Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeding Time At the Park

Feeding Time At the Park

I'm sure you're all aware now that we feed a colony of ferals. Have TNR'd over 90 now at a park near out home. Here's a picture of some at feeding time.

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

CHICKENS!!!!! I love chickens....how fun!! Do they eat the same food as the cats???

That is so cool you do that! How many are in residence at the park now?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yes, and they bring the chicks to eat also. There's also rabbits, peacocks and pigeons that join in. We try and feed and sunset when these other animals are calling it a day and the cats are just waking.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

that is a cute pic.

Originally posted by K & L
    Yes, and they bring the chicks to eat also. There's also rabbits, peacocks and pigeons that join in. We try and feed and sunset when these other animals are calling it a day and the cats are just waking.
    The cats don't bother the chickens? That is really neat...it is just a regular park?

Yes, it's a huge public park. I rarely see a dead chicken, rabbit, or otherwise due to the cats. Guess we feed them too good!

are the kitties and animals kinda spoiled?

ROTFL K&L - I HAD TO LOOK AT THE PICTURE TWICE - CHICKENS!
    YEP CHICKENS! IN THE PARK!

LYNNE

Originally posted by lynnestankard
    ROTFL K&L - I HAD TO LOOK AT THE PICTURE TWICE - CHICKENS!
    YEP CHICKENS! IN THE PARK!

LYNNE
    Me too! That's why I got so excited!!

K&L, that is so nice of you to provide them with food! I've never seen animals at the parks out here...hmm...I wonder why? I wish we did have them.

Yes, it's a huge public park in our neighborhood.

I'm so glad that you're able to do this. I'm also surprised that the cats don't attack the chickens. Thanks for the pic.

Wow, I've never seen cats and chickens together! Great pic.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

That is a wonderful pic! if I counted right are there 12 cats there?

You are one in a million to care so much about those homeless cats. I really with they had warm loving homes to be in instead. But at least they have you!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Me too! That's why I got so excited!!

K&L, that is so nice of you to provide themwith food! I've never seen animals at the parks out here...hmm...I wonder why? I wish we did have them.

just thought kelly - the chickens obviously heard the cats were getting fed so thought - what the heck lets join in!!

lynne