Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My poor Hannah isnt well

My poor Hannah isnt well

Poor Hannah.

She developed quite the case of Diarrhea yesterday. She has had about 5 messy diapers and it's basically the consistency of urine... keep in mind that she usually only poops every other day. so 5 times in less than 24 hours is A LOT.

her dry skin problem is also coming back with a vengence and this happened around the same time as the diarrhea.

She doesn't have a fever, is eating normally, and is pretty much her usual self. But I did call the Dr today just to check and see how long I should let this go on before she needs to be seen.

The dr said she may have picked up a wee bit of a stomach bug. But right now if she is eating fine, no fever and is not lethargic than I shouldn't worry too much. IF it doesn't get better by Friday then we have to take her in but if she develops a fever, stops eating, becomes lethargic or shows signs of dehydration then I am to call her right away.

So far hannah seems totally unaffected but at least now I have a timeline for when I should see some improvements.

Poor thing... I hope she gets better soon and I hope she gets out of this without diaper rash... she hasn't had DR yet *knock on wood* I'd like to keep that record going for her lol

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Aaww bless her - have you given her something like diarolyte to replace some of the salts etc she will have lost?

Hope she feels better soon
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    Aaww bless her - have you given her something like diarolyte to replace some of the salts etc she will have lost?

Hope she feels better soon
    No didn't even think about giving her anything.

Not sure I have heard of diarolyte. is it just a dropper or is it a drink?

Its like pedialite, once my daughter had that as an infant, a friends mother in law was watching her and boiled rice and gave her the rice water, not sure about it but my daughter did get better.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

hmmm maybe I will have Brian pick some up on his way home tonight

Thanks for the suggestion

You may want to check with your doctor since she is so young, I always found that my kids didn't like it anyway and wouldn't drink it. I think its just important to keep her hydrated.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    You may want to check with your doctor since she is so young, I always found that my kids didn't like it anyway and wouldn't drink it. I think its just important to keep her hydrated.
    Yeah the Dr suggested that I feed her more often to keep her hydrated.

Aotearoa- NZ -Kia Ora, Tena Koutou,Haere Mai From the Land of the long white cloud.
    Aww poor little thing, i sure hope she gets better soon, yes they de-hydrate so fast the young ones,and that is the real danger really,i would check with the doctor before giving her anything,but if that is ok, that would be an excellent idea .,i have a product in my cupboard called gastrolyte which is used for that, it says it is ok for infants, so i am sure the products mentioned are the same thing over there,keeping fingers and all paws crossed Hannah makes a speedy recovery HUGS. regards carole.
    Last edited by jewellnz; 02-13-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Thank you.

with those pedialyte drinks... if she can have them. How does that work with her feeding schedule I wonder. Would it replace a feeding or no? LOL I'm so clueless with that because I have never even looked at those drinks before.

UGH... I don't know how I am gonna keep this girl hydrated. her last diaper change... I changed her, went out the living room and she filled her diaper AGAIN just in the time it took to go from nursery to living room. So I opened up her diaper and got a soft cloth with warm water for her little tushy.... and HOLY projectile poop LOL. so I just covered her bum with the cloth until she was done. got her all cleaned up, out of her now dirty clothes, and she went AGAIN. I had to change her 3 times in about ten minutes. Poor thing.

She hasn't gone since that episode and she is napping right now. But with how much she has been going today... I am starting to become a little more concerned about the dehydration thing.

I would call the doctor that sounds like she could dehydrate, I would call during office hours, better than a trip to the e.r. tonight, I am not trying to scare you but I think its better to be on the safe side.

I have been frosted!

I would call the doctor that sounds like she could dehydrate, I would call during office hours, better than a trip to the e.r. tonight, I am not trying to scare you but I think its better to be on the safe side.

I did talk to the Dr earlier today but I am leaving a message for her again right now. Hannah stilld oesn't have a fever or anything and isn't lethargic but dehydration is what I am worried about the most right now.

How is her soft spot? Is it endented, are her eyes sunken or do they still look okay? At least she isn't vomiting also. My daughter was about 10 years old and had severe vomiting and diareah and she lost 15 pounds in one week, when I took her to the doctor I had to get a wheelchair for her. It was really scary.

I have been frosted!

How is her soft spot? Is it endented, are her eyes sunken or do they still look okay? At least she isn't vomiting also. My daughter was about 10 years old and had severe vomiting and diareah and she lost 15 pounds in one week, when I took her to the doctor I had to get a wheelchair for her. It was really scary.
    No so far she looks ok.... and the Dr said this morning to also check her mouth to see if it is dry at all. But I know she could rapidly go from fine to dehydrated especially overnight. So I want to try to do what I can to combat it before it happens

Just keep an eye on her I am sure she will be fine she is just getting rid of something that isn't agreeing with her tummy. Is she eating normal?

I have been frosted!

Just keep an eye on her I am sure she will be fine she is just getting rid of something that isn't agreeing with her tummy. Is she eating normal?
    Yeah she is eating normal. The Dr said to try to feed her more often... but hannah doesn't want to eat more often. So thats why I was wondering if I could or should be giving her something else like pedialyte or something in between feedings (if she will take it) to help. Since she normally only takes a 4 oz feeding every three hours.... I worry that isn't enough when she is getting rid of it so fast.

I feel like I am being paranoid but I guess it's better safe than sorry.