1 1/2 c. sugar
    2 eggs
    2 3/4 c. flour
    2 tsp. cream of tartar
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. baking soda
    2 Tbsp. sugar
    2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together sugar and margerine and eggs. Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and refrigerate until chilled and stiff, at least 2 hours.

When ready to bake, roll into walnut sized balls. Dip into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheet 2” apart and bake at 400* for 8-10 minutes.

This is from one of my favorite picture books, Thundercake!

Thunder Cake
    (Patricia Polacco’s recipe)

1 c. crisco
    1 3/4 c. sugar
    1 tsp. vanilla
    3 egg yolks
    3 egg whites beaten to stiff peaks
    1 c. cold water
    1/3 c. pureed tomatoes
    2 1/2 c. flour
    1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt

Blend all wet ingredients together. Mix in dry ingredients. Fold in egg whites.

Bake in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan and dust with powdered sugar when cooled.

Watergate Cake and frosting (pistachio flavor)

Ok, I think this is my last one for now, lol. Was on a roll

Watergate Cake and Frosting

Cake
    1 box white cake mix
    1 large box instant pistachio pudding
    3 eggs
    1 c. oil
    1 c. ice cold ginger ale
    1/2 c. walnuts chopped

Mix all ingredients together. Pour batter into a 9x13 greased pan. Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
    2 pkgs. dream whip
    1 box pistachio pudding
    1 1/4 c. cold milk

Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric handheld mixer and beat until thick and creamy. Spread onto cooled cake and refrigerate cake.

ALL the recipes sound wonderful. But I ain't no effing Martha Stewart so I go the cheap and easy way. RICHARD, don't even think about it.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I came across this recipe and thought they sound yummy, can't remember what they're called, so I'll call them...

Almond cookies

50 g peeled almonds
    50 g marcipan
    150 g flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    120 g butter
    60 g sugar

Mix all ingredients, except flour and baking powder, in a foodprocessor. Stir the ingredients well. Then pour the flour and baking powder in, and mix it in on low speed. Put the dough in foil and leave in fridge for 30 min.

Now, roll about 50 balls and mash them a bit with a fork. Put on baking sheet and bake 8-10 min. on 175 C. (medium to low I think)

BTW!! Does the "c" in all your recipes stand for cup?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I came across this recipe and thought they sound yummy, can't remember what they're called, so I'll call them...

Almond cookies

50 g peeled almonds
    50 g marcipan
    150 g flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    120 g butter
    60 g sugar

Mix all ingredients, except flour and baking powder, in a foodprocessor. Stir the ingredients well. Then pour the flour and baking powder in, and mix it in on low speed. Put the dough in foil and leave in fridge for 30 min.

Now, roll about 50 balls and mash them a bit with a fork. Put on baking sheet and bake 8-10 min. on 175 C. (medium to low I think)

BTW!! Does the "c" in all your recipes stand for cup?
    I HAVE to make these!!! I love marzipan!!! My favorite of all "cookies" from Sweden were "Mazariner", or almond cookies that were like little filled cups with almond paste. YUMMMMM!!!

In my recipes, the abbreviations are as follows:

C = cup
    tsp = teaspoon
    tbsp = tablespoon
    oz = ounce
    lb = pound
    pt = pint (16 liquid ounces, or 2 cups)
    qt = quart (32 liquid ounces, or 4 cups)

LOL! I LOVE marcipan too, that why I saved this recipe. If you make it before me, do let me know how it turns out! The thing is, I don't have a foodprocessor, but I'll think of another way - I could probably grind it.

Thanks for the meassures, I thought that "c" might be a cup - but how big a cup! A normal coffee cup, or a mug? My guess would be 2 deciliters. Anyway, I posted a conversion table in one of the other recipe threads.

Oh yes, I know mazarin cake. In this link there's a classic one - see picture right side!
    http://www.opskrifter.dk/Opskrift_10...ml?g_comment=1
    Last edited by Randi; 04-03-2011 at 12:11 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

ok.. now I´m hungry.... LOL...

there´s this marshmallow/rice crispies treat... so easy I forgot... LOL

you melt the marshmallow in with something... (milk, water... not sure) LOL .. not too watery

then add the rice crispies or frosted flakes or whatever cereal you want and make lil balls or place in a bowl and cut...

and there you have....

haha.. will check what the marshmallow is melted with and edit
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thanks for the meassures, I thought that "c" might be a cup - but how big a cup! A normal coffee cup, or a mug? My guess would be 2 deciliters. Anyway, I can it up. And I posted a conversion table in one of the other recipe threads.

