Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random facts about yourself.

-I am PETRIFIED of insects!
    -I have a fear of falling down a flight of stairs, and know that is how I am going to die.
    -I will spend money on my pets, my friends, strangers, ANYONE, but buying something for myself is almost impossible.
    -I was an honor student my entire school career and my first, only and lowest grade was a C+ in political science in my first year of college. (and I was devestated!)
    -My first car was a '68 blue Pontiac LeMans, and I hand painted it BRIGHT YELLOW!
    -I suffer from depression and take Zoloft. (and I wish I had been diagnosed a WHOLE lot sooner)
    -I have ridden an elephant and a camel.
    -There were only 10 individuals in my high school graduating class, and we were considered a LARGE class!
    -I have never drunk an entire alchoholic beverage. (I have tasted wine/beer/champagne, but never had more than 1 sip. Now I don't even bother to have that sip.)
    -I have NEVER smoked a cigarette.
    -I HATE calling friends on the phone because I always feel I will be disturbing them at a bad time.
    -A cat's purr is my favorite sound.
    -I've never had children, and I am not sorry.
    -My wedding was outside and I sewed my own dress and put together my bouquet.

-I am sure there are other things WANT to say, but can't think right now.

> Both my thumbs can band right back as if there broken.
    > I don't like pie, yogurt, bananas, and cake.
    > Crows seem so follow me as if their watching me so sometimes I call back at them and they'll fly right over to me making more noise lol.
    > I came in first place for the 1500 race in grade 8.
    > I always seem to rip up paper in my hands because I forget that I'm holding it and I have ripped up bus tickets, money and a whole bunch of other things so when I go out I tell my friends to hold my tickets.
    > Sometimes I'll just go out alone in storms sit on a bench and listen to the wind.
    > In the summer I go on top of my garage roof and sometimes I'll sleep up there.
    > I'm very, very shy and hate talking to people I don't know unless it's online lol.
    > I do 40 to 50 sit ups a night before I go to bed.
    > I hate people who wear fur and countries that eat dogs, cats, horses ect....
    > I'm half Yugoslavian and Ojibway... altho my native shows more.
    > My favorite color is green and my number 11.
    > I've feed wild baby racoons and had them crawl on my back playing with me.
    > I never want children and think more people should adopt because there's too many humans as it is.
    > I tend to swear and talk too loud at the wrong moments... even in front of little kids lol.
    > I plan on being a photographer for my life and rescuing wild birds.
    > I laugh way too much and I can be very immature but I don't care.
    > I don't have any pericings and never will.
    > I don't wear make up because I don't need it.
    > I'm very impatient & hate waiting for things I want.
    > All my pants are skinny jeans.
    > I've never drank any alcohol in my life.

- I am hearing impaired
    - I am 4'10"
    - I have a boyfriend, his name is Mike.
    - I don't have kids, but I would love to someday.
    - I love Siberian Huskies and Wolves.
    - I am very shy, but I am not shy when it comes to getting to know me. I am quite the chatterbox.
    - I have failed one class in college and that was Algebra.
    - I am very artistic, and art is my major.
    - My favorite beer is Rolling Rock.
    - My favorite food is anything Italian.
    - I love chocolate chip cookies, especially my mom's homemade cookies.
    - My favorite fast food restaurant is Chipotle. (haha)
    - I have the world's worst temper, yet I do not show it in front of my friends, but my family and sometime in front of Mike, it often slips.
    - I am terrified of the thought of never finding the life I am meant to live. So I live every day to the last.
    - My favorite actor is Matthew McCoughaney.
    - I am very conscious of my right eye, which is a lazy eye. I feel it is what "makes" me as an individual.
    - I have NEVER smoked a cigarette, and I have no desire to.
    - I love country music, especially GARTH BROOKS!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Some more I thought of after reading some of other people's...

-PICKY PICKY eater
    -On this work sheet we have to do where you can't use "dead" verbs or if i'm looking for a more "interesting" word I tend to write ((or almost)) write it in spanish, though none of my family is spanish and i've only taken 2 years of it.

- Famous country artists I have met: Kenny Chesney, Montgomery Gentry, Phil Vassar, Dierks Bentley, Rascal Flatts, Trent Willmon, Chris Cagle (4x), Big & Rich, Lonestar (4x), Trick Pony, Aaron Lines, Billy Currington, Jamie O'Neal, one of the guys from Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jimmy Wayne (2x), LoCash Cowboys (2x), Jamey Johnson, and Rhett Akins.

