Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random facts about yourself.

- I am 26 years old and dont have my own car
    - I never want children of my own, but adore my Nephew and soon to be (due today) neice or nephew .
    - I have never been in a serious relationship
    - I have a fear of being by myself for the rest of my life
    - As above i have a fear of dieing alone
    - The dogs and I no longer compete in Flyball
    - I am really wanting to get Elvis into competitive Agility this year.. to the point it has become an obsession
    - I have been sitting here pondering life the last 10 minutes or so, and do that often
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Get ready for MY list

- I can move my ears in different directions!
    - I hate to be startled, so no scary movies for me
    - I talk to much
    - My breakfats table is always a mess
    - I am shy of sudden noises
    - I cannot help but correct other people when they talk and make mistakes.
    - I can write in 4 directions: from right to left, from left to right, and with both of my hands
    - My memory has huge holes; more holes than memeory
    - My big toes are 1,5 cm longer than second one! It makes it difficult to find good fitting shoes!
    - I saw my brain in slices too, Karen
    - I can read things that are upside down; like my hubby's paper when I stand right in front of him, or what people write down!
    - I am terrified of spiders
    - I am afraid of hights
    - I have to loose lots of weight, but lack motivation to be strict....
    - I am sick, of being sick....!!
    - I love my new hobby: making 3D cards
    - I hate smoking; especially when people smoke knowing well that I cannot stand it...
    - I never wear make up; on very seldom cases I use an eye-pencil...
    - And last but not least : I am addicted to PT !!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

*I've been drawn toward wolves ever since I was a young child
    *I've always loved dogs
    *I've never been without a dog
    *I love my dogs, I would do anything for them. Sometimes they are the only thing that makes me happy.
    *I love nature...I feel like a different person when I'm up in the mountains.
    *I stopped going to church a long time ago...feeling connected to nature when I'm up there is my religious experience.
    *I love hiking and camping
    *Except I'm afraid of running into a bear (I did last summer, but I was on a 4-wheeler)
    *I like tomatoes, but only in sauces and salsa, I will not eat them plain or on sandwiches. Actually I the only things I want on a sandwich are meat, cheese, and lettuce.
    *I hate pineapple
    *I love chocolate...and ice cream...and pretty much every dessert. Sugar is my weakness.
    *I'm 23 and I've only been kissed once, by somebody I didn't even like
    *I've never lived away from home. I've considered moving out, but its very hard to find a place that will allow 2 bigger dogs.
    *I love to travel and see new places
    *I'm generally very shy. I can talk to people I know very well and usually complete strangers...but not people that sort of know me.
    *I'm terrible at conversations. I'll reply if somebody talks to me, but I usually can't start one.
    *U2 has been my favorite band for 14 years. I've seen them in concert several times and finally met them at Sundance this year. I've waited in line 12+ hours to get a good spot on the floor for a concert.
    *I'm a little OCD when it comes to checking things...I have to check all the doors at night to make sure they are locked, sometimes more than once. I have to check that everything is turned off and I unplug everything that isn't used daily.
    *I have two siblings, one brother and one sister, they are twins, 5 years older than me.
    *I like kids, but small children make me nervous. I will not hold a newborn baby. I've never changed a diaper in my life and don't intend to unless I have kids of my own.
    *I'm really bad at swimming, I still like going in the water, just not where I can't touch...I panic.
    *I've been working on a 2-year college degree since 2003. I just take a few classes here and there.
    *I was pretty much a straight A student in high school, and I have mostly been in college as well. The lowest grade I've ever received was a C in my college history class, and that wasn't my fault...long story.
    *However I'm a huge slacker, I leave everything to the last minute
    *I hate writing papers!
    *I love photography. I can be outside taking photos of my dogs for hours without even realizing it. I take way too many pictures, I probably annoy people I'm with because I'm always photographing. I like to document events, like taking photos along the way of a trip or something.
    *I hate reading instruction manuals. I just like messing with things and figuring them out as I go.
    *I'm quite particular with spending money, I prefer to save most of it...my theory is someday I'll need it to buy a house. I usually just spend money on the dogs, if I buy something expensive for myself its usually either a camera or a vacation.
    *I buy clothes based on if I like the way they look, I don't care at all what brand they are. I don't see the need to spend a ton of money on brands.
    *I'm not a "girly-girl"...I would never spend a ton on fancy purses, make-up, perfume, etc.
    *I've never smoked or used drugs, and I never will.
    *I avoid doctors, hospitals, and taking any medications as much as possible.
    *I hate touching raw meat, it grosses me out.
    *My job is a pet groomer, I have been for over 5 years.
    *Which makes me a bit obsessive about keeping my dogs clean...I don't like their coats to feel dirty at all.
    *When I see dogs blowing coat and little chunks of hair sticking out it really makes me want to brush the dog and get the clumps out.
    *I was allergic to cats and horses as a child, but I'm not now.
    *I used to catch bugs (grasshoppers, praying mantis, butterflies, etc.) all the time when I was a kid.
    *But I hate spiders! I can leave them on the walls/ceiling in the house as long as they are not in my room, I can't sleep if I know there's a spider in my room. I think tarantulas are pretty cool, except I'm not sure I would dare hold one.
    *I sometimes talk, and walk, in my sleep. I've been known to move things around in my room when I'm asleep.
    *I have a good memory, but its selective. I can remember a dog I groomed years ago but forget about something somebody told me to do an hour ago.
    *I enjoy drawing and painting, but I have a hard time getting "inspired" to create anything.

