Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had a chance to get another dog...........

First id go to the pound and see if theres any that will fit me, and then id go to a Pit Bull rescue! As for a name, For a girl Kiara, Nala, Sarabi and for a boy Zazu, Rafaki, Mufasa... or any other Lion King names!my 2 faves are Kiara and Zazu
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

Originally posted by Mary_jsn:
    <STRONG>If you had a chance to get another dog, what breed and name would u choose? </STRONG>
    Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

Originally posted by Mary_jsn:
    <STRONG>If you had a chance to get another dog, what breed and name would u choose? </STRONG>
    Miniture Wiener Dogs!! I'd have 101 if I could. And I would have names for all of them. I would rescue all that I could. At one time I had four, three of which were rescued. I now have two left, Oscar and Macs. The other two died of old age. The last years they had with me were great, they lived and were loved.

Tailwags, Linda, Mr.T, Macs, and Oskar

I'm really interested in doing dog competitions with my dogs (which I'm doing now). So I would probably get a female German Shepherd Dog, from a good breeder that I trust. Name, probably Cassie.
    Becky Weise & the German Shepherd
    Iris Von Der Felzen Haus CD, CGC, 2 legs of NA
    Iris' Den

I would love to have a Rottie, or a Great Dane. Hubby won't let me have one because he says he doesn't want a dog bigger than he is.

Maybe you should get a different hubby!!
    (Just Kidding!!)

That's not a bad idea!

I've found that life is better without one (hubby that is)

I'd love to get another dog! But, I don't think I can! But, if I could get another one, I'd probably get a Lab, Golden Retriever, or a Border Collie mix, from a shelter! For names, Lilly, Cody, Holly, LuLu, I have lots of other names!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

another Rottie either named Stubby or Angel.

The answer to this question probably changes every other day. There are so many different breeds I would love to have...Rat Terrier, Fox Terrier, Bichon, Poodle, and recently I have met two West Highland White Terriers that I just fell in love with. But like so many of you have stated, it will probably be the first one I come up on who needs a home. I do know it will be a small dog, lifting these 28-29 pounders is getting hard on the back.

1) I would get another greyhound I think or a mutt from a shelter, or a choc lab, maltese or a corgi.
    2) No clue with the names.
    3) Purrley, I am with you during the puppy stage. I totally understand! And my puppy is alot bigger than yours! But the frustration is not size discrimitory is it?!
    Trust me the puppyhood will be over soon, and the love and affection and fun will be returned to you 100 fold. When my beloved Shaianne died in Sept, I knew I would get another dog. I couldn't stand the quietness that was there with just me and Kylie Kitty.
    Of course, there have been times that I have thought "what the heck have I done to myself?" and there are times that Kylie looks at me and I know she is saying the same thing! But even tho Keegan makes me crazy with anger and frustration when she ignores me and runs out onto the road in front of an oncoming vehicle I also know that if God willing she survives this, she will be my companion and confident and best friend for a long time. I would like to say that the good times are outnumbering the bad but I think its about even right now!! But I can't imagine having another puppy, nor can I imagine not having her and her being in someone else's arms and home.
    The moment's that she is safe in the house, car or my lap and looks at me with her beautiful expressionful eyes, my heart melts. Like today, at my parents she ran out into the road and came pretty close to road kill and I was so upset, angry , frightened etc on the way home when she fell asleep with her head on my arm as it rested on the gearshift, it was priceless. It almost made up for it, but not quite!
    I just have to make certain that I keep things out of her way, and keep her on the leash when she is outside, until she is older and has had some obdenience training.
    I had a greyhound, I know better than to let a dog off leash but she did so well when she was real little I fooled myself!
    Good luck with your precious Tess and Hang in there sweetie!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

My next dog will likely be a Border Terrier from one of my mom's litters. I will have to show it, but that's okay -- I kind of enjoy doing the show thing as long as it's not OVERDONE!!! (Mother shows every weekend during the summer --- argh!!!) Mother would like any pups from litters she's had anything to do with to have 2 letter call names -- EV, KC, CC, etc., but I have to meet the animal first anymore. I named Lys 'Ellysium' before I met her and she's anything but!!! Now, she's Lysel the weasel most of the time. She's silly! But, I AM NOT DOING THE 2 LETTER CALL NAME THING!!! My niece just took one of the puppies Mother got for leasing her bitch to a friend for breeding and they named him ND Racer (Indy) and Mother wants to name a pup he sires PT (Petey) Cruiser. I'll probably go back to Mercedes Lackey's books and get a name from that or a mix of the parents' names or some such. The pup will tell me.
    "Every creature is a word of God."
    Meister Eckhart, Animal Blessings
    Dog Potentials

It'd be ANOTHER Tibetan Spaniel.
    Wonderful breed!
    I'd look for a rescue one first... I wouldn't have to look far because I do the Tibetan Spaniel rescue in my state.
    The name would have to match our present Tibbie....Angel. So if it were a female, it'd be Gracie...& if it were a male, it'd be....not sure about that one.
    Just helped with the rehoming of a beautiful young male Tibbie whose name is 'Bailey'. That's because his lovely coat colour is the same as a popular drink that's called 'Bailey's'. I like that name!
    Marie

PJ's Mom, our biggest Dane only weighs 108 pounds...tell hubby that and he won't have a leg to stand on! lol

Well, with 15 dogs, it will probably be awhile before I get my favorite breed. I would get a rescue Weimaraner. I was raised with Weims and they are so awesome. But I will never again have a dog that isn't a rescue dog.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!