Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
Dear Hospital Administration,

I'm an agency nurse on assignment at your facility. I've had to hit the ground running because there has only been limited back-up for the person I replaced. Through the grapevine I've heard that there are to be across-the-board budget cuts, including this department. Please look at that decision again because this department is working very hard to change course. While we are on the subject, I would be thrilled beyond belief to be offered this position on a permanent basis. I hope I am making a good impression on this department's managers. Everyone has been so kind and helpful to me, even though they are extremely swamped themselves. Please consider me; I know you won't regret it.

Thank you,
"Visitor"

Dear Hospital Administration,

I've changed my mind. I don't want to join your team. I did the job with no clinical decision support criteria and no physician back-up. I shared an office with two people who both went to multiple doctor appointments while I was there. They both went to other teaching hospitals in the city. What does that say when your employees choose NOT to get their care where they work? It doesn't look good. The facility just looks tired and run-down, too. Almost every other hospital in the city is opening new patient care areas. You need to get a marketing person to step up your image so you can attract a different population. But the bigger issue to me is the total lack of support for the person in this role. I'm not going to put my license on the line on a long-term basis. You had your chance and you blew it.

Dear Agency Recruiter,

Were you listening when I told you last week about the immediate overtime reduction? Did you do anything with the information I gave you? I don't think you did. I had a premonition that something was going to go down soon and you didn't help me. I should have found out about the early end of the assignment from the account manager, not from your client. BTW, after I was summarily dismissed by the department head, I stayed at the facility for another couple of hours to hand off my workload to the person who will pick it up next week, to complete a couple of problems, and to bring my files to the manager's office. He left without receiving my files or even saying good-bye. I should have left as soon as I was dismissed, no hand-off, no resolution of the problems. See ya bye. But I am a good professional and I wanted my last impression to be a positive one. And just so you know, since you didn't seem to have a clue: U of C and U of I are two different facilities and they are not across the street from one another.

Without thanks,
RN