Ok I'll stop now...
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 02-06-2008 at 10:33 PM.

wow... there´s lotsa things about me.... but It´ll take forever.... so here´s a few

* I love last-minute-to-do-something rush... (when having to make something and wait till last minute it does turn out better for me)
    * I looooove cheese.... I can´t eat anything without cheese.... If there´s no cheese I rather not eat at all...
    * I can´t start a conversation...... until I get warmed up...
    * I´m very very shy and quiet
    * I laugh ver loud
    * I cry when I laugh
    * I love thriller/drama movies ( the ones keeping you on your toes)
    * I eat weird food combinations, but yet I´m way too picky.... for everything I eat there´s like 10 I don´t...
    * I love anything involved with Huskies, Wolves, Penguins and I tend to collect anything about them
    * I can´t seem to get rid of junk (which I collect too )
    * I´m a good listener... but when I need someone to listen me I often talk to myself...(I just can´t seem to open up)
    * I don´t like feeling vulnerable so I don´t show it...even when I am
    * I hate medicine... if I can be without it I´ll hang in there until I can no more
    * I have to siblings.. one sister 4 yrs younger and a brother 12 years younger
    * since I was 10 I´ve been around huskies and never have been without one
    * my first dog (which I bought) was a husky mix but died of parvo (I was like 9) then my dad bought me my first purebred husky (10)
    * I moved to another city and took my husky with me, I didn´t cared about school and friends as long as I could take my husky
    * since ever I´ve had no friends... I´ve had schoolmates and all, but never ever hanged out with anyone ever.... you are my only friends, you I can talk with and share and rely on
    * I have very low self esteem
    * I stopped people with horse drawn vehicles just to pet the horses
    * I´ve never smoked or drinked in my life (I´m 29)

ok I think those are plenty for now.. I´ll be back later with more
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

- I ALWAYS mapquest if I haven't been there yet. I hate getting lost, but am very prone to it
    - I have to crack my back and neck throughout the day or it locks up and gets uncomfortable
    - I have my dogs paw prints tattooed onto my forearm and plan on getting their portraits tattooed on my arm, turning it into a full sleeve
    - I *HATE* going to the gym. I have no problem with working out while playing a game of soccer, basketball, etc.. I get bored running on a treadmill.
    - I bite my nails. I finally saw a nail tech and got sculptured nails to prevent me from biting.
    - I've gone through about 5 years of Chinese school. The only thing I know how to write in Chinese is my name.
    - I plan on opening a dog daycare/training facility in Squamish, BC in the next few years. After the business is steady, I'd like to expand and open a Vancouver store.
    - Kaedyn is the reason I professionally train dogs
    - My boyfriend is planning on proposing by the summer
    - I've already planned half the wedding in my head
    - I'd like to have 3-4 kids (my s/o wants 2-3 )
    - I watch very little TV. I NEVER, EVER miss Prison Break though.
    - I'm a horrible procrastinator. Keeva was supposed to be my first show dog. She's over a year old and still hasn't been registered yet.
    - I play furry-paws.com religiously
    - I love photography. I had my boyfriend promise me to build me a darkroom when we buy a house.
    - I would love to flip a house one day. I'm constantly looking at potential flips, even though I can't afford to flip yet.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by binka_nugget
    - I have to crack my back and neck throughout the day or it locks up and gets uncomfortable
    LOL me too!!.... hubby freaks out with the noise I make LOL

