Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recipes - Cakes, Cookies

Recipes - Cakes, Cookies

Yes, I know this may be a bad time to start this thread, as many are on a slimming diet, but I found this recipe, and have Flapjacks in the oven right now. Mine is slightly different, but the one in the link is SO easy - with pictures and all.

http://www.ukstudentlife.com/Britain...g/Flapjack.htm

Here's one I'll try next... why didn't I see that, I have almond essence. I'm using honey instead of syrup, and I put in a few cut up walnuts. I also sprinkle with cocunut.

Ingredients

4 oz (110 g) light brown soft sugar
    6 oz (175 g) butter
    1 dessertspoon golden syrup
    6 oz (175 g) porridge oats
    a few drops of almond essence

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 2, 300°F (150°C).

You will also need a 7? inch (19 cm) square baking tin, 1? inches (4 cm) deep, lightly greased.

To start, place the sugar, butter and golden syrup together in a medium saucepan and heat until the butter has melted. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats and a few drops of almond essence.

Now, press the mixture out over the base of the prepared tin, and bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting into oblong bars. Leave until cold before removing the flapjacks from the tin, then store in an airtight container.
    Last edited by Randi; 10-04-2008 at 03:28 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Here's one I HAVE to try!!

MOCHA ICE CREAM CUPCAKES!

http://teamsugar.com/group/462643/recipes/529354
    Mocha Ice Cream Cupcakes

Makes 6 cupcakes
    Prep Time: 30 min (plus 1 hour for chilling)

One 12-count box sugar ice cream cones
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped
    One 3-ounce bar semisweet chocolate, plus more for shavings
    3 cups coffee ice cream, softened
    1/2 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, finely chopped
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

1. Using a food processor, grind the ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Divide the crumb mixture among the cups of a 6-cup jumbo muffin pan and press about three-quarters of the way up the sides of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon almonds into each cup.

2. In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt 3 ounces chocolate at medium power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top the almonds with the melted chocolate to cover. Freeze for 10 minutes.

3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped espresso beans onto the ice cream and flatten with the back of a spoon. Add another 2 tablespoons ice cream and the remaining almonds and flatten again. Add the remaining ice cream and espresso beans, and flatten. Freeze for at least 1 hour.

4. Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.

5. Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups to remove from the pan. Top the cakes with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Any more cakes, cookies?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Snickerdoodles!!!!

Buy Pillsbury Sugar Cookie roll. Take a tablespoon of the dough and roll it in a ball. Then roll the ball in a mixture of cinnamon sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake as directed on the package.

YUMMY!!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

ok i just have to post my weight watchers florentine cookies, beware all my weight watcher friends, they are to die for, and even yummier if you keep them in the fridge, they are great to make as gifts at xmas time too, i save them for special occasions as i just cannot stop at one..

So here goes

FLORENTINES Makes 24 1 and half points per biscuit, so you have to make sure you make 24 for that to be correct ok.

2 and half cups of weight watchers tropical breakfast (the recipe is on the back of the packet).
    2/3rds cup (160) ml of sweetened condensed milk, I buy the LITE version which makes it even better for us.
    100 grams glace cherries,roughly chopped.
    100grms dark cooking chocolate, roughly chopped.

Method:

preheat oven to 180 degress celsius. line 2 baking trays with baking paper.

Combine cereal, condensed milk,and cherries in a large bowl.

Drop tablespoons of mixture onto prepared tray, shaping into round biscuits

Don't worry if they seem not to stick together very well, they do in the end, just make sure when you take them off the tray you leave them a few secs before removal, otherwise fall to bits.

Place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl, microwave on high for 1 minute, stir with a metal spoon, microwave another further minute or until melted and smooth when stirred.

Using a small palette knife thinly spread chocolate on the base of each cookie.

Cool to set, chocolate side up, on a wire rack, store in an airtight container for up to three days, believe me they won't even last that long, i also think you could drizzle some white or dark chocolate on the top, if you have one of those special little utensils for doing that, as i see in the stores they sell florentines and they look like that.

Good luck and ENJOY, they are simply delicious.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oatmeal cake with broiled icing

Oatmeal Cake w/ Broiled Icing

For the Cake
    1 cup quick cooking oats
    3/4 cup water, room temperature
    3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup light brown sugar
    1 large egg, room temperature
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the Broiled Icing
    1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
    3 tablespoons milk
    3/4 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
    1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven 350 degrees, with rack in the middle position. Spray an 8x8 inch baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

Combine the oats with the water in a small bowl until the water is absorbed. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. In a third bowl (if using a standing mixer, use your mixer bowl), combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter and beat until combined. Add vanilla and sugar and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture and beat the ingredients together. Finally, add the oats and mix until the ingredients are combined.

Using a spatula, smooth the batter until it is even across. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. The cake can be tested by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, it's ready to come out of the oven.

While letting the cake cool, turn on the broiler of your oven and move the oven rack down so that 8-10 inches are between the element and the rack. Whisk together the icing ingredients in a bowl. Once the cake has cooled slightly, pour the mixture onto the cake. Broil the cake for up to 5 minutes, until the top is golden.

Let the cake cool completely.

