potatoes with truffles in a white cream sauce with saffron and foie gras".

I dig the recipes until they get to the "ingredient from Heck" that is either too expensive or only exists in the small specialty shops of New Haven, Conneticut.

Flay made some a middle eastern meal the other day and bought some bulgar wheat (I think that is what he bought) along with some other stuff like buckwheat honey? It was a ME market that had TONS of stuff in it, but unless you live in a metro city, where will you find the ingredients? The other thing that had me perplexed was the assortment of the wheat.

Who knew that there are 'grades' of the grean, from 1-5, fine to coarse?

-----------------

I missed the program -Cooks vs City?

I don't care for Ah-ron -the guy that is a sometimes judge on CHOPPED. Very pretentious. Your name is spelled and pronounced Air-ruhn. I am not a Ricardo, but have no problem people pronouncing it either way.

-------------

I have the TV on in the background and had to shake my head. R Ray was on and made a Pozole Lasagna w/pork.

Hmmm, Pozole is usually a soup made with beef neck bones. So where she came up with that recipe is beyond me. I sure as heck ain't no expert in Mex food and know there is a regional way of prepping meals, but I have to shake my head when I hear some of the names of the dishes and how they take a regular dish and twist it!

Richard, once again, you've hit on the head exactly what I was thinking.

I had a discussion with my sister a couple of days ago about the crazy ingredients on the FN. Some of those things are impossible to find. If they are available, they cost a fortune.
    Your pan roasted finger potatoes is a perfect example.

Cooks vs. City was pretty ridiculous. It was the two guys against two girls. One of the girls is on the network and the other one is Kelsey, one of the NFNS contestants from the past. They had to work as teams against each other and race to a finish line after completing assigned tasks.

Aaron was pretty humbled down in this show. I don't like his arrogance either but there was something different about him in this setting.

Did anybody watch the premier of Dinner Impossible? The one with the roller derby people. It was all dishes with no utensils allowed. They made the food to kinda serve as utensils itself.
    The amount of food he wasted on camera, during that show, could have fed a family of 4 for a month. It was hard to watch.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Your pan roasted finger potatoes is a perfect example.

Did anybody watch the premier of Dinner Impossible? The one with the roller derby people. It was all dishes with no utensils allowed. They made the food to kinda serve as utensils itself.
    The amount of food he wasted on camera, during that show, could have fed a family of 4 for a month. It was hard to watch.
    I made up the finger potatoes recipe, Don't try it at home?

I hate watching people wasting food too! THat is another one of my peeves about show, especially Hell's Kitchen.

------------
    I was wathching part of the CHEFOGRAPHY about the Food Network- they were talking to the dude on the judge's panel from the NFNS he always sit on the left side of the screen? If you get a rerun, watch it and listen to him gush about the chefs and looking for other "talent".

Some of the Network Star contestants have great ideas for shows, but the network is always right!

I made up the finger potatoes recipe, Don't try it at home?

I hate watching people wasting food too! THat is another one of my peeves about show, especially Hell's Kitchen.

------------
    I was wathching part of the CHEFOGRAPHY about the Food Network- they were talking to the dude on the judge's panel from the NFNS he always sit on the left side of the screen? If you get a rerun, watch it and listen to him gush about the chefs and looking for other "talent".

Some of the Network Star contestants have great ideas for shows, but the network is always right!
    I loved the creativity of that made up recipe. It's so true!!

I think you're talking about Bob Tuschman(?). I'll try to catch it. I was amazed at watching Giada's. I can't believe how long she knew her husband before they got married. I was shocked that her Grandfather is still alive. Who knew?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I just caught a few minutes of the 10 dollar meal show.

I tried to watch it with a fan's eye.

I just want to say one thing!

A first for any FN program I have watched?

The gal was making a salad and she made a dressing for it, she was adding
    the mayo to the bowl where she was mixing it up, took a spoonful of mayo, over estimated and spooned some back into the container!

There was a whole bunch of other stuff-lol, my critical eye- but i was too
    fascinated to remember.....

---------------

I muddled thru 5 miuntes of the Brian Boitano show.

Why not have George Foreman do a 'grill' cooking show?

Another train wreck!

I watched part of Melissa's new show. She is still very nervous in front of the camera. You're right, Richard, I noticed a ton of errors. I hope she gets better and better because I really like her.

I think I mentioned this before but I'll keep saying it. Ace of Cakes:::I can not believe how many times the cake decorators scratch their heads, shake their heads, scratch their skin, right over the cakes!!! It's unbelievably gross. There isn't much sanitary anything going on in there. None of them wear gloves, hairnets, etc. I wonder if they wash their hands after going to the bathroom?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

It's unbelievably gross. There isn't much sanitary anything going on in there. None of them wear gloves, hairnets, etc. I wonder if they wash their hands after going to the bathroom?
    DUDE, don't go there!

DUDE, don't go there!
    I know. Sometimes, I have to turn my head or turn the channel.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I know. Sometimes, I have to turn my head or turn the channel.
    I know, I have to look away myself.
    ----

Check out the commercials they are running w/AB in them.

He has the funniest hair thing going on. I laugh everytime I see it.

I was watching him make wontons. One of the little 'blurbs' they run before the commercials said that a wonton was the same as a Mex empanada.

A mex empanada is more of a turnover and is baked in the oven. Not anywhere near a wonton, but, hey!,It is his show?

I think I mentioned this before but I'll keep saying it. Ace of Cakes:::I can not believe how many times the cake decorators scratch their heads, shake their heads, scratch their skin, right over the cakes!!! It's unbelievably gross. There isn't much sanitary anything going on in there. None of them wear gloves, hairnets, etc. I wonder if they wash their hands after going to the bathroom?
    Ewwww...Ewwww.Ewwwwwww!

I watched that wonton thing last night too. I said the same thing!! Empanada????? HUH?? I wondered where he got that idea?

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!