Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had a chance to get another dog...........

If you had a chance to get another dog...........

If you had a chance to get another dog, what breed and name would u choose?
    Puppies are a bundle of joy, dogs, are life's happiness.

Probably whatever mutt tugged on my heartstrings at the local shelter...
    I'm a huge Yankees fan so I might name him/her Clemens or Jeter or something like that...

Most likely a Mutt or a Husky, a Samoyed, another Little River Duck Dog or a Klee Kai, or a Basset hound ( o thier r soooo many! ) named Greta or Murk, Katy, Mandy, Lissy, Molly, Tavy,Gabby, Buiscit...oh I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Grace and my best, friend, my k9 companion, Finny.

Come see the beautiful dog breed that I love! www.tollerweb.com

What ever hound or pointer that needs a good home And for names (if they don't already have one) would be for a hound Hunter and for a pointer Shane
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

I have said this before...but I'd get one that needed me more than I needed him/her, probably going through a Golden Retriever Rescue or Lab Rescue. I LOVE those big, sweet dogs!!!

I would go to Rottweiler Rescue and get another one. In fact the thought has crossed my mind many times, but I think for animals is enough for now. I have no idea what I would name it. Jenny (my wife) usually takes care of the naming.
    Keith: owner
    Harley: 16 mo old female Rottweiler
    Bugs: 3 yr old cat
    Taz: 3 yr old cat
    Sierra: 4 yr old ferrot

I don't have a dog, but I still would like to answer this one.
    I would love to have a German Shepherd someday (if I ever live in a house), because I had one before when I lived in Brazil. His name was Einstein and I chose him when he was just a baby. He was an absolute darling and very beautiful and I adored him. Einstein unfortunately was shot and killed by the guy who worked for my father, tending to the land. He shot Einstein because he was always pestering the chickens, and occasionally killed one. He didn't seem to understand that, even though Einstein was big, he was still a baby and, with some discipline, would eventually grow out of it, just like the other dogs had.
    Anyway, It still hurts me to think of Einstein (that guy was fired, by the way) and I would just love to have another German Shepherd someday. I don't know what I'd name him; I'd probably have to meet him first.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Thelma, that must have been horrible for you to have your baby shot. Is that why you don't have a dog now?
    I guess if I was to get another dog I would look through the rescues and probably if they had one a Standard or Giant Schnauzer and if not I would look for a Standard Poodle and most probably they would not have any of these in rescue so I would look for the first dog in rescue that said come take me home with it's eyes.
    Jackie

Let's see, first choice would be a Boxer. I just love the expression on their faces. Second would be a Lab. Third would be a Rottie. The name would depend on the dog. I kind of like Trevor for a boy. I like Jasmine for a girl. They would definitely come from a rescue center and I would like one considered senior status. These ones are often overlooked. People prefer the cute puppies.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Recently I have adopted all my pets. We have Campino, orange tabby and Midge, tri-colour hamster, we adopted them both from the humane society. I have also taken in my parents dogs since they have recently seperated and cannot take care of them, one is a black lab and the other a terrier X. As for getting another dog my fiance and I have decided on a Beagle, we'll probably anme it Snoopy or Shiloh. I think that you have to see a dog before you can decide a name.

Originally posted by Jackie:
    <STRONG>Thelma, that must have been horrible for you to have your baby shot. Is that why you don't have a dog now?</STRONG>
    Jackie,
    I love all animals, but I have always been particularly fond of cats. No matter what other pets I have, I will always want cats. I don't have a dog now because I live in an apartment and I just feel that dogs need space to run around outside. I'm kind of a homebody, too so I don't see myself going out for long walks and stuff with the dog. The poor thing just wouldn't be happy. Maybe someday I'll live in a house.
    Thanks for asking.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

The way I feel today, I will never get another dog!!!!!

Purrley, the puppie days will be over before you know it, just hang in there.
    Jackie

My first choice would be a Great Dane and second choice would be a Shiloh Shepherd. I've wanted a Great Dane since I was little, but we've never had a big enough yard. I would definitely name it Champion or Lucky.

Purrley, is Tess being naughty. Would luv to hear about it in the other thread we opened.
    Barbi
    on behalf of Lady/Tobi/Buffy
    http://www.cutefamilypets.com
    a great site for all animal-lovers!
    Has your pet been featured yet?

I would get a pug or any other wrinkley dog! My Favorite would have to be Sharpays! I would name it wrinkles!