Thread: Wolf help

Wolf help

Nov 7th, Dh was sitting down at the pc having his first cup of coffee...He turned to look out the window and was eye to eye with a wolf! He grabbed the camera and took some pics from inside put them on the pc and one was his screen saver. Curiosity got the best of him and he went outside with the camera to see if he was still here and to make sure our outside cats were ok.
    I wake up fix my coffee sit at the pc and see this pic of the wolf....I thought oh pretty wolf...but wait...that's my picnic table and bird bath.....I jumped up grabbed hot dogs out of the fridge and ran out the door. DH sees me and softly yells he's over there....I slowly go over to him and offer him a hot dog...he comes to me slowly and GENTLY takes a small bite of the hot dog as I'm still holding it. He seems to be friendly. DH and I take in strays and had 8 pit bulls at the time...We now have a stray friendly wolf. I take another hot dog and lead him into an empty dog pen...110ftx60 ft, 4 ft tall with electric on top and bottom of fence. (I'm on the highway and it's better to keep a large animal behind electric to keep them from getting hit) The wolf follows me into the pen where I check him over cautiously. I told my DH whoever lost him has to be heart broke. We put a lost add in the paper and it took almost a week to be in the paper....I bonded with this wolf and even named him Kai. A man calls me almost 2 weeks later stating he was missing a wolf...He goes on to tell me his name is Dusty Rhodes....I think nut right away....I ask him what the wold looks like....he tells me he's missing 2 wolves one white arctic and one blk/gray. I think ya buddy this covers most wolves....I ask if he could give us any identifying marks....he said he just got the blk/gray wold a few days before it ran off. I told Mr Rhodes I wasn't feeling well he could come over the next day and we will see if it was his Wolf. I hang up and tell DH about this nut calling....we decided that the person who claims him should have some kind of paper work, so we must get proof it is his before releasing the wolf.
    Next day rolls around and this man pulls up in a jaguar, walks over to the pen (we were out back) and we knew it was his wolf. Mr Rhodes was very impressed with the living quarters and the dog house which is heated, he sees how me and the wolf bonded....He mentioned he wasn't equipped to have such a large animal told us he wasn't attached to him yet and asked if we wanted him! We do know he is 90% Canadian Timber Wolf. He's about 2-3 years old. He's been vet checked as well and is in excellent health.
    Kai is a very loving wolf and we spend a lot of time together. I'm disabled but manage to walk him daily for 2 hours. He is a big ball of furry love. He is def a pet. In about a month he'll have 3 acres of land to roam...(Fencing in the yard) and he seems very happy. He gets along very well with other dogs and CATS! He walks on a leash better than any dog I've ever had...he walks beside me.
    Where can I go to find out more about having a wolf as a pet?

Here are a few pics of him.

He certainly looks like a wolf, especially in the last picture. Very handsome boy! If what that guy told you was the truth since the dog is not 100% wolf it is considered a wolf-dog. There are laws in the United States about owning them, regulations, confinement, etc. Some states don't even allow them I believe. I found this website:
    http://www.floridalupine.org/regulat...egulations.htm

Kai is a very beautiful wolf-dog. Thank you for taking him in and loving him!

I had a wolf-dog we adopted as a stray when I lived in Northern Alberta and he was a wonderful loving companion to kids and cats alike - very protective too.

His main fault was he loved to chew on everything so make sure he has plenty of enormous bones and maybe a kong or two

Good luck with your lovely pet and pats all round for the pit bulls too by the way.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Beautiful! Congratulations on the new addition.

I see you are in Florida... any chance that Mr. Dusty Rhodes was the WWE/WWF wrestler - Dusty Rhodes?

Quote Originally Posted by LoudLou
    Beautiful! Congratulations on the new addition.

I see you are in Florida... any chance that Mr. Dusty Rhodes was the WWE/WWF wrestler - Dusty Rhodes?
    Yep thats him so I'm told. The American Dream I think is what they call him.

Florida may have laws etc but in my area but they aren't enforced. A lot have wolves here I am finding out...even the police....No one has a pure 100% wolf around here and breeders breed them with Huskies, Shepherds those types of dogs. 63% is highest I could find. Kai is a hybrid.
    So far he isn't a big chewer....he does love my home made treats tho lol
    I have been approached with breeing him with a White Artic wolf...being a hybrid not sure he can reproduce LOL

very cute!!... I did see husky and GSD also.... but anyway he´s gorgeous!!

will look forward to see more of him and the rest of your crew
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

he certainly is gorgeous! you are so lucky to have a tame wolf as a pet.i absolutely LUV wolves.