- States I have been to: Tennessee, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, West Virginia, Virginia, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Pennsylvania, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Missouri, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona.

- My favorite number is 7.

- I love inspirational/meaningful/artistic/love/relationship quotes.

- My #1 dream in life has been accomplished, and that is seeing Garth Brooks in concert in Kansas City, Missouri on Nov. 6, 2007.

- Countries I would love to visit/explore: Ireland, Italy, Australia, France, and Scotland.

- I LOVE coffee. I always have to have a cup every day. I can't stand regular, but I like it flavored, such as hazelnut or mocha.

- I strongly dislike: mushrooms, onions, and cabbage. I can't stand the smell of these food or even the sight of them as they are cooked.

- I have a weird thing with pens, I like to collect gel colored pens and I have a bag full of them, and I rarely use them only when I feel like I want to use one when I am writing a letter or taking notes about something. I love sharpies, too as well.

- I love digital cameras and photographs. I always take pictures everywhere I go; and I carry my digital camera in my bag all the time.

- Mike and I met 3 months after we saw each other as we walked past each other on the Oval on campus at Ohio State. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him; just being friendly and did not think of anything out of it. He found out I was friends with his friend's girlfriend who I grew up with since 4th grade. Ever since, we both are happy and I am so blessed and lucky to have someone like him in my life at this time, and hopefully later in life too as well. We have been together for a year and almost a month. Let's just say, I have a gut feeling.

You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by Pam

... but hate the taste and smell of liver.
    Hubby likes it and I have only cooked it for him once after decades of marriage.
    OLD Liver Tail >>>

I was a lil kid ...5-8, somewhere around there ... toddled in from school ...
    Ewwwww ... What STINKS in here?

Mom was not impressed ... "That's what were having for dinner, Dear; it's LIVER.
    It has a unique smell before it's cooked. You'll LIKE it."

YUCCCK! I won't like it - it smells BAD! I wanna Hamburger.
    I'm only cooking ONE meal!
    I headed for my room.

Dad appeared on the scene ... "Gosh, what STINKS in here?"

Mom was REALLY not impressed ... "YOU asked for it, Skipper!"

The smell became overpowering, even upstairs behind my closed door ...
    KIDS ~ Dinner's ready!

Five "Dinner's ready - COME!" calls later, I was seated at the dining room table.

I *s*l*o*w*l*y* ate everything in sight - except IT.
    IT lay menacingly on my plate - a huge glob of UCK!

"Eat you LIVER, Dear."
    I don't WANT it - gimmie a Hamburg or a Pean-Butter & Jelly Sammich.
    EAT IT!

I'll get SICK if I eat that junk!
    "EAT it if you want any desert."

EAT IT!
    I'll get sick if I do ...
    "Eat it Dear. You'll probably like it; you ate it all the time when you were little."
    SHE (my lil Sister) didn't eat all hers!"
    "She ate most of it and didn't complain a bit!"
    She can hardly talk ...
    EAT IT and stop complaining!

I took a tiny bite ...
    And Yuppers - Did I get **SICK**!
    *Barfed* all over the plate, table cloth, my lap ... a real 1st class job!

I remember getting *cleaned* then *paddled* and sent to my room - hungry.
    I NEVER remember having LIVER again - EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    OLD Liver Tail >>>

I was a lil kid ...5-8, somewhere around there ... toddled in from school ...
    Ewwwww ... What STINKS in here?
    When my sis and I were kids, we always knew when Mom and Dad were fighting. They went to great lengths to hide those types of things from us--we never overheard or saw any tension between them. But when Mom was ticked at him, we got spaghetti for dinner. Pasta is a side dish, not a meal to my Dad. When they had made up, we got liver and onions--Dad's favorite meal! I required half a pound of bacon to eat a tiny slice of liver!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Ok...let me think...

*I'm 18 and do not have my license yet. I'm totally terrified of driving.
    *I'm scared of horses,ferrets, and gerbils.
    *I'm really shy, even around children I don't know
    *I have to be forced to buy myself things.
    *I get real sick when it gets hot and I love the cold.
    *I'm obsessed with bracelets
    *I really want a little niece (I have 2 nephews and a third on the way)
    *I'm going blind
    *I'm a picky eater.
    *I hate talking on the phone and won't answer it if it rings.
    *I don't wear make-up
    *I love to watch the news.
    *I worry about everything.

