Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Sledding adventures...by Tehya

More Sledding adventures...by Tehya

WOOOOOO PT

My Mom hasn't been going to her working place lately and it finally warmed up so we have been going for lots of runs!

This was a couple days ago. This team was fun! Sundin and Anvik were leading. Sundin gets bored when we go slow so Mom hooked up only the faster dogs! We were flying down the trail!

The doggers were Anvik-Sundin, Hobo, Pacer-ME, Ozzy-Franklin. Paxil was very mad that she had to stay home, but she is kinda old and she can't go so fast anymore!

Hobo likes it when Mom takes 7 dogs, cuz he always gets to come. Could he be any happier!?

Today's adventure in the next post....
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Today, Mom took six of us out for a run. Pacer had to stay home cuz he hurt his paw a couple days ago. So I ran beside Ozzy. Sometimes we don't get along so good, but we both wanted to run so we decided to be friends for today!

For some reason, Mom told us to HAW where we usually GEE today! We ran down part of our usual trail, but we were going the opposite direction that we usually go on this part! It was very interesting. Things looked familar, but different!

Then instead of turning to do the loop home, we hawed again! That means go left by the way! We went on a brand new trail! Well, new to me. Mom says she went on it with a different team a couple years ago. Our neighbor, Mr. Will, who has a dog team, runs his dogs this way so we followed their tracks!

It was very sunny and warm today. Mom put some goopy stuff on my paws before we left so I didn't have any snowball trouble and I didn't have to wear those dumb booties. I hate those things!

We came blasting out of the trees and holy smokes, we were at the road! The main road that cars drive on to get to our house! We ran in the ditch beside the road. That was very interesting!

Then Mom told us to HAW again. We did alot of hawing today! We crossed the road and went on another trail. I have been walking on this trail, so I kinda knew where we were! I forgot about all the hills though. We did alot of climbing!

Alot of climbing! Three big hills like this one!

We had a little kerfuffle at the end of the trail where it hits the road again. Paxil and Sundin got all confused and tangled and since we were in the road there was no way for Mom to set the hooks and get off to help us. Fortunately, this was very close to our house and Mom had her cell phone(and it worked in this spot!). So she called Dad, who is home for a few days. He came down the road and fixed the tangle, showed Paxil the right trail and off we went again!

What, did you think 12 miles would tire me out? Let's play Anvik!

And that is my adventures for the past few days. Now I have to go get some water and hang out with Sundin. I'm trying to teach him how to play, but he's a bit of a slow learner!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Tehya the sled dog babydog!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

My question is how your mom can take pictures while riding along. I can make myself sick just thinking about it. LOL

wht a nice adventure!! and you sure all seem happy!!

thank you for sharing the views and the fun.... just add to the pics

wish I was there...me
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

What a pretty, sunny day and beautiful scenery! I like Hobo's happy face, and the picture of Anvik and Tehya playing! I'm glad to hear Dad is home; I bet Mom and Muskwa are especially happy about that! welcome home Dad!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha
    My question is how your mom can take pictures while riding along. I can make myself sick just thinking about it. LOL
    Well, she takes her little bitty Olympus camera that fits in her inside pocket of her parka. She doesn't take the big fancy Nikon cameras! She just puts the little camera on Auto, pulls it out and shoots. Half the time she doesn't have a clue what the pictures look like til we get home! You'll notice that that there are no pictures of us going down the hills or on the twisty parts of the trail! She needs both hands for those parts!
    --John Irving

just like when at Disney we got on a swing thing that took you turning and floating in air.... and I tried to record it in video.... oh my.... I almost puked... LOL ... from then on I taped without even watching..... LOL..... it was funny though
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Hey, Teyha! Maybe I don't know what to look at / or look FOR. But it seems to me that , in these photos, YOU are in LINE, where you are supposed to be! Great job, Girl!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    My Mom hasn't been going to her working place lately and it finally warmed up so we have been going for lots of runs!
    This statement worries us a little. Don't all our Momcats and Dadcats work at the petfood company? When our Momcat leaves for work, she tells us she's off to slave away to make more petfood. We just assumed that all hoomans work at the petfood place. If you're not there working, will there be a shortage?

Worriedly ~ Halo, Cammie, Pepper, Willow and Willy
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    This statement worries us a little. Don't all our Momcats and Dadcats work at the petfood company? If you're not there
    working, will there be a shortage?

Worriedly ~ Halo, Cammie, Pepper, Willow and Willy

Woooo little kitties

Don't worry. My Mom is just on holidays for a little while then she will go back to slavin' away. Some other humans are doing her work, although Mom says they are probably just letting it pile up on her desk til she gets back!

WOoooo
    Tehya
    --John Irving

Looks like a blast as always!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier

I forgot about all the hills though. We did a lot of climbing!

Alot of climbing! Three big hills like this one!

We had a little kerfuffle at the end of the trail where it hits the road again...
    So she called Dad, who is home for a few days.
    He came down the road and fixed the tangle, showed Paxil the right trail and off we went again!

/s/ Tehya the sled dog babydog!
    WOW!!!
    BEEEEEE-UTIFUL Scenery!!

And thank Heaven for "Dad" being home!
    Welcome Home, Stuart! *waves*

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Hey, Teyha! Maybe I don't know what to look at / or look FOR. But it seems to me that , in these photos, YOU are in LINE, where you are supposed to be! Great job, Girl!
    Thank wooo! I'm getting better at focusing, Mom says...somedays at least. Somedays I get distracted. I do not like it when Daisy tries to run beside me or if Mac is loose I want to play with him!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    And thank Heaven for "Dad" being home!
    Mom says it's nice to have a handler again! She wooda figured some way to fix things if she had to, but it was much easier to just call!

Tehya
    --John Irving

Looks like you all had fun, fun, & more fun!

It's always fun to hear your adventures, pretty girl. And I love that happy Hobo face. Next time maybe you can take a more leisurely run so Paxil can go.

So Glacier, I guess I thought a lot of your sledding was just following the same path most of the time, and that the dogs more or less knew the course. But you really can just sit behind seven dogs and say Haw or Gee, and they will take you where you want to go? That really amazes me. Ginger sometimes knows her right from left when I ask, but I wouldn't want to be out in -20 degrees (or whatever it was today) and count on getting seven dogs to listen to me. What a good job you do out there.