Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: [Dear You. . .]

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Dear Deer in my Neighborhood - Could you please not walk along the curb at night. You blend in so well with the trees and leaves that I sometimes don't see you. I really don't want to collide with you! I enjoy seeing you when I drive home from church through the forest preserves on Wolf Road. I am trying to take as many well-lit roads as possible, but the last half a mile worries me t he most.

And if you could just stand still for a second in the morning when you're munching on grass after the landscapers do the lawn in front of my building - I enjoy seeing you and I'd love to take your picture.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Dear deer, I have a new strategy that a good friend told me about. When I see one of you crossing the road, I am going to slow down and look in the direction you came from - because my friend told me that when you see one deer, it's not a bad idea to expect another one (or more) coming from the same direction. He agreed with me that the deer blend in with the trees and bushes, especially at dusk. The forest preserves on Wolf Road aren't any better lighted than they were the last time I posted. I don't think you're going to stop crossing the roads any time soon. We've been pretty lucky with deer accidents in my neighborhood recently, and I don't want to be next.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear B., what is it this time? You have me very confused. Are you really that busy? I'm tired of always being the one to e-mail or text and getting a one-word response (or worse, an emoticon) in return. Guess I'm just too dense to read the signals.

Regretfully,
    Me

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Dear You,

Why? Why did you have to be my neighbor? With so many other nice places you could have chose to live.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Dear Mother Nature,

Thank you for making my drive to Baltimore and back today, more challenging than it has ever been in the past. Yes - you did say it would rain, but you neglected to say it would be of the monsoon variety. Feeling like you are driving in a very high power car wash over 200 miles long, is not my idea of fun. No thanks to you, I did make the trip over and back, safely. A lot of other vehicles/people, weren't so lucky with wherever they were headed. Guess there's a lot to be said for good brakes, good wipers, and a keen eye by the driver.

Give me a break next time please,
    Soggy But Safe

ETA:
    Yes Mother Nature. I just heard on the news, that you dumped over 6" of rain on Baltimore and the surrounding areas. NOT FUNNY!!!!!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 08-12-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I've just started the process to separate from my mentally ill, extremely emotionally abusive DH of many years. If friends, family and my psychologist think it is such a good thing, why does it feel so wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    I've just started the process to separate from my mentally ill, extremely emotionally abusive DH of many years. If friends, family and my psychologist think it is such a good thing, why does it feel so wrong?

Because to you, the abuse feels normal after all this time. "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't." Also - there may have been some good times in your married life, which makes the decision difficult as well.

While you move forward into the unknown, you have the support of your family, friends and psychologist.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thanks.
    Not "normal" but because of his mental issues I have tolerated it all these years and now I feel as though I am abandoning him.

Blog Entries
    My heart goes out to you completely. This process of separating is obviously gut wrenching for you. After all these years, with no end in sight, it is no wonder others think it is time for you to move on and try to heal. I'm sure they want the best for you and to build a healthy, even happy life that you so richly deserve. You know that it is right, easier said than done though, right. Anyone one in your shoes would be torn, this can in no way be easy on any level. Please reach out at tis time and make use of ALL the support you might need. This is the time you will need it the most honey. I'll bet your DH is making this as difficult as possible for you, am I right. Anytime you need an ear, I am here, been there, HATED it! It is so worth it honey, please believe me, not easy but it will be like a new wonderful life eventually. It can be, believe it or not. You know how to get hold of me, hang in there woman!

Dear B.,

If this were a test, you wouldn't pass: "If someone seriously wants to be part of your life, they will seriously make an effort to be in it. No reasons. No excuses."

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    Thanks.
    Not "normal" but because of his mental issues I have tolerated it all these years and now I feel as though I am abandoning him.
    Just remember that we all love you, and know you deserve the best in life. You did not cause his mental illness, and you are not abandoning him, but rather saving yourself. We love you!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen, it helps to know people care and support me. Right now things are in a holding pattern while I figure out next steps. In the meantime there's a whole lot of attention seeking manipulation going on. Angina, low blood sugar, waiting for a hospital bed (not true). I don't think it ever entered his head I would go through with it.

Louie and me, I am sorry for the rough patch you're going through. You can't please everyone and sometimes you need to just do something for yourself.

Oh, and while I am here...

Dear ArcGIS,
    Because of you this is going to be a horrifically long semester. Just when I think I am getting the hang of something, something else happens. I would appreciate it if you could stop making me feel stupid. GIS as a whole is a pretty interesting subject, but I don't like Arc very much yet. Maybe you will someday be improved? haha I doubt it.

Sincerely,
    Alyssa

Louie - when I went through a tough breakup quite a few years back, I already had a list in my head of all the tricks he would try, all emotional ones.

I had an answer for each of them.

Maybe the next time you get an angina complaint, call 911 and have him billed for the ambulance. Seriously, just take care of yourself and lean on your support.

And Alysser - I have NO idea what arcGIS is, but either read ahead on it or just take it one day at a time. I know you'll ace it anyway!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cant begin to tell you how much your support has meant to me. Thank you all who replied.
    Catty - I'm so used to the angina drama now I just ignore it. Having said that, he does have a very serious heart condition but, since he still works 12-14 hour days not to mention his time spent with his current "other", I figure he's managing just fine.