* I love to see maps beforehand... but I´m pretty oriented regardless....

* I always always have to read instructions... even for thing I´ve done before...like coloring my hair... I always read the instructions, and I don´t think they´ve changed LOL

* I´m the handy man...... LOL
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Okay, here goes. No particular order.

-I'm 41, the youngest of three children. I'm 11 years younger than my brother, 14 years younger than my sister.
    -My brother has three children and my sister has one daughter. I have three nieces and a nephew, whom I am so proud of!
    -Cassie is the first cat I've ever had.
    -I was double promoted (skipped second grade) which I would not encourage anyone to do to their kids. I don't think they do it as much today. The cut-off date for kindergarten when I started was Dec. 1 (it's now Sept. 1), so I am a full year younger than everyone else in my class.
    -I'm "officially" right-handed, but I eat with my left hand. I sort of function left-handed -- example, in choir I hold the music in my right hand and reach across to turn the pages with my left, which is the opposite of just about everyone I sing with.
    -I played the flute from 4th grade through college, didn't touch it for a good 10 years after that, and picked it up again about 10 years ago for church.
    -I put 100,000 miles on a car for the first time with my previous car.
    -"When in doubt, read the directions" applies to me! I start puttering, and then if I can't figure it out I go to the instructions.
    -I won the junior high spelling bee in eighth grade.
    -I totally agree with WolfQ on the subject of tomatoes!
    -I am terrible with time ... my friends and family joke about "Elyse time" because I am always, always late. This is a trait I would like to be rid of!
    -I'm a terrible pack-rat. This is another trait I would like to be rid of!
    -I have an irrational fear of traffic jams. I don't like the sensation of being unable to go anywhere.
    -I don't smoke, and I probably drink about 4 or 5 alcoholic beverages a year. (A beer at the Cubs game, a glass of champagne on New Year's Eve, a Guinness for Saint Patrick's day, that sort of thing.)
    -The farthest I've ever traveled- Russia, with a church work team. I'd go again if the opportunity came up.
    -I proposed; he turned me down because we're too much alike. (We're both still single!)
    -My second toes extend just slightly past my great toes.
    -I saw my spinal cord in thin slices when I hurt my back at work and had an MRI. When the tech found out I'm a nurse, he showed me the MRI of a previous patient because it was so unusual.
    -And... If I could make my career selection all over again, I would not choose nursing. I was a hospital volunteer in high school, assigned to the hospital library -- perfect assignment for a chubby, shy introvert! I'd probably head straight for a career in library science if I had it to do again.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

• I'm 20 and do not drive. I've been afraid to forever, especially since I have horrible vision.
    • Reguardless of my horrible vision (I wear glasses) I'd like to think I'm a great photographer. When I first started photography I could barely see what was in front of me.
    • I'm constantly thinking to myself "that would make an awesome picture" which is why I have a camera with me 24/7.
    • I have a love/hate relationship with my job.
    • I just started dating last year, by choice. I never had much of an interest/have been to shy in previous years.
    • I love anything and everything about natures. Walks, hikes, the sea, the sky, etc. It makes me feel so peaceful.
    • I listen to just about any type of music. I used to be a music snob but now I listen to everything.
    • I adore my dogs and everything about them. They make the worst days livable.
    • I have an odd sense of humor but can adjust it to whomever I'm around.
    • I LOVE just riding around or hanging out with friends and singing along to songs.
    • My most favorite movie ever is The Lion King - I also adore the sequels.
    • My second favorite movie is Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Hills Have Eyes.
    • I adore gorey movies.
    • I can't stand the sight of blood in person.
    • I can't touch human wounds but am fully capable of dealing with a dog wound. My hands have been covered in my dog's blood before (cutting the quick or other wounds) and it didn't phase me.
    • I can play the guitar, a few songs, but not the greatest.

