Thread: Bedtime story game for LB

Bedtime story game for LB

At just about the same time every night, due to our boy cat, LB's insistance he and my husband go together to put him to bed and do his night time story game. I am not kidding. He comes in the living room and no matter what is going on lets us know in no uncertain terms it is "that time." with his special "meow to move." noise. It's his "Bedtime for Bonzo" moment of the day. After the awakening he then leads my husband, Ron, to the back bedroom which is the kitty's room..he thinks it is his room. Besides the books stored there and some covered boxes..it is generally his private hang out. He jumps on the cot there while Ron sitting next to him pets him and tells him a little story every night. Things like how he came to us as a stray seven years ago and how we rescued him, etc. There is a big stuffed Cheetah on the bed and when the story is being told LB purrs mightily and rubs his back against Cheetah and'or Ron. Then my husband leaves him some fresh water and a small amount of dried cat food. He turns off the light and leaves a small night light on. His own private privy is there also. (litter box) And LB is now tucked in, so to speak, so my then one of us shuts his door. We don't hear anything from him until the next morning. The same game is repeated every night and we just love it almost as much as he does. Happy boy kitty!

We are grandparents now; but to LB and our girl kitty (who sleeps nightly in our bedroom..not LB's) we are their great big cat purrsons. LB's game reminds me just a little of when our children were small and we tucked them in, told stories, and said prayers. Yes, we do say "God bless our kitty and keep him well."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

This is such a cute story.

Sleep

I love it; we have a situation that's almost the same.
    Mits, my boy, at 11:00pm exactly will come by my chair and insist that I go up stairs to bed. If I am not fast enough in 5 minuets he will be back. When he gets me tucked in he will wait at the foot of the bed for my wife to join us. The he will tuck in under my arm and purr. As soon as he is sure we are going to sleep, 10-15 minutes, he will make the rounds of the house. Checking on the other 9 and making sure the food bowls and water are properly filled. Mits then will join us again, usually on my wife’s pillow and go to sleep for the night. God forbid that I get up during the night, as he has to go though the whole routine again.
    GILL & Crew;

Re

What good cat parents you are! Thank you for telling about LB's bedtime routine - it's a very cute story! Sweet dreams LB

That is soooooooo sweet. Do you have pic of LB that we could see? He sounds like a special boy.
    I have a cat that requires tucking in as well but he has decided that 3:00a.m. is the time that this should take place. I'm in a deep sleep and then, like clockwork, I hear 'scratch, scratch, scatch' on the door of his room. I race in so he doesn't wake my husband and there's 'Jimmy' waiting for me while his two roomies 'Tiger' and 'Paddy' are fast asleep. I pick him up and hug him and give him some kisses, tell him everything is fine and a few minutes later I head back to bed and so does he. It drives me crazy but I guess he needs it for whatever reason so the tucking in continues.

I love these bedtime stories . . . how special!! Cats are known for being creatures of habit, and they prefer routine. I read little children's old Golden storybooks (about cats) to my kitties, but when, where and how often varies. When I am trying to gain the trust of a feral I make it a daily endeavor, and it did pay off with RB Muskrat. The Three Little Kittens is a good one, and for Xmas they received a new book about Mistletoe the Christmas cat and it came with a beany-type kittycat.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    That is soooooooo sweet. Do you have pic of LB that we could see? He sounds like a special boy.
    Would you believe I just saw this..so if you are still around Emeraldgreen and posting you can find a picture of LB with a girl kitty on my profile page. It is the cover picture on my album of kitties. He is the one laying under the tree, gray and white, household cat, short hair. (on the left)
    I loved reading: Cat Stories by James Herriot who wrote the All Creatures Great and Small series.

Since my last post it has gotten worst. Mits has to tuck me in, but now he has help. At 10:45 Lucky comes running through the kitchen and straight up my chair and chest. A head bump on the chin, a quik srcatch and gone to the front room,then at 10:50 Penny comes and sits by the TV room door. At 11:00 sharp Mits jumps on my chest then moves to the arm of the chair, facing away. Mits will wait about 2-3 min. then head for the stairs. I am too follow, at the same time Penny will lead me to the stairs picking up Lucky on the way. I now have a 3 cat procession going up stairs with me in the rear.
    Mit then lays on my wifes side at the foot of the bed, Lucky waits for me to get ready at the foot of my side and Penny waits in the middle. When I lay down I get head bumps from Lucky and snuggles from Penny. After my wife joins us it is time too sleep Lucky wraped around my wifes head. Penny snuggled against my tummy. and Mits in his spot tucked in my arm pit. He extends from Penny's but to my elbow, untill I am asleep then he still has too check the house.
    GILL & Crew;

Once they get into a routine..they'll consider it set in concrete.

But, ain't it fun?

That is so sweet! I missed this story when you first posted it. I wish I could find a man that loved cats that much.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    That is so sweet! I missed this story when you first posted it. I wish I could find a man that loved cats that much.
    Yes, this continues nightly for those two..my husband and LB; but my husband hasn't always loved cats like he does now. They have grown on him gradually. When we were first married over 40 years ago he barely tolerated them especially when they misbehaved. Then he just didn't encourage them to come to be petted..he mainly took to our dogs. LB is very special and won his heart.