Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***UPDATE, POST #50*** Please Pray For Harley (lady's Baby)

***UPDATE, POST #50*** Please Pray For Harley (lady's Baby)

I am sure all of you remember Lady's baby, Harley. He was adopted out to a great family in Oak Forest, IL. Harley is in touble. He ate a doll of their daughters and got into some stuff outside and had to have surgery. The family went to three different vets, all wanted $2500 and $3700, the family just could not pay that. They finally went to Animal welfare League. At first they wanted Al (the owner) to sign Harley over to them, they'd do the surgery, and adopt him out. He said absolutely not! So they said they would do the surgery for $400, so Al agreed. The surgery was done on Tuesday morning and he seemed to be doing okay. They removed plastic (from a doll), tin foil, and grass clippings as well as 2 1/2 ft of his small intestine. Yesterday they fed him and he threw up, his stomach was all bloated. The doctor was unreachable by Al so he went up there to see him today. He asked the nurse what she thought, if they should euthanize him to end his suffering. She said she wouldn't if he was hers. They left, 20 mins later the vet calls him and said Harley was dying and the best thing would be to put him down. He called me, I told him to take his dog out of there and bring him to my vet. He did and my vet said she needs to go back in and see what is going on and try to fix him internally, because nothing can be done externally. Al agreed, knowing he would die without help and that he may die on the table. I just spoke to Al's wife, Lisa. The vet assistant called her in the middle of surgery to give her news. Upon opening Harley up the vet found urine and feces oozing out of him, his bowels were cut open. His small intestine was not sutured properly and it was erupting. Dr. Greeley resutured everything and is now closing him up. He was still alive at that time. Dr. Greeley will call Lisa and Al in about an hour with the final results. This poor boy was butchered by the AWL Vet, Dr. Greeley confirmed that.

Please pray for Harley. He is only 11 months old and so full of life. Please pray and ask Lady to let her son stay here with the Gustafsin family. They love him so much. Thank you all so much.

HARLEY
    HARLEY AND HIS SISTERS
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 02-19-2008 at 08:56 PM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Omg, that is just awful! Poor sweet, Harley. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his human family. I'm so glad they took him to your vet.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

we will be praying for Harley you can count on it Tracy. What a beautiful boy he is.

I hope there is going to be some kind of action take against the vet at the AWL. If Harley does make it it is on his head. This vet should not be allow to practice. I don't get it but the AW always seems to find the worse vets on the planet to do their vet work.

Come on Harley get well little man. You belong here still and your family loves you to pieces. Come on sweetheart.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Quote Originally Posted by kittycats_delight
    Come on Harley get well little man. You belong here still and your family loves you to pieces. Come on sweetheart.
    Harley, sweet boy, I am praying for you and your family.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Harley, we are praying hard for you to get well, here in RI.

LES and

Come on little Harley, you can make it. I will be thinking of you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How awful, Tracy!!! That poor little doggie has gone through a terrible time. I am praying with all my strength that he's going to be okay. I feel so bad for him. He looks just like his Mama

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Prayers for Harley and his family.

How awful! Lots of prayers for Harley and his family.

Dear Sweet Harley, I will be thinking and praying for you to get well soon and go home to live a long happy fun filled life with the Gustafsin family. Giant ((hugs)) sweetheart.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

PRAYERS for Harley!

Is there any recourse against the first vet???? I can't see any vet doing such a poor job just because they didn't get the money they wanted to charge.

...gawd...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I spoke with Lisa and Al a little bit ago. They said when the vet called she was in tears. There was so much toxins and "crap" coming out of Harley during surgery. She did what she could and closed him up. He came out of surgery alive. He is now on a heating pad, as is tempature is only at 98 degrees. He has antibiotics running in him to try to get rid of the toxins she could not remove, and he is on fluids. They sent blood out to see if he is low on any proteins and to see if he needs a blood donor. If he does, Scruff will donate if he is a match, if not she has other donor dogs. The vet said he has a 50/50 chance. We won't know anything until the morning. The vet said if the sutures hold in his intestines, and the antibiotics clean up the toxins, he will make it. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Please keep praying. Thank you.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Oh my gosh, that made me cry. I will keep praying for sweet Harley. Stuff like this is so heartbreaking.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Poor baby! He'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

That just kills me to read.. I cant BELIEVE any "vet" would do that to a dog!
    Im just in shock. And I feel so bad for Harley's parents.. that would just be nerve-racking to have a dog in that state... after putting him in someone's hands who you thought would take care of him. Just devastating. Is there vet-malpractice? Thats just ridiculous.

Im so glad your vet was able to help.. save his life hopefully. I have me fingers crossed and the pups all have their toes crossed. Poor little guy..

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!