Offal was a regular part of our diet when I was growing up since it was cheaper than regular meat, and I actually loved liver and onions, and kidneys, before I became vegetarian. Like Phred, I grew up in an era when you got a clip round the ear, at least, if you didn't eat the majority of what was on your plate. However, after several heave-ups at the table whenever my step-mother used pearl barley (another cheap but nutritious food), she stopped trying. I feel my gorge rising just writing the name of that food down, can't even look at it in the grocery store. I loathed swede (rutabaga) and marrow (a stringy and watery very large squash) also but they didn't make me sick.

-I'm incredibly indecisive
    -I get very annoyed and even confused at poor or impropper grammar, but I have terrible spelling
    -I absolutley DESPISE math
    -I can't kill insects and spiders that come into my house.
    -I'm not afraid of anything that I can think of, and that thought kind of bothers me.
    -When I was young, I was afraid of internal organs and I couldn't go anywhere near the giant heart at the Museum of Science and Industry.
    -My earliest memory involves walking through tall grass looking for turtles.
    -I know I should be nice to them, but people with very low self esteem really anger me.
    -I have very little self control and time managment skills so I'm late with everything I do and almost everywhere I go, despite trying. I've very often spent hours on my computer without even realizing it.
    -I really want to take a gap year to travel or live out on the fringes somewhere in Africa, but can't afford it.
    -I want to join the Peace Corps but they want a degree first.
    -I've often had sudden urges to up and join the army even though I'm usually against war.
    -I find myself wanting to do something just because it is a tradition even if it doesn't seem logical. (cropping dogs' ears, joining the army, etc.)
    -I'm allergic to all of my animals
    -I didn't know people could breathe through their noses until I was about 5, because I couldn't!
    -There is a very good chance I have had sinus infections off and on for the last three years, none of which have been diagnosed.

Niņo & Eliza

oh after reading these I thought of a few more lol:

-I wear virtually no makeup, only Diluted foundation and only to cover the redness from my Rosacea.
    -cats love me, I clearly remeber several times walking to school with random cats purring and rubbing themselves against my legs, there is even 2 that despite all my dogs, hang out in my front yard. when I met my moms boyfrineds cat I was told that chances are I would not see him because he is really shy, my mom was going over there for months before the cat would come out of hiding. I walked in the door and the cat ran right up to me purring lol.
    -I HATE to buy things for myself, but I LOVE to shop for my pets and for other people. the question I hate the most is "what do you want for x-mas/your birthday?" because there is nothing "I" want, other then stuff for others, which apperntly isnt an acceptable answer.
    -I dont submit to peer pressure, I dont drink or smoke, and never have. that doesnt mean nobody has tried to make me, my own parents have been trying to get me to drink for years, but the most I am willing to drink is a breezer. I have been pressured to chain smoke at school events, but I always passed.
    -I am a crazy picky eater, I love a lot of things, but ONLY if they are made a certain way. for example, I love pie...so long as its pumpkin. I love Pizza..so long as there is no veggies at all, and the crust has to be thick, stuffed crust is gross, the sauce cannot contain onions, Cheese must be either Mozza, or Chedder, or marble etc... I love Burgers, so long as they contain no pickles, onions, or any type of sauce, and they MUST have cheese. I dont eat any seafood at all, I love the smell, but I hate the taste lol.
    -I cant throw up. not naturally, I can only thow up if I induce it. do you know how annoying that is? its doesnt seem like something you would miss, until you cant do it.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