CMP Dessert

C.M.P. Dessert

1 1/2 cups flour
    3/4 cup margarine
    1 cup unsalted peanuts
    1/4-1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    18 ounces cream cheese
    1 cup confectioners' sugar
    1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, divided
    1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
    1 box instant vanilla pudding
    2 1/2 cups milk
    1. Mix flour, margarine and 1 cup peanuts.
    2. Mixture will be lumpy.
    3. Spread into a 9x13 dish.
    4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
    Mix peanut butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and 8
    oz cool whip.
    6. Add to 1st layer that you baked.
    7. Refrigerate this now, while making the 3rd layer.
    8. Combine the 2 puddings and milk in a bowl, pour over 2 layers.
    9. Top the dessert with the other 8 oz of Cool Whip, sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
    10. Refrigerate and chill upon serving.

All Natural Dandy Candies

I loved these when I was a kid, they are yummy, and healthy!

All Natural Dandy Candies
    (4H Club)

1/3 c. honey
    1/2 c. oatmeal
    1/2 c. peanut butter
    1/2 c. non-fat dry milk

Mix all ingredients ina bowl. ROll batter into walnut sized balls or into tootsie roll sized logs. Place on a plate or in a container and keep in a freezer.

Will keep well for many weeks like this.

Funny Cake

2 unbaked piecrusts

Cake
    2 1/2 c. flour
    1 1/2 c. sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 c. butter
    1 c. milk
    2 eggs
    1 tsp. salt

Sauce
    1 c. sugar
    1/2 c. cocoa
    3/4 c. hot water
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, cocoa, hot water and vanilla in a pot. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.

Beat eggs, sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla, milk and rest of dry ingredients.

Put 2/3 of the chocolate sauce in the bottom of 2 pie shells. Add cake batter on top. Drizzle rest of sauce over the top of the cakes.

Bake at 350* for 30-35 minutes.

Chocolate Cake
    (mom’s recipe)

2 c. flour
    2 c. sugar
    1 tsp. baking powder
    2 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. cocoa
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 c. oil
    2 eggs beaten
    1 c. milk
    1 c. coffee

Mix dry ingredients till well blended. Add liquids and blend well. Will be very sloppy batter, not thick.

Pour into two 8x8 pans or one 9x13 pan. Bake at 350* for 35 minutes.

Hot Milk Sponge Cake
    (from Greta Weave, 4H leader)

4 eggs
    2 c. sugar
    2 c. flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 c. scalded milk
    1/2 c. butter or margerine
    1 tsp. vanilla

Beat eggs well. Add in sugar. Beat until creamy. Add in flour and baking powder. Mix to combine.

Heat milk on stove with margerine and vanilla. Heat until bubbles form around rim of pot and all margerine is melted. Will be almost boiling. Add in vanilla before mixing into cake batter.

Add milk mixture to batter and blend until smooth.

Bake at 350*
    For cakes bake 35 minutes. For cupcakes, bake 20 minutes.
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 12-15-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: misspelling, added instructions

Lemon Sponge Custard

1/4 c. flour
    1 c. sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/2 c. lemon juice
    2 egg yolks
    1 c. milk
    2 egg whites beaten to soft peaks
    1 Tbsp lemon zest

Mix flour, sugar, salt. Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolks and milk. Fold in beaten egg whites (soft peaks). Pour into baking dish. Set into pan of hot water. Bake for 50 minutes at 350*.

Molasses Crumb Cake
    (from Times News Recipe booklet)

4 c. flour
    2 c. sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1 c. margerine cold
    1 1/2 c. dark molasses, karo and honey (1 c. molasses/ 1/3 c. karo, balance honey)
    2 c. boiling water
    2 tsp. baking soda

Mix flour, sugar, salt and margerine with pasty blender to form crumb mixture. Reserve 1 c. crumbs.

Boil water and pour in molasses, karo and honey. Stir until blended. Add baking soda and pour over crumbs in the mixing bowl while molasses mixture still foaming. Stir to combing, but leaving lumps of crumbs in batter. Pour into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top. Bake 45 - 50 minutes at 350*.

Fudgy Peanut Butter Pie

Crust
    1 prepared graham cracker crust
    6 oz. semi or bitter sweet chocolate chips melted

Filling
    3 Tbsp. butter softened
    1 1/2 c. smooth peanut butter
    1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
    3/4 c.Ricotta cheese
    1 c. heavy whipping cream
    1 Tbsp. sugar
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

With electric mixer, mix butter, peanut butter and sugar for 2 minutes until smooth. Add ricotta and mix for 1 minute more.

In separate bowl, whip cream with 1 Tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla until it holds a soft peak. Gently fold cream into peanut mixture making sure to incorporate all of the cream. Spoon filling into prepared shell, and refridgerate for 1-2 hours. Drizzle the remaining melted chips over the top of the pie and serve.

Crust
    With rubber spatula, smooth 2/3 of the melted chocolate over the bottom of the crust and part way up the sides. Put crust in freezer while making the filling. Save the rest of the melted chips for garnishing the top of the pie.

Seven Layer Cookie

Melt one stick of margerine in a 9 x 13 inch pan.

Sprinkle 1 c. of graham cracker crumbs over margerine

Sprinkle 1 c. coconut over graham cracker crumbs

Sprinkle half a package of semi sweet chocolate chips

Sprinkle on half a package of butterscotch chips

Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over top of chips

Sprinkle 1 1/2 c. chopped walnuts on top of it all

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.