Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it usually take?

Well our realtor finally got a hold of him... he said that they wanted to research the laws about the septic and well system first and then discovered that we were right about it so we should get our check next week... if we don't we will be taking action against them.

But my question is... if this guy has been a realtor for as long as he claims... shouldn't he KNOW the rules for septic and well systems already? Surely he has had to deal with it at some point.

At this point I really worry that they are going to screw some unsuspecting first time buyer into buying without doing surveys or inspections. For some reason taht really bothers me.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I would still report him, you should have your check in your hand tomorrow, why next week? I think he is lying. I have heard that they never keep that money even if you back out just because.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I don't know much about how other parts of the country, but here in SC, the real estate agent (the ones representing the buyer and the seller) have Brokers in charge of their office and if this agent doesn't do what he said he is going to do, your agent needs to contact his Broker with a formal complaint. What a mess! I'm not surprised that the selling agent wouldn't know the exact laws. They just want the sale and depend on the legal process and the inspection process to find anything that isn't "right". I sure am glad you found out before you moved in. Good luck and I hope you can find the right house soon.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    I would still report him, you should have your check in your hand tomorrow, why next week? I think he is lying. I have heard that they never keep that money even if you back out just because.
    Yeah we are still planning on reporting him. if they wanted to look into it first he could have at LEAST returned our agents phone calls and said so... not just ignore us. I would have been mad that they were being so fickle about it but at least we wouldn't just be sitting here wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    I don't know much about how other parts of the country, but here in SC, the real estate agent (the ones representing the buyer and the seller) have Brokers in charge of their office and if this agent doesn't do what he said he is going to do, your agent needs to contact his Broker with a formal complaint. What a mess! I'm not surprised that the selling agent wouldn't know the exact laws. They just want the sale and depend on the legal process and the inspection process to find anything that isn't "right". I sure am glad you found out before you moved in. Good luck and I hope you can find the right house soon.
    I guess I just assumed since this guy has supposedly been in realestate for many years that this would have happened at last once before lol. But yes we are glad we found all this out before hand... now I feel bad for the next "sucker" that comes along... if they are first time house buyers they might not think to do inspections and stuff. That shouldnt' really bother me but it does lol.

We actually have already found our new house. Our friends are moving and we love their house... they are moving back to NY. And we are going to buy their house from them. So if everything goes as planned we should be in there by April (of course this all depends on her husband finding a job in syracuse so it could be a little later but we don't mind... we don't have a deadline lol)

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19
    I guess I just assumed since this guy has supposedly been in realestate for many years that this would have happened at last once before lol. But yes we are glad we found all this out before hand... now I feel bad for the next "sucker" that comes along... if they are first time house buyers they might not think to do inspections and stuff. That shouldnt' really bother me but it does lol.

So did you guys get your money back yet?

I'm glad you already have another place in mind.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    So did you guys get your money back yet?

I'm glad you already have another place in mind.

No not yet... they said by the middle of next week at the latest... I will give them that time but after that... we will take legal action. It has been too long. if we get the money by the middle of next week then we probably won't bother. We shouldn't even be giving them this amount of time but I just want the money back and not have to deal with the rest.

I just wish there was some way we could force them to put into the disclosure that they have had termite issues and septic issues.

Would small claims court FORCE them to do this?

I really don't want some unsuspecting person to get taken by these people who are TOTALLY dishonest.

Is there a Real Estate Board or some governing body in your state? There oughta be.

They are the people to report this creep to.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda