Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
{{{{{hugs}}}}} Alysser. There are so many sayings appropriate for your situation right now, and along them, "can't see the forest through the trees", "the grass is always greener" and "one day at a time" come to my mind first. There is NOTHING glamorous about living on your own at 19. Nothing at all. Heck, I lived with my mom, at 29, for three years, while I completed law school. I can't say that I spent two seconds regretting that decision. I was a full 10 years older than you! You do what you have to do to get where you want to be. It isn't in a second. It isn't in a week, and it isn't in two years. Slow down. You have the rest of your life to pay the bills. Trust me, it really isn't all that it is cracked up to be!

I would encourage you to think about what you want to do, and what you can do in that field. I don't encourage you to find some obscure major, or some highly competitive field to focus on, or the rest of your life you will spend trying to be gainfully employed. It is great to say that you should 'follow your passion'. Right up until the word 'reality' comes into play. I would rather pay my bills than follow my dreams, from a practical standpoint. Don't forget, you are 19. Things happen, life changes, even goals change. What you know you want at 19 just might not be what you want at 25 or 30. Lots more living ahead of you than behind you.
Alysser, Cataholic has shared some wonderful advice with you from her own experiences. Be sure to save this and refer back to it as it is very wise. Slow down, you are going to be just fine. Don't be so hard on yourself, it will all fall into place nicely as the years go by.