Thread: a scare with my Ash, re cat food...any ideas?

a scare with my Ash, re cat food...any ideas?

I got a real fright last night, i had given ash a treat , as he was being a bit fussy with regards to his food lately, i bought a small tin of dine tuna and whitebait, he devoured it in no time, and seemed to enjoy it, however he ran outside in a hurry, i thought here we go again, he will vomit it straight up, he has had a problem for while, and yes been checked by the vet,but no he did not,instead his mouth was quivering and he was sticking his tongue out, not exactly like that, but best way i can describe it to you, he was obviously not a happy boy, i was really scared and panicking, he did this for while and then seemed to be ok.

However he came in later and was going to have a bit of grated cheese, his favourite and put it in his mouth then ran outside again,later on the evening he seemed ok and ate as normal, i checked his mouth and could not see anything.

I have been thinking maybe there was a small bone stuck that was in the cat food, which should not be of course there in the first place, so i put some cat lax on his paw, as i thought it has oils in it that might help dislodge it, if that were the case,he seem's ok now and i am very puzzled, do you think he was allergic to the food,? any idea's anyone?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Get him to the vet and let the vet have a look.

A bone is very possible. It can be tiny and still create trouble for Ash.

Please call and see if the vet can "squeeze you in".

Keep us posted, k?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Carole.

First thing I thought was a reaction but not 100% and then again a bone maybe possible too. Maybe even just a small sliver of a bone. I agree with Candace. Call your vet and get him checked out just in case. Better safe than sorry.

And do keep us updated.

(((HUGS)))
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Yes i have been tossing whether or not to do just that, i think to be on the safe side i will take him to the vet,will keep ya posted.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That sounds so much like Dixie and her hairballs. She has the hardest time getting them up and goes through this tongue out, gasping, coughing sound.

I sure hope there isn't a bone lodged but I'm glad to hear you'll be having him checked out.

Well wishes to him!
    I used to have an Ash, too. He's been gone for almost 14 years now, it was a little jolting to see the name again.

I honestly don't think it was a hairball, he actually did not even try to vomit anything up, i have never seen his mouth quivering like that, it was more like something stuck alright or an allergic reaction and it was straight after eating the cat food, immediately in fact.

Ash is my old grey boy, he was named by my then young daughter after Ash on pokemon, and of course he just happens to be that colour too lol.
    Furangels only lent.

It Could Have Been A Bad Batch Of Food As I Will Open A Can Of Food Open That Smells A Bit Off And I Will Turf It Right Away.
    Its A Lot Hadere To Read The Expiry Dates On Canned Food Than It Is The Dry!!!
    We Hope Ash Is All Right!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm not thinking bad food or tainted food would have that fast of a reaction, would it?
    I hope Ash is okay.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aotearoa- NZ -Kia Ora, Tena Koutou,Haere Mai From the Land of the long white cloud.
    No the food was fine, i have a nose like a drug dog for bad smells, believe me lol, i would know, besides Ellie had some to and she was just fine.