My list is getting too long already.

*I’m 19
    *Sophomore in College
    *Majoring in Applied Biology/Pre-Veterinary medicine
    *If I didn't want to be a Vet so badly I'd be a Coroner
    *My favorite color is orange
    *I love meeting new people, yet I’ve been known to be a “people hater”
    *I’m quiet, until I get to know you
    *I have a twin brother
    *I'm incredibly easy going and generally easy to please
    *Outdoors = Life. Camping/hiking is my most favorite thing.
    *I miss my dogs more than anything while I'm at school
    *Dog agility is my sport of choice
    *I avoid elevators
    *I had an extra bone removed from my foot
    *I eat popcorn kernels
    *Minesweeper is one of my favorite games
    *I played the tuba in my high school marching band
    *I "dislike" little children, but they love me for some reason
    *I'm a boy scout
    *I avoid taking any sort of medicine at all costs
    *Slugs creep me out, as does soggy bread
    *I can get along with almost anyone
    *I procrastinate way too often
    *I HATE talking on phones or calling people
    *I fall asleep during movies
    *I've had my fair share of bad party experiences
    *I weighed 3lbs 3 oz when I was born.
    *I can't sleep in beds with the sheets tucked in

...eh, that is all.

Then there's me!

Hi! Here's a few facts aout me. *I'm one of the oldest PTers here. *I'm one of the handful of male Pters. *I'm a golf course groundskeeper. *I'm right-handed. * I hate lima beans, but love cauliflower and brocchli. *I'm diabetic and have Atrial Fibrillation. *I have an artificial left knee. I'm deathly afraid of lightning and I very afraid of going to funeral homes (I'd avoid my own funeral if I could do it!). * I'm a bachelor. I'll try to think of some more.

OK hmm...

-I was named after Zara Philips and my middle name after my aunt who died of leukaemia before I was born.
    -I could sit up and crawl far earlier than most babies are expected to be able to do so, so much so the midwives were worried I may be abnormal
    - My ring finger on my right hand is really spasmodic; i.e. it jerks about randomly if I hold my hand flat and still, as when I broke my little finger next to it, the ring finger was slightly dislocated and never popped back in.
    - I am double jointed (ish) in my hip joints
    - I have a type of sub-anaemia
    - I cannot stand celery
    - I scar extremely easily
    - I get better marks for my homework if I do it in the early hours of the morning (i.e. 1am etc) than if I do it in the evening! I'm a real night owl.
    - I can bend my back backwards until my spine is nearly 90 degrees.
    - I can half-dislocate my right shoulder
    - I am rather partial to salad cream and salt and vinegar crisp sandwiches. No idea how I discovered that combination.
    - I'm fine with heights but the idea of falling freaks the heck out of me.
    - I can't drink a hot drink with hot food. It's just not right!
    -I pronounce 'been' and 'seen' as 'bin' and 'sin', but not for 'green'. That's Lancastrian logic for you, lol.
    -I also have a lazy tongue when it comes to pronouncing 'th' (comes out as either 'ff' or 'vv'), but I can say it if I really want to.
    - I have frequent 'blonde moments', despite the fact I'm brunette.
    - If I could change myself physically I'd have better teeth and a less crooked nose.
    - My hair is naturally poker straight.
    - I don't like it when people say the words 'tender' and 'jambouree'. I don't have a clue why.
    - Even though I'm apparently clever , I've been told I have some of the ditsiest expressions and voice tones people have ever seen/heard
    - When around people older than me, I'm generally quiet and smiley. When I'm around people my own age, I'm loud, sarcastic, and jokey. When I'm around people younger than me, I'm usually a bit snooty.

