Thread: Yes? No? Decisions, Decisions...update

Threaded View

Yes? No? Decisions, Decisions...update

Stupid chickenhead that I am..forgot to take a picture..

While fostering Woody/Fred,I mentioned the chance of getting one of my nephew's puppies. i decided not to, based on the work involved. I realized I was just too old for this stuff. But.....

Curses and Rats! I went to visit one of the puppies today at my niece's house. Her mom and stepdad are taking one. I knew I'd get emotional. When the puppy ran over to me, I held and kissed her the entire stay. She fell asleep in my arms, then next to me. Katie (I thought of you, Robin) is a beagle, blacklab/Golden Retreiver mix. A virtual fuzz ball. The only Beagle I see are the wide feet. Her face looks a bit like a GSD and her widdle eyes have light brown circles, racoon like.

Katie was so calm although it was her first time away from her littermates and mom. I held her like a baby, turned her over..so calm and even tempered. I was literally d-y-i-n-g. First I agreed to one of the males (either her twin or all black). I even have names chosen. Then I said no, realizing all I have on my plate right now. Then my nephew talked me into it, the I talked myself out of it. It was sheer torture.

When I saw my niece's beagle so upset, I thought of Logan with Fred. I realize how lucky I am with Logan. But Katie isn't Fred in personality.
    My brother said no, John doesn't care (and he shouldn't) but I've been helping out with a sick relative and haven't been home as much as usual

I guess I need an A list and B list. I'm so torn I bet I won't sleep a wink tonight thinking about it.
    Last edited by K9karen; 02-23-2008 at 11:04 PM.

I've been Boooo'd!