Oh yes, I know mazarin cake. In this link there's a classic one - see picture right side!
    http://www.opskrifter.dk/Opskrift_10...ml?g_comment=1

U.S. to Metric
    Capacity
    1/5 teaspoon = 1 ml
    1 teaspoon = 5 ml
    1 tablespoon = 15 ml
    1 fluid oz. = 30 ml
    1/5 cup = 50 ml
    1 cup = 240 ml
    2 cups (1 pint) = 470 ml
    4 cups (1 quart) = .95 liter
    4 quarts (1 gal.) = 3.8 liters

Weight
    1 oz. = 28 grams
    1 pound (16 ounces) = 454 grams

Metric Weight
    30g = 1 ounce plus a large pinch (haha)
    125 grams = 1/4 pound plus 1/4 ounce
    250 grams = 1/2 pound plus less than an ounce
    500 grams = 1 pound plus 1 2/3 ounces
    0.750 kg = 1 1/2 pounds plus about 2 1/2 ounces
    1 kg = 2 pounds plus about 3 1/2 ounces

Weight
    1 gram = .035 ounce
    100 grams = 3.5 ounces
    500 grams = 1.10 pounds
    1 kilogram = 2.205 pounds
    1 kilogram = 35 oz.

Cooking Measurement Equivalents
    16 tablespoons = 1 cup
    12 tablespoons = 3/4 cup
    10 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons = 2/3 cup
    8 tablespoons = 1/2 cup
    6 tablespoons = 3/8 cup
    5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon = 1/3 cup
    4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup
    2 tablespoons = 1/8 cup
    2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons = 1/6 cup
    1 tablespoon = 1/16 cup
    2 cups = 1 pint
    2 pints = 1 quart
    3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon
    48 teaspoons = 1 cup

First of two faves from Sweden

Mazariner

Basic pastry dough:
    100g butter
    3/4 dl sugar
    1 egg yolk
    1 1/2 dl flour

Cream butter and sugar together. Stir in the egg yolk. Add the flour and work the dough with your hands till well blended and smooth. Chill until ready to use.

Filling:
    100g. butter
    1/2 dl. sugar
    225g. almond paste
    3 eggs
    1/2 dl flour

Frosting
    2 dl powdered sugar
    2 tbsp water

Preheat oven to 175* C. prepare the pastry dough. Shape the dough into a long log and cut into 18 pieces. Press each piece into a buttered muffin tin to coat the bottom and the sides.

To make the filling, beat together the butter, sugar and the almond paste. When creamy and free from lumps, beat in the eggs one at a time.

Stir in the flour. Blend well. Spoon the filling into the dough lined muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. let cool for 5 minutes and gently unmold from tins.

Stir the powdered sugar with the water to make a thin glaze; spread on top of the pastries while still slightly warm. Or simply sift the powdered sugar over the pastries. Serve mazarins warm or at room temp. Makes 18.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images-2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	41142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180px-Mazariner1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	41143  
    Last edited by jennielynn1970; 12-15-2008 at 04:17 PM.

Seems that yours are completely different. LOL! They sound extremely yummy, I'll have to try them!

2nd of my favorites from Sweden

Saffron Bread
    (This is a Christmas bread)

1 envelope active dry yeast or 50g fresh yeast
    1/2 dl warm water
    100g. butter
    2 dl light cream
    1 dl sugar
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 egg
    1/2 g. powdered saffron
    8 dl/ 400g. flour
    beaten egg
    raisins

In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in the warm water. In small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the cream to the butter, and pour the lukewarm mixture into the yeast. Beat in the sugar, salt, egg and saffron. Gradually stir in the flour and work the dough till smooth. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and shiny. Pinch off small pieces of dough. Shape into 1cm wide strips about 18cm long. Shape how you please, or into the Lussekatter shape attached below (like an S shape, with ends turned in).

Place buns on a baking sheet and cover with cloth. Let rise till double, about 1 hour. Garnish with a raisin in each curl, and brush with beaten egg.

Bake in a preheated oven 200*C for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes 20 saffron buns.

I make both of these pastries almost every year for Christmas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images-1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.5 KB 
ID:	41140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	41141  

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    ok.. now I´m hungry.... LOL...

there´s this marshmallow/rice crispies treat... so easy I forgot... LOL

you melt the marshmallow in with something... (milk, water... not sure) LOL .. not too watery
    You melt the butter, and then add the marshmallow to it to melt that into the butter.

LOVE me some rice krispie treats. Those store bought ones DO NOT do justice to home made ones!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thanks Jenn!!

The Dandy Candies and Seven Layer Cookies are on my list to make next week. Can you tell I like "easy"????

Today I made doggie Christmas cookies and they turned out great - according to Myndi and Sparky anyway!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Seems that yours are completely different. LOL! They sound extremely yummy, I'll have to try them!
    I found pictures, and posted them on the recipe thread. They do look totally different, lol. I think you Scandinavians use a lot of almonds, blended and what not, and it's just so darn good!!

My first choice for student exchange was Denmark, but they didn't have enough host families, so I went to Sweden. I can't complain though. I loved it there. The food, well, some was good, some eh. They have this sausage stuff called KORV. I am NOT a fan of it!! Their ice cream was to die for, as were their pastries and candies!! I fell in love with gyros over there (they called them kebabs), and Swedish pizza with tuna and shrimp.. YUMMMM!!!