There must be more...I'll have to keep thinking!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Here are a few for me:

-I can't live without my IPod. If my mom takes it away from my for some reason I go through "IPod withdraw" as my mom calls it.
    -I'm an vegatarian (did I spell it right?)
    -I have to wear a jacket under my other jacket when it's cold.
    -I was supposed to be named Samantha, but my mom changed her mind because her friends named her daughter Samantha too.
    -My arm is double jointed. I can bend my arm in. It's really weird.
    -I have to crack my knuckles. I can't stop it.
    -I was a gum chewer. I chewed about one 17 pack a week. When I got my braces on, I started eating mints since I couldn't chew any gum.
    -I love rollercoasters! The faster, the better!
    -I'm good in school. I get B's, maybe a couple A's.
    -I am a huge Taylor Swift fan.
    -My other favorite singer is Avril Lavigne.
    -My favorite band is Fall Out Boy. I love their song Dance, Dance.
    -I am obessed with American Idol and Lost.
    -If I watch a scary movie, it has to be during the day. I'm a big baby when it comes to scary movies.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll add more if I think of more.
    Last edited by KittyGurl; 02-06-2008 at 06:33 PM.
    Thank you so much for my siggy, kittycats_delight!

This was a fun thread to read!

I am 22.
    I will soon be a college graduate with two degrees.
    I get along with my parents very well.
    I have a baby brother that is 19 months.
    He is my world.
    I hate pickles & mustard. If the burger has that on it, I will not eat it.
    I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
    My endo system is out of whack.
    I hate mustard, but I like honey mustard on my chicken fingers.
    I have hypothyroidism that makes me makes my face swell at times.
    I love scary movies.
    I like to laugh.
    I love God.
    I'm addicted to Myspace, but dislike facebook.
    I'm always arrive about 15-20 minutes before my appt or class.
    I'm almost never late.
    I volunteer at my local animal shelter.
    I can be moody.
    I can't wait to get married and have children. Maybe even adopt.
    I adore babies.
    I am a bit of a tomboy.
    I was raised entirely around boys.
    My entire family is involved in wrestling.
    Wrestling is a big deal to my family.
    I love to help people and animals.
    I'm an internet junkie.
    I have been a HUGE Hanson fan since I was 11. Everyone knows it.

Well thats all that I can think of.

This has been an interested thread! I don't think that there is one person that I already knew everything they listed.

-I have been married for 7 1/2 years. Ralph and I met at school in Cincinnati (hence Cincy's name)my freshman year. He was dating my next door neighbor, who had gone to high school with my roommate's sister. We didn't start dating until the end of his senior year and the first two months we were a couple, he was in Mexico for work.

-I love doing therpay work with our dogs I was President of our local chapter for 3 years.

-I am extermely competitive

-I love sports. I have not missed a softball season since I started playing in 3rd grade, often playing on 2 or more teams each season. I also play soccer and volleyball. I used to play basketball and was onthe track team, I took stat for basketball and wrestling and joined themarching band for the free buss ride to football games. I also manage 4 fantasy football teams.

-I love to drive. If I am having a stressful day at work, I have been known to go drive for my lunch hour to relax. Fast cars, or big trucks are my favorite.

-I Love racing. Nascar is my absolute favorite, but I also enjoy dirt tracks, and drag racing. I am addicted tot he Speed channel.

-I enjoy my job. I get to talk to people all over the world, and on occsasion travel around the country. I have presented at a national conference and have 4 pushlished (co-author) journal articles, with a 5th to come out in May.

1. I hate...absolutely hate......slamming doors. There is no reason for it.
    2. I must park straight in a parking stall. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for me to back out then forward again just to be straight.
    3. I must make my bed every day.
    4. I have a severe case of the shakes if I have to drive in the snow...even an inch or two can send me running for the bus stop....and I drive an SUV. (OK, you folks from the East can start laughing at me now... )
    5. Music is a big part of my life. I listen to my CD's whenever I'm in the car and sing my heart out.
    6. I have zero tolerance for inconsiderate people.
    7. I do not wear makeup nor do I colour my hair. I believe in being natural and believe that all women are beautiful without all that "goop".
    8. I must sleep on the right side of my bed.
    9. My last "date" was in 1994 and I vow to remain single until the day I die. Men.....yuck!!!!
    10. I hate, hate, hate shopping of any kind.
    I'm sure there's more but I'll think of them later.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.