-I'm 15 years old and I've never had a boyfriend. I really don't care either
    -I'm 15 and most of my favorite shows are all cartoons including Scooby-doo and SpongeBob.
    -I have an obsession with Drake Bell and the show "Drake & Josh" on Nickelodeon.
    -I was born with a heart condition and had Open Heart Surgery at the age of 5 years old.
    -I HATE make-up and the only time I've worn it was when people did make-overs on me at sleep overs.
    -I really, REALLY want another dog.
    -I absolutely HATE math and I'm terrible at it. It's like an alien language to me.
    -I am obsessed with photography. I have 2 cameras and am getting a new one possibly this summer.
    -People say I have a really great, and interesting eye for pictures.
    -I hate scary movies yet I'm an extremist who lives life to the fullest.
    -I have a piece of a Roller Coaster called "Batman and Robin: the Chiller" that was located at Six Flags great adventure, but was knocked down. I won't tell you HOW I got it.
    -I am really immature most of the time and I don't give a crap what people think of me.
    -I try really hart in school.
    -I dream of living in a loft apartment in Manhattan right near central park..
    -I was born in Staten Island, NY and lived there for two years before I moved to Jersey. I wish I lived in Manhattan.
    -I LOVE to travel. I've been to Florida, Italy, the bahamas, and I hope to go to many more places in the course of my life.
    -I love roller coasters.
    -I'm in the FFA animal and batonical sciences program at school.
    -I sing in the shower.
    -I have straight hair in virtually all the pictures I take of myself but my hair is naturally a frizzy curly mess.

Okay sorry I know that was alot. I'll probably post more later though.

I'm really enjoying reading other people's responses to this thread and I've thought of few more about me.

-I have to have peace and quiet in order to sleep so I've been using ear plugs for years now.
    -I've never smoked cigarretes and I've never wanted to.
    -I hate liver,mushrooms,olives,raw onions,and avacodos.
    -I hate the smell and taste of coffee.
    -I think I'm addicted to diet coke. I stopped drinking it for a while but now I find myself having to drink it at least 1 time a day. It helps me get through the day.
    -During the week even though I hate getting up early, I get up several hours before I have to be at work because I hate being rushed.
    -Growing up I never gave in to peer pressure.
    -I've never lived alone but I'd love to some day.
    -I'd rather hang out with my cats than with people.
    -I'm addicted to PT.
    -I do most things alone.
    -I hate having long finger nails or toe nails.
    -I've never had a manicure or a pedicure and I probably never will.
    -I don't like nail polish. I like the natural look.
    -I do wear make up to try to hide my imperfections but if I had beautiful skin then I wouldn't bother.
    -I've had acne problems most of my life and I'm now in my forties and I still have problems. I've been to many doctors and tried almost everything and nothing works for me.
    -I have extemely oily skin and I hate it.
    -I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was in middle school but it wasn't bad enough for anything to be done. Now I'm having a lot of back problems and it's probably due to this. One of my shoulder blades also sticks out too much.
    -I'm the oldest and the only girl in my family.
    -I'm the only one who never married and who doesn't have children in my family and this also includes my cousins too.
    -I feel like the black sheep of the family.
    -I can't believe that I'm telling you all of this.

Great idea for a thread! I enjoy reading about people.

I suffer from ADHD and depression
    I'm very stubborn and like things my way
    I'm an only child but not all that close to my parents
    I've been with my boyfriend and best friend Will for almost 19 years
    I'm to the point of being obsessed and totally in love with Sash- so much that I put him before everyone else in my life anymore.
    I hate to cook but love to eat
    I have a terrible weakness for sweets
    I get bored extremely easy
    I'm very moody and have mood swings quite often, especially the older I get
    I'm very serious and have trouble finding joy in the simple things in life, I always need to be doing something to be content.
    I have trouble watching movies, so I rarely do since it's hard for me to pay attention to them and sustain interest.
    I bite my nails like crazy
    I have trouble opening up and getting close to people, I do not trust people easily.
    I feel more for animals than people
    I've never wanted children
    I love being by myself and going shopping and out to lunch by myself, I'm very much a loner.
    I worry so much about Sash and I'm terrified of losing him
    I love the color red
    I'm not materialistic at all and don't like expensive things

I'm sure there are plenty more I'll think of later!

-I am always late. It doesn't matter where I am going, why I am going or how much I really want to do it; I am always 10-20 minutes late.
    -I stopped smoking about 20 months ago and now I cannot stop gaining weight.
    -I am terrified of dying and this fear effects many other aspects of my life.
    -I often use sarcasm to make a point.
    -One of the best moments of my life was having front row tickets to see Eric Clapton then hanging around after the show to talk to the guy (Lee) who handles his guitars (long but funny story )
    -I prefer dogs to people, and am only comfortable relating to people through animals.
    -I have incredible friends, and although we may not talk to each other as often as some people, I have been fortunate enough to have some of the most amazing people in my life.