Thread: Another Rescue *cichlid lovers*

Another Rescue *cichlid lovers*

Well some how cichlid's always find there way to me. I have another cichlid rescue. From word of mouth, this little guy was normally staying in a 20 gallon tank(way to small), then someone got him out of the paper and for the last week has been living in a fish bowl. So of course I took him in and he is now staying in a 40 gallon. He's really pretty (has a blue tinge to him) and huge, longer then 8 inches. I can't belive he was living in a bowl, poor thing. My brother's old room is now full of 9 fish tanks, I feel like I'm living in a fish store. So anyone know what breed he is? I never name my fish anymore, since now I have over 100 fish. He will be living by himself like my other cichlid because I guess he has killed a lot of fish.

Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Very beautiful. I can't believe somebody put it in a bowl either. As for species, maybe try a cichlid forum. There's really no way short of a dna test to know for sure. Cichlids vary so much even within their own species, plus almost all of them can crossbreed. All I can say is its African and probably a female. Its even harder to narrow down the species for a female, nobody takes pictures of their females.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Pretty. :]
    My first thought was Pseudotropheus socolofi, they are fairly common... but they only get around 5-6" tops.

Haha, fish are addicting. Our exercise room has 10+ fish tanks, and we have a few others scattered around the house. Good luck and thanks for helping it out!

He's gorgeous! What a shame the way someone was keeping him. Good for you for